admin

Small group/clan content: Port Raids + Poll

Raid polls  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Raids - do we need them

• Yes - Raids are great
    • No - Raids are not needed
  2. 2. Implementation

• Raids like port battles - preparation today, raid tomorrow at a set up time - favors larger clans and defenders.
    • Raids like missions - everything today when you have time - Favors smaller clans and attackers

27 minutes ago, Barbarosa said:

How come many of you fail to understand as soon as you put any kind of event battle against AI or players, it turns to suicide mission if you make it known or PvE group mission if no one knows...?

There is no escape from enemy if they know with what br/ships, when and where you are coming. There is no escape from home waters of enemy... Entering event battle is just a death wish.

That’s why I’m suggesting that the announcement be “X Nation is raiding in the Y County” instead of specific port. 

If raids = PvE, I would like to propose removing the PvE battle instance all together. Making it even more time sensitive. 

Raid: get a flag - go to the port - plant the flag - when flag is plantet port is raided - players get raid chest in hold (make them heavy to prevent use of trader lynx 601 weight) - now get back to a safe port!

Skipping the PvE battle removes the need to sink and loot elite AI, that can take a while. Giving defenders time to organize screening, revenge fleet etc.

• Like 1

Another way to protect small nations is to limit the loot for raiders:

1- More ports a nation has,  more enrichment these ports will make each others by domestic trading (which is the case in real life). So it should be more lucrative to raid ports of big nations.

2- The maximum amount of loot that can be taken from a port should be visible in this port, to enemy players only (alt prevention), by introducing a smuggler in the port.

I don't Understand fully the A/B. But If it was each port could generate 1 mission a week,and Only 1 per clan per week,or for Host Capitols/but you would have to add a few more hidden Islands . A or B

On 5/7/2019 at 4:56 AM, admin said:

its pvp when you are bringing back the loot. Enemies will decide themselves if they want to intercept you or not to create pvp 

Can you make the loot package float. This means if player is killed and loot wasn't picked up it will float on the OS until someone picks it up (with float life timer of 30 mins). This can create even more interesting content. ex. Attacker raided port and took the Loot package, on the way home got sunk. People who sunk them did not take the package and left it as a bait. Package location is displayed to everyone on the Map. People come to pick it up and create pvp at that location. Hot hot hot!

Edited by Audacious

23 hours ago, Radicalism said:

Can we get back flags for raids?

im theory we could have flags for pbs with frontlines too. Fake flags wound not work so well. AI needs to be taken out of rvr all together so it is less grind and more pew pew

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

im theory we could have flags for pbs with frontlines too. Fake flags wound not work so well. AI needs to be taken out of rvr all together so it is less grind and more pew pew

I wish we had flags again with the current RvR.

It would be beautiful.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I wish we had flags again with the current RvR.

It would be beautiful.

Grinding AI is the absolute worst. Why can't we just have an open battle instance where you accrue hostility while you wait for potential PvP defenders? Get rid of AI hostility grind now!

• Like 2

Whatever you do make it so that specific target port can only be raided once a day, might even want a longer cooldown depending on what people think. Also assuming theres a flag involved, put a lifespan timer on it which limits the range of plantable ports and forces the attacker to consider wind direction and the route of attack and potential screening, presumably necessitating an offensive screen which would include more randoms who just wanna tag along or are already in the area. 

Last but not least ill add to the pvp sentiment, give defenders an opportunity to organize a team of their own instead of strictly pve. Even just the transit time to the target should be sufficient if its an important port.

Just one more fyi, if you enable raids outside set timer windows and infrastructure/assets can be lost it will create a mutually assured destruction mentality between timezones and it will get outa hand very quickly.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Potemkin said:

Just one more fyi, if you enable raids outside set timer windows and infrastructure/assets can be lost it will create a mutually assured destruction mentality between timezones and it will get outa hand very quickly.

I might have mised it. With 250 k a day only capitols will have timers. Not the other ports. Will all ports be covered by the country timer with raids? If not it is a open buffe table. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Routan said:

If not it is a open buffe table. 

that's good though, you want players to feast. Admin said combat is going back to being the money maker, raids are instrument to achieve that, plus content.

Side note, has anyone noticed PB's placed on timers within a certain period of hours in the day? Why is that? Because of that timezones get excluded, not very global server friendly. 

It sounds like it would be smarter to go the other direction, to longer periods of PB's, that way no timezone can be excluded within a 24 hour period. A step further would be making pb periods last upwards of 3 days, that way you can have battles all week without rescheduling the by the day, or by the hour of the day but the period of the week which is multitudes more flexible.

Edited by Slim McSauce

1 hour ago, Routan said:

I might have mised it. With 250 k a day only capitols will have timers. Not the other ports. Will all ports be covered by the country timer with raids? If not it is a open buffe table. 

You know a bit off topic but having the main port set the timer for all sub ports of the region would be nice. I would have it collect a portion of the sub ports tax’s too.  I might make a suggestion about this.

back on topic this means raids only work on the sub ports but you have to have a port battle with the main as wa means to win the region.

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

back on topic this means raids only work on the sub ports but you have to have a port battle with the main as wa means to win the region.

Why can’t you attack main port for raids with timer on? Know it will be harder, but still duable. 

If the sub ports dosn’t have timer, think most of the raids will be uncontested if against other players, unless we get a much higher pop around the clock.

4 hours ago, Routan said:

What i meant was, if you have a timer set on your main crafting port that you built up and someone raids it 8 hrs outside the timer window when you dont have any players online and you lose 10-15% of your invested infrastructure its not going to be a good situation. Any other port, who cares about the timer. But its all hypothetical at this point, we'll see what they do. 

Im also curious to know whether or not the activities during a raid will count towards hostility. Would be a nice alternative to grinding missions if theres a possibility of infusing pvp with raids.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

What i meant was, if you have a timer set on your main crafting port that you built up and someone raids it 8 hrs outside the timer window when you dont have any players online and you lose 10-15% of your invested infrastructure its not going to be a good situation. Any other port, who cares about the timer. But its all hypothetical at this point, we'll see what they do. 

Just thought with the point system some of the next port might be used for the rare woods and maybe production building. Was just woundring if they would be save under the Capitol timer.

8 hours ago, Routan said:

Why can’t you attack main port for raids with timer on? Know it will be harder, but still duable. 

If the sub ports dosn’t have timer, think most of the raids will be uncontested if against other players, unless we get a much higher pop around the clock.

The main port prob should be only hit with Port Battles. What they can do is make raids count as hostility.  Each raids adds hostility to the Capital Port until it sets the port battle.  Than once they taken the main port they can attack the others.  

As for the timer thing I mention you can bump up the cost of the timers to effect the whole region, but I would also say that subports get 5% of there tax while the other 5% goes to who ever owns the capital and has the regions timer set.  Right now no one is putting timers on sub region ports cause unless some one uses an exploit you can't attack a sub region port without capturing the capital first.

5 hours ago, Routan said:

Just thought with the point system some of the next port might be used for the rare woods and maybe production building. Was just woundring if they would be save under the Capitol timer.

The capitals have the best points to do crafting ships out of, the other ports tend to have low points so they can have a rare resources or a few normal if some one wants along with extra defense if needed for coast line.

On 5/7/2019 at 6:02 AM, Miaowi said:

CRAZY IDEA: could the reward be permits/notes instead? One that conforms to the building bonuses of the raided port?

i.e: I raid a 45 point port. my permit/note has sailing bonus 4, hull 4, gunnery 4 etc... 

In this way the raiders get a ship that is usually out of reach for them. it doesn't hurt the economy of the raid victim. (this also stops big clans from emptying ports using multiple raids) You'd still turn up to defend as you don't want others to copy/have your ships

Now this I can get behind. The nation that produces the investments still has the benefit of all ships build there having the bonuses, but gives others a chance to compete with them at some level. Owning nation can still protect its advantage by defending against raids.  

Edited by Psycho3630

My vote would be for raids to be against elite AI ships if not filled by defending players.  Otherwise it will turn out to be yet one more mechanic benefiting the big nations, making sure the small stay small.  Nothing would stop a nation with 25 players online from starting five simultaneous raids that the smaller nation couldn't possibly cover.  

Also agree that this is perfect for giving smaller ships a role in the game.  Nothing bigger than 5th rates. 

And ships could be part of the booty, representing "cutting out" operations.  Would hate to see my orange Santi carried off as loot, but has a certain truth to it.  Or have I seen "The Admiral" too many times?

Edited by Vinnie

I will never understand how some people can say no to new content.

Neither why some have chosen to have a repetition of the PB mechanics. Isnt better having something fresh and new?

• Like 1

What if you made two types of Raids?

1. that is a "Heavy Raid" which focuses of the ports Investments and aptly gives both Defenders and Opportunists time to respond

2. a "Normal Raid" Which focuses on raiding a port for resources and materials - Similar to the Looting Table at the End Screen we had in battles long ago. You could get Teak wood, or Copper Ingots, or Mods. This Raid would be more towards a mission type similar to hostility missions?

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

I will never understand how some people can say no to new content.

Neither why some have chosen to have a repetition of the PB mechanics. Isnt better having something fresh and new?

In this game seeing "fresh and new" stuff is often cause for concern

• Like 1