Game-Labs Forum

Why does an uncontested PB extend one second beyond the cut-off time for the defenders to join?  Is there in fact a cut-off time for defenders to join?  I would suggest that defenders cannot join a PB 20 minutes after the start of the PB and further that at that point, if no defenders have entered, the PB is deemed a Win by the attackers and the PB is ended.  We have enough time sinks in the game already.  In fact, a mercy rule should also be applied, where if the Attacker to Defender ratio is high (better than 2:1? 3:1?) then the PB is ended and the Attacker is declared the winner.  We shouldn't have to tolerate a Tlynx holding a fleet of 25 in battle.

• Like 1

Just now, Salty Sails said:

Explain what is outnumbered? Are you trying to tell me, 25 noobs should win against 10 veterans? Because they bring more numbers to PB? 😂 

That's what I opened the discussion for.  You make a good point.  What would be a good number.  Surely you're not suggesting that one noob in a Prince should force 25 veterans to stay in a PB for 90 minutes? 

Does it really take 90 min to get to 1000 points with all 3 circles capped? Last I checked it was about 40 to 45. So where is the 90 coming from? If you want the port, you tolerate what is needed to get it.

Sorry, I dont mean to sound like I am attacking you but the plain fact is both PVP and Traders have activities that demand a large amount of time. For the PVP/RVR it is the hostility mission and then the port battle (which amounts to usually one to four times a week). For the traders it is one to three hours (at least) on a daily basis (longer if you are part of a nation that will not assist in ridding raiders from the area). With the increased cost of keeping a port and now building up the defenses for a port there has been a heavy burden placed on the traders to now help support a clan (cost involved in both gathering/producing/purchasing materials as well as upkeep). 

So every aspect of this game requires a commitment of an extended period of time that will include sitting on your thumbs.

Edited by Raekur
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Does it really take 90 min to get to 1000 points with all 3 circles capped? Last I checked it was about 40 to 45. So where is the 90 coming from? If you want the port, you tolerate what is needed to get it.

Sorry, I dont mean to sound like I am attacking you but the plain fact is both PVP and Traders have activities that demand a large amount of time. For the PVP/RVR it is the hostility mission and then the port battle (which amounts to usually one to four times a week). For the traders it is one to three hours (at least) on a daily basis (longer if you are part of a nation that will not assist in ridding raiders from the area). With the increased cost of keeping a port and now building up the defenses for a port there has been a heavy burden placed on the traders to now help support a clan (cost involved in both gathering/producing/purchasing materials as well as upkeep). 

So every aspect of this game requires a commitment of an extended period of time that will include sitting on your thumbs.

The cut off time is 30 mins from when the PB started (when you can actually move).  That means if no one shows on either side and the other side has at least one player it's an Auto win for that team.  After the first 10 mins it only takes 20 mins to cap out all three circles and win.  I think it's actually shorter than that so you should have all the points any way before the battle is closed hit.  If you haven't capped all three circles and been gaining points that their fault for not doing so.  So I really don't get what he's talking about cause they should have all the points before the lock timer even kicks in and if they do that one or two guys showing up at the last moment won't matter.

• Like 1

So why do you have to even cap the circles if no one shows up to defend? Should be a straight auto win.  Raekur, i'm not saying that there aren't plenty of time sinks in the game.  So lets get rid of one of them and give auto-wins in PB's.

Just now, Angus MacDuff said:

So why do you have to even cap the circles if no one shows up to defend? Should be a straight auto win.  Raekur, i'm not saying that there aren't plenty of time sinks in the game.  So lets get rid of one of them and give auto-wins in PB's.

If no one shows for 30 mins it's a straight up win for the one side that did show.  So yah you can just not cap them, but if a fleet pops in at the last moment you wasted your time.  Just cap the circles and be done with it.  I seen fleets show up late on the old system and than demolish the defenders.  I seen it happen on this new system too.   I seen fleets try to slip in late and also pop in right in the middle of the attackers, in irons and no prep/cannons loaded.  Kinda felt bad for those guys as they where trying something new against us and it backfired.

• Like 1

Soooo... (Que carnival music)

Nation A flips a county capital (n) of nation X in one part of the map.

~meanwhile~

Nation B (allied with nation A) flips another county capital (o) of nation X in another part of the map a short time after A flipped Xn.

Then nation X has to choose what port to fully defend, and they choose (o).

Nation A ~should~ be able to insta take port Xn so they can then teleport over and help screen their allies into to Xo.

thereby

If A=20, B=20 and X=30

Xn=1 Xo=29

A>Xn so instant win for A

Then can be A+B>Xo

YOU ARE MAKING A THREAD ASKING FOR DEVS TO CHANGE PORT BATTLE MECHANICS TO FURTHER ENABLE MULTIFLIPS BY THE TWO STONGEST RVR FLEETS IN THAT TIME ZONE (WHICH ARE ALLIES).

The thread title is an ironic joke, you are not asking for mercy, you are asking for assistance to be able to make multiflips easier.

That has to be a hard NO.

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

IMO, defenders should be able to join for as long as the battle is open. Consider this as time for all sailors to get up and out of the pubs and cutter rides out to the ships...prep time.

I all ways jokenly said the best way to beat BLACK would be to show up late when we are sitting in the circles demasting each other.  You be surprise the things folks do in empty port battles while bored.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I all ways jokenly said the best way to beat BLACK would be to show up late when we are sitting in the circles demasting each other.  You be surprise the things folks do in empty port battles while bored.

Hahah ya we always screwed around in empties. But facing Russians now, they always join as late as possible just like the Brit and rat alliance in the PvP Zones. 😕

10 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Ahh, in a game where time is wasted in many ways, it would be nice to save it where possible, but clearly, there is no support for this concept.  I'm more than willing to let it drop.

Making the "save time" and "quality of life improvements" arguments on the forum isnt possible anymore with the players that are still around, unfortunately.

19 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Ahh, in a game where time is wasted in many ways, it would be nice to save it where possible, but clearly, there is no support for this concept.  I'm more than willing to let it drop.

6 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

Making the "save time" and "quality of life improvements" arguments on the forum isnt possible anymore with the players that are still around, unfortunately.

Unfortunately QoL features and small things the take the mundane out of NA are heresy and ruin people's immersion.  Just can't have nice things.  I don't think anyone is resistant in particular to Angus' issue, it's just a small potatoes compared to other game problems.

• Like 1