Game-Labs Forum

Freetowns, missions, Impossible nation , port bonus

5 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

you don't want to understand the problem, but you understood it very well.

NEAR La Mona doesn't mean INSIDE La Mona...regular nation start NEAR , Impossible nations start INSIDE...it's a really big difference

russian polish and Prussians have to sail form shroud cay. the danish from Christiansted. 

who is faster? 

spanish can direct sail to el rancho and go for orleans. brits can sail to dariana and cap cartagena.

6 minutes ago, El Patron said:

russian polish and Prussians have to sail form shroud cay. the danish from Christiansted. 

who is faster? 

spanish can direct sail to el rancho and go for orleans. brits can sail to dariana and cap cartagena.

brits can sail from KPR to Dariena and cap Cartagena   (because all brits will start at KPR, all rats at Mortitown etc etc)

Russian can sail from Dariena and cap Cartagena

who is faster?

7 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

brits can sail from KPR to Dariena and cap Cartagena   (because all brits will start at KPR, all rats at Mortitown etc etc)

Russian can sail from Dariena and cap Cartagena

who is faster?

brits

russians are starting at shroud cay

no sorry. russians are faster. we can fly

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, El Patron said:

brits

russians are starting at shroud cay

why russians at shroud? they can start where they want. if you want to start from dariena you can. another palyer that want start russian but want Nassau will start at Shroud...russian don't have a capital. they have no starting point

this is the advantage that regular nations don't have

1 minute ago, huliotkd said:

why russians at shroud? they can start where they want. if you want to start from dariena you can. another palyer that want start russian but want Nassau will start at Shroud...russian don't have a capital. they have no starting point

all hardcore nation are starting in shroud. not in dariena ,aves ,l a mona or whatever

10 minutes ago, SantaRoja said:

impossible nation can't raise hostility for neutral city.

problem solved.

i think this is the best way to made the impossible nations impossible, you have to wait and you can't fight npc.

really impossible nationsare unplayable for a week? i guess KPR will have an army of lynx killing bambi's for exp. dosent sound to bad to be honest

Edited by Complete-Disaster

10 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

if we all start in shroud, you have an outpost set per defoult in shroud. you might grab nassau. you can also asign a certain amount of player go for darriena and take it before even russians arive there. but hey maybe we do have rockets and can fly the sky. who knows

14 minutes ago, El Patron said:

all hardcore nation are starting in shroud. not in dariena ,aves ,l a mona or whatever

it's a player choice, not a game choice. if you want to change to Impossible nations you just have to close all your OP except for freetowns and neutral ports

if you teleport to dariena and click ''change nation'' you'll become russian at Dariena...

1 minute ago, huliotkd said:

it's a player choice, not a game choice. if you want to change to Impossible nations you just have to close all your OP except for freetowns and neutral ports

if you teleport to dariena and click ''change nation'' you'll become russian at Dariena...

yes but we are talking about release

7 minutes ago, El Patron said:

yes but we are talking about release

ok, on release all Impossible Nation will start at Shroud? where is written?

if so, the problem still stay. they are closer to Nassau than any other regular nation. and this is a big advantage

Edited by huliotkd

1 hour ago, huliotkd said:

Russian,Prussian,Poland players too many advantages choosing their favourite Freetowns to take fast the best port of server (shroud-nassau, la tortue - cap francis, la mona- santo domingo and san juan) while Regular nations player are still fixed in their capital far away from those ports.

As far as i know the impossible nations start all from Shroud Cay and can't choose their starting freetown.

Don't forget, the recent wipe didn't touch the existing outposts, so everybody could use his already existing ones in the freeports, regular and impossible nations alike.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bragan Benigaris said:

As far as i know the impossible nations start all from Shroud Cay and can't choose their starting freetown.

Don't forget, the recent wipe didn't touch the existing outposts, so everybody could use his already existing ones in the freeports, regular and impossible nations alike.

my mistake then.

but it confirm my point. impossible nation start too close to a port that no one can defend faster than them. they should be a 2nd choice, every one should start ina regular nation first

Just now, huliotkd said:

my mistake then.

but it confirm my point. impossible nation start too close to a port that no one can defend faster than them. they should be a 2nd choice, every one should start ina regular nation first

you do know that russians wont go do GB right? it will be back to pirates and pirates will have 2/3 of the server pop(we already had that. it went gr8). ask admins make an outpost for every regular nations in shroud cay per defoult and you can go do what ever you wish.

Just curious, why do we need the impossible nations at this time? Are we really going to have the player base to support 11 "nations"? This game could do just fine with 5 nations and the frontline mechanics. Having a group that can bypass the intent of the frontline idea makes the concept of a frontline rather worthless. If you want the frontline concept to actually work as intended then freeports being able to give hostility missions need to be removed. Empires expand from their capital, not from the other side of the planet.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Raekur said:

Just curious, why do we need the impossible nations at this time? Are we really going to have the player base to support 11 "nations"? This game could do just fine with 5 nations and the frontline mechanics. Having a group that can bypass the intent of the frontline idea makes the concept of a frontline rather worthless. If you want the frontline concept to actually work as intended then freeports being able to give hostility missions need to be removed. Empires expand from their capital, not from the other side of the planet.

But that's more a problem with the availability of hostility missions from freeports - everybody can bypass the frontline mechanics with it. It's not only the impossible nations, best example: GB and Central America

• Like 1

Really what the front lines has taught is is we desperately need a new player/rookie starting zone or area.  Just randomly starting at a freetown simply doesn't work and provides an advantage to vets and a significant disadvantage to new players.  We need an island somewhere similar that is the designated start point for ALL new players.  This island provides a base where players learn the tutorial and a few basics.  Players pass the basic tutorial to learn the ropes(there should be a basic and an advanced) and then are given a choice as to which nation to join.  Starting off at a free town is just sloppy.

I like the idea of waiting a week or 2 in another nation and then changing to the impossible ones, but that would hinder new players a bit I think.

2 minutes ago, Bragan Benigaris said:

I also want to note that on release all three impossible nations will start from Shroud, so there could be a competition for Nassau from the beginning. I don't know if this is really an advantage - depends on the player numbers i suppose.

Keep in mind that all the first PBs will be shallow, as no one can man a 4th rate for a while.  This will affect tactics and nations who do not have a shallow neutral port nearby will be at a disadvantage.

1 minute ago, Bragan Benigaris said:

But that's more a problem with the availability of hostility missions from freeports - everybody can bypass the frontline mechanics with it. It's not only the impossible nations, best example: GB and Central America

Give Prussia a Capitol there.

The idea that you can put a difficulty on a player-owned faction is a joke. Why do the devs think they know such an outcome? Russia, the impossible nation has swept the map in a day or two while US, a nation listed as easy mode didn't get one. You can go ahead and remove those listings, because whatever deduction you made to build that assumption is wrong and it only took about a day's server time to prove it. Oh and I can cite many sources that say pirates were not a nation. We need real pirates not pirates of the Caribbean

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Complete-Disaster said:

really impossible nationsare unplayable for a week?

they will be playable but can't RvR against npc, shroud will be a really populated place, probably the best one for PvP.

build a fleet with which raise hostility and try to cap a port will be easy with the medal earned.

build an OP in every freetown and start hostility from everywhere will also give unpredictability, a huge advantage.

so impossible nation will be playable at all but must be the harder so can't fight npc in PB, i think is easy and fair.

Edited by SantaRoja

1 minute ago, SantaRoja said:

they will be playable but can't RvR, shroud will be a really populated place, probably the best one for PvP.

build a fleet with which raise hostility and try to cap a port will be easy with the medal earned.

build an OP in every freetown and start hostility from everywhere will also give unpredictability, a huge advantage.

so impossible nation will be playable at all but must be the harder so can't fight npc in PB, i think is easy and fair.

what if no nation takes the ports close to a free town then,  will impossible nations just have to wait ?

54 minutes ago, Rune said:

what if no nation takes the ports close to a free town then,  will impossible nations just have to wait ?

are you serius?

we are talking about Nassau,Santo Domingo,Cap-Francais,Cartagena, etc...

these ports are attractive now during the test so after the game release everyone will fight for them.