Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Sheppard

Russians using exploit again to flip Kidd's Island?

Recommended Posts

Well we all thought that today's patch was gonna fix the hostility exploit but apparently not?

Russians are currently doing hostility missions on Kidd's island which shouldn't be possible 

This is not testing this is clearely exploiting an unintentional mechanic . Admin please let us know if you are ok with this and if we all should do it

Thanks

 

Screenshot_11.jpg

Screenshot_8.png

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was already answered by the developers in another topic.

This is how legacy hostility worked and it still works this way, until it's changed.
Player gains hostility for his nation. If player nation is different from the mission owner he gains hostility for himself and not the mission owner. 
It was stated that this feature will be changed, but there is no information when and how.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sincerely this is ending being comic.

For Hethwill, this is what happens if something, eventually, is an exploit but get not punished (nor fixed - but there's no need: faster making it an offense and act accordingly).

Or... this is working as intended. Say it clearly: so let all player base, who is trying to not do something perceived as wrong, to feel free to act in the same way.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Licinio Chiavari said:

Sincerely this is ending being comic.

For Hethwill, this is what happens if something, eventually, is an exploit but get not punished (nor fixed - but there's no need: faster making it an offense and act accordingly).

Or... this is working as intended. Say it clearly: so let all player base, who is trying to not do something perceived as wrong, to feel free to act in the same way.

Exactly just let us know if we can all do the same 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sailor said:

It was already answered by the developers in another topic.

This is how legacy hostility worked and it still works this way, until it's changed.
Player gains hostility for his nation. If player nation is different from the mission owner he gains hostility for himself and not the mission owner. 
It was stated that this feature will be changed, but there is no information when and how.

We know it's an old feature. And we know coding wise can be longer to get it solved.

The question is: is it legit or not?

If yes, GOOD: anybody should feel free to use it until patched.

If no, GOOD: anybody should be punished for using and any port resetted (or something like that).

BUT... playerbase deserves and needs to know if a mechanic that will be changed later can or not be lawfully NOW.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so despite the front line mechanics being implemented to prevent exactly this type of RVR......it is still allowed to pull missions and let other clans finish them....circumventing the frontlines mechanics.   Did I get that right?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want a clear answer. None of this dancing around the issue. Can we use characters in other nations to grab hostility to circumvent the frontlines? A simple yes or no is all that is required.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

Exactly just let us know if we can all do the same 

Hostility is being given to the player (clan) who gets the kill in the hostility points since 2017 - its allowed, but will be fixed based on what developers said
Entry to missions - legal mechanic - allowed, until its removed. 

The combination of these two mechanics (interfering with the requirement to cap the county capital) is a valid option for everyone until it's fixed.
Map wipe will fix the issues uncovered by testing anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Severus Snape said:

so despite the front line mechanics being implemented to prevent exactly this type of RVR......it is still allowed to pull missions and let other clans finish them....circumventing the frontlines mechanics.   Did I get that right?

Yes you did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sailor said:

Hostility is being given to the player (clan) who gets the kill in the hostility points since 2017 - its allowed
Entry to missions - legal mechanic - allowed

The combination of these two mechanics (interfering with the requirement to cap the county capital) is a valid option until it's fixed.
Map wipe will fix the issues uncovered by testing anyways. 

Now we know we can use (it's not an exploit, only an use) these two features. And anyone will feel free to use them as evaluated useful.

Thank you.

PS: knowing earlier it was fair, could be better, but it's good anyway to get a statement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sailor said:

Hostility is being given to the player (clan) who gets the kill in the hostility points since 2017 - its allowed
Entry to missions - legal mechanic - allowed

The combination of these two mechanics (interfering with the requirement to cap the county capital) is a valid option until it's fixed.
Map wipe will fix the issues uncovered by testing anyways. 

ok very good.

BUT...recently Devs patched old Hostility Mission taken before ''frontlines patch'' so they will disappear , if unaccomplished, with the next day maintenance...

if Russian, always them, are raising Hostility today that means they entered a mission set by and US Alt...because Marsh Harbour, the only port that gives mission for Kidd's, is USA...

 

and using and ALT to take Hostility mission is a ban-able action...as devs wrote in Tribunal section.

 

so...we will wait for Devs action

Edited by huliotkd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Licinio Chiavari said:

Now we know we can use (it's not an exploit, only an use) these two features. And anyone will feel free to use them as evaluated useful.

Thank you.

PS: knowing earlier it was fair, could be better, but it's good anyway to get a statement.

So many tears shed, so much salt thrown.  The U.S. nation should be ashamed. :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Capitalism said:

So many tears shed, so much salt thrown.  The U.S. nation should be ashamed. :P

Wait....The US is owned by the Russians??!!  That can't be right....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Capitalism said:

So many tears shed, so much salt thrown.  The U.S. nation should be ashamed. :P

Indeed we should praise Russian nation for being so smart uncovering this valid feature.

And ask them to excuse us all for thinking it was an exploit.

Let's go on. MOAR ALTS!!! and free hostility for all now. Sees in the seas.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Capitalism said:

So many tears shed, so much salt thrown.  The U.S. nation should be ashamed. :P

Honestly, the only reason salt was thrown by anyone was due to poor communication. Half the people saw it as using alts to abuse a mechanic, which goes directly against the game rules, whilst the other half used the excuse of "testing". All the responses by staff danced around the issue by saying along the lines of "Working as it always has, will be fixed" without ONCE saying yes or no whether it was a valid mechanic. Now that everyone has an answer, hopefully the salt will die down as more people find out.

Edited by isaac_j_smith
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind that none of this needs to be done with Alts.  This is not an Alt abuse issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sailor said:

Hostility is being given to the player (clan) who gets the kill in the hostility points since 2017 - its allowed, but will be fixed based on what developers said
Entry to missions - legal mechanic - allowed, until its removed. 

The combination of these two mechanics (interfering with the requirement to cap the county capital) is a valid option for everyone until it's fixed.
Map wipe will fix the issues uncovered by testing anyways. 

Ok so is it also allowed then to use alts to start hostility missions?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Angus MacDuff said:

Keep in mind that none of this needs to be done with Alts.  This is not an Alt abuse issue.

Let's say it's simpler and safer with an alt.

In any case it doesnt matter: it's legit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John Sheppard said:

Ok so is it also allowed then to use alts to start hostility missions?

Granted the enemy feeding the hostility can be or not an alt (and has to be demostrated) I'd say yes.

Simpler.

Let's go on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So why introduce Frontlines ???if it can be bypassed ,tell nobody(apart from the Russians :) ) Pointless....................

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

I have a hunch this will get fixed once Bermuda is taken.  

Agreed, the way this is going. Russians will get Bermuda once again and this time un-contested due to these new "mechanics" that will be "hotfixed" "Soon".

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...