Game-Labs Forum

The Timer Problem

4 hours ago, Barents said:

Getting personal, why?

Is it because you fear your own north-american server without nightflips, hiding behind timers and contested portbattles?

We dont have nightflips, what are you referring to?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Wow, I guess someone is feeling a bit salty because they can only feel accomplished zerging the map and hiding behind numbers and game mechanics that have been purpose built for that?  Any potential threat to that advantage or allowing other players to play the game they bought in the timezone they want is a real problem to that hegemony isn't it?

Let me clear a few things up for the mouth breathing sycophants who responded here and brainlessly mashes "like" on your posts above. WO and VCO did not coordinate a multiflip on the U.S.  We honestly would have rather had the U.S. show up with their best (and I can't understand why they didn't just no-show Marsh and fully commit to a port battle on their coast, but whatever). We flipped it at a time that was convenient for us (believe it or not, the U.S. is a big country and spans multiple time zones), not to mention we flipped it immediately when the port hostility could be gained because Texas forgot to put a timer on it for the day it would go live. That's not evil planning, that's just logistics and mechanics.  Regardless, we knew the U.S. would hide behind an E.U. timer like they've done with Savannah, which is their right of course, but it doesn't create good U.S. time zone play for them.  In any case, the timing was circumstantial, not some nefarious plot between WO and VCO.

Second, WO and VCO are fine with friendly fights in the OW but we have a long history of absolutely toxic RvR, and it's not healthy for either clan. So we avoid it plain and simple. Why should we engage in something that's not fun when there's fun to be had elsewhere? Beyond that, as Admin's numbers show, the U.S. has plenty of players relative to France and Pirates during our prime time, they just suck at organizing because they insist on roleplaying instead of figuring out the meta.  That's fine but they should stop bitching about it and relying on demonizing two clans that have made sport of the meta over the years. The US should instead focus on getting better through arranging port battles (which we've offered over and over) and worrying less about pixels and PvE.

Third, both of our clans have had to deal with incessant bullshit from the loudest whingers in the game about exploits and "cheating" that have been confirmed as neither, and so forgive us if we wanted to prove a point to those whinging about mechanics by making it absolutely clear that if we wanted to get to the U.S. coastline and set up a camp there we could do it under any scenario.

As far as questioning our morality, I don't think you have a leg to stand on there. Why would we have any need to post any negative reviews when so many other players are doing it for us? I've not left a single review, as I'm philosophically against doing so for any Early Access game, and I think any of our players who have posted probably have done it in equal parts negative and positive, which is probably fair in the big scheme of things, or do you disagree? If you think you can pin declining player numbers on WO and VCO you need to really take a step back and assess the source of your anger bud. Because those players that post negative reviews are well within their rights, not just because they spent money on the right to access and test the game as it's being developed, but because many ideas and changes in the game, not their own, have led to some pretty miserable outcomes for us as players over the years.

You can frame it any way you want man, but this is just me making fun of you guys. You can fall back on whatever reds does but at the end of the day you cant say we ever multiflipped anyone that literally didnt have the ability to fight back. You can say the timing on the pbs was all just a big coincidence, very creative. I never mentioned exploits idk why you're so defensive about that. I had a good chuckle when you said "why should we engage in something thats not fun when theres fun to be had elsewhere". I guess half filled and empty pbs and jumping newb missions in front of ct is fun, who knew? Toxic rvr? Yeah we know, remember when you got your asses booted to another server? Bottom line is you're free to play the game however and whenever you want, but im still going to rip on you for it.

Its funny though, you guys didnt have any problems being a zerg when you went russia, you didnt seem to have a problem playing at normal hours (not 9pm-1am US time only on weeknights) and you guys even offered to nightflip for us against nations that you knew couldnt defend at those times. 

Edited by Potemkin

11 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Probably because Russia has relied on the same "legacy" mechanic extensively on their way to dominating the map and locking those ports behind timers that you're apparently now saying don't work to your advantage?  I guess I'm really confused about why're so worked up about this and even bothering to comment here...

We took marsh to get to secret island took secret island to get to bermuda, what port did REDs exploit? As for the rest of the map, hey if no one wants attack or defend any of it then thats the way its gonna be. I dont think we'd have this many ports if there were more players but it was my understanding that we were trying to provoke fights, if no one wants to fight we utilize the trade routes to make money to get the timers to ensure we dont have to try to cobble together a pb fleet in the middle of the night on a weeknight. You're right, though our timers are great. 

1 hour ago, Potemkin said:

Toxic rvr? Yeah we know, remember when you got your asses booted to another server?

hmm?  Global server was created as a result of night flips.  Not a war between WO and VCO...who happened to be in the same nation at the time.  

1 hour ago, Potemkin said:

Its funny though, you guys didnt have any problems being a zerg when you went russia, you didnt seem to have a problem playing at normal hours (not 9pm-1am US time only on weeknights) and you guys even offered to nightflip for us against nations that you knew couldnt defend at those times. 

What's funny is I seem to remember you kissing our ass in Russia.  You were quite the good boy on TS.  Oh how times change.
VCO also left Russia only a handful of us were able to do content during EU hours, most of those went and  re-created 7up in Spain....which is where you ran off too for a while if you recall.... until you got smashed by us at Key West.  

I get you got an axe to grind.  It's ok.  but you just come across as bitter, it's a bad look.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

And yet you begrudge other players in time zones outside your own trying to generate a little content for themselves when a weak opponent is the only opponent they have, primarily because of those timers that you so enjoy.

If you wanted content why attack in a time thats going to minimize players from east coast, central, and rocky mountain timezones? Why do it on a monday night? 

As for the map i think we all know that when you get this big with 9% of the server pop you're gonna get multiflipped at some point and to be honest, if the attacker gets through screening, which isnt hard to do these days, the weather guage will be theirs to lose. Plus, in case you haven't noticed, fortifications dont last very long in a pb with even semi competent mortarmen so i dont get the whole unstoppable zerg stronghold argument. Honestly sounds like the way you portrayed the US "woe be me". 

23 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

hmm?  Global server was created as a result of night flips.  Not a war between WO and VCO...who happened to be in the same nation at the time.  

Thats what i was getting at bud in case you missed it. Nightflips were toxic rvr. As for vco getting whipped by wo repeatedly i dont think anyone really cared beyond the guys frantically creating tribunals against each other. As for not being a douchebag to your clanmates on ts well, sorry? You're welcome to stop by our ts any time if you wanna get abused. I dont know most of your players but ive fought alongside and against several that seem like good people. See you have to understand, im busting your balls on the forums when you or wraith try to justify what you've been doing to the US for two years. Its not really my fight but it passes the time at work and never fails to get a response.

As for key west, well that kinda highlights your only strategy in this game. 12am for me god knows what time for the eu guys, didnt have enough people, more than half our pb fleet made up of guys in their first pb, and we had no requins. The outcome was inevitable really. The sad part is, you guys wont ever have a real opponent to face, and tbh even a loss against a great enemy fleet is better than clubbing seals with a 2 to 1 numbers advantage while completely outclassing their fleet composition. I honestly feel bad for your players i really do.

Edited by Potemkin

Just now, Routan said:

You actually think anybody is going to attack you? Think you misread the game right now. 

I will be surpriced if there will be any attempt to take any of your ports. Right now most ppl just don’t agree with how the game works. So they don’t 

I guess the swedes are the only ones left with balls then. Either way pvp zones have been fun im cool with that till i run outa ships.

Just now, Routan said:

Glad you have fun. Personally I dont think the game will be fun in the long run, if nobody wants to play it. The short answer imo is the gameplay right now just dont work, since so few actually care.

“Only one with balls”.Well Sweden have kotballer, not many Nations have. If you ment it as a provocation, Well it is about 40 since I grew up. Mama jokes neither work.

No i was referring to sweden defending deshais the other day, it was a fun fight. 

7 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

I guess the swedes are the only ones left with balls then. Either way pvp zones have been fun im cool with that till i run outa ships.

Just now, Routan said:

Glad you have fun. Personally I dont think the game will be fun in the long run, if nobody wants to play it. The short answer imo is the gameplay right now just dont work, since so few actually care.

“Only one with balls”.Well Sweden have kotballer, not many Nations have. If you ment it as a provocation, Well it is about 40 since I grew up. Mama jokes neither work.

to be fair, the Swedes only have so much fight in them until you lose key ports. it's like every nation, including the US now. you take the high invested ports and you lose all the groups you were planning to "continue" to fight.

you lose that port you invested everything into? You're pretty much 100% done and out of the RvR game forever (until someone nice enough gives it back)

a Nice player made Diplomacy would be cool with Wars/Peace, surrender, trade and whatever - but that's not what this thread is about.

Port Timer Problem is a fake-crisis. Attack the port in the time that the defender creates. Or don't, your choice. The Biggest detriment to "I'm not getting the fights I want" Is NOT because of timers, but because of people not wanting to fight one another.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Port Timer Problem is a fake-crisis. Attack the port in the time that the defender creates. Or don't, your choice. The Biggest detriment to "I'm not getting the fights I want" Is NOT because of timers, but because of people not wanting to fight one another.

If that port is close to your capital / core area and hidden by timer you might think different.

I think we should apply at the holy Pope to declare earth as flat disc. Sun, moon and stars are only candles on the ceiling and one of the arch angels gets the light switch. All people thinking other than the holy decree shall be punished by the courts of holy inquisition.

Problem solved!

☠️

It's a boring discussion