Game-Labs Forum

In my opinion, as of this last update the prices for Level 1 production buildings are FAR too high for the eventual release of the game. Whilst we can make a 250k real, 10k doubloon level 1 shipyard or iron mine work now, once release hits and no-one has high rank, high level crafting, etc. this will be incredibly hard. Level 1 production buildings should be viable and easy to obtain, allowing new players to get into the game and try out crafting and/or help their clan. As it stands right now, release will be even more DLC action than Naval action, as no-one will be able to build anything to be able to go out and capture the larger AI ships. I have no problem if the prices for level 2 and 3 are increased.

IMO these prices for level 1 will turn away the new players you keep going on about that will be coming in.

EDIT: As an addendum, you could make level 1 academy and workshop, where level 1 allows you to make basic mods (no book) and repairs/rum, and level2 allows everything. Level 1 forge could allow crafting of long guns<=18p and carronades <=32p, and level 2 (more expensive) allows all guns. Etc.

Edited by Isaac J Smith
  • Like 3

New level 1 prices for those who haven't noticed (will update as I get to more ports):

Coal: 100k Reals

Fir: 50k Reals

Lignum: 50k Reals

Stone: 15k Reals (I would argue this is fine)

Iron: 250k Reals

Hemp: 25k Reals (Probably only 10k too much)

Forge: 500k Reals, 10k Doubloons

Academy: 1M Reals, 10k Doubloons

Shipyard: 250k Reals, 10k Doubloons

Workshop: 500k Reals, 5k Doubloons (No repairs for you!)

Edited by Isaac J Smith
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Isaac J Smith said:

New level 1 prices for those who haven't noticed (will update as I get to more ports)

You can check my map for the prices (game tools | buildings). The missing rare wood forests will be added soon.

• Like 1