Game-Labs Forum

Freetowns, missions, Impossible nation , port bonus

- Freetown should not give Hostility Mission cause they will ignore all the new Frontlines mechanic giving to Russian,Prussian,Poland players too many advantages choosing their favourite Freetowns to take fast the best port of server (shroud-nassau, la tortue - cap francis, la mona- santo domingo and san juan) while Regular nations player are still fixed in their capital far away from those ports.

Impossible Nation must be a 2nd choice after a period of 30 days  in a regular nation...

''how can i switch to Impossible Nation after 30 days if Free Towns can't drop Hostility Missions?'' - when you change to Impossible Nation you will find on the map 3 RANDOM Hostility Mission already set.  do you organize your nation change at Aves? you can find 3 Hostility Mission at Sisal or Philippsburg etc etc...you must do it. stop.

if you switch to Impossible Mission you are supposed to be:  - Skilled player - full of resources - full of money - full of ships - full of organization  so you are perfectly able to survive this new Impossible Nations difficulties, otherwise you should stay national.

- Frontlines Mechanic it's good but too easy: in 3 days the map is already capped again, too fast, too easy.  Anolytic suggestion is good but can be improved more 

he is proposing to cap Capital and regional port before being able to attack the next region but i think it's still to fast cause we start all VS neutral ports and once you cap the capital, in 1 day you can take all regional port jumping on the 2nd day to the next County, again capping all the map in few days.

''- taking the example of La Mona, just to talk about the frontlines progression, you can take hostility only for Higuey...from Higuey you can take hostility for Macao or El Soco (choosing the county you want to invade,Domingo OR Plata), from El Soco to Domingo and so on. after you cap Capital, you must cap all region ports to unlock the points of that 25BR capital. so , for example, you capped Higuey (10 points), El soco (10 points) , Santo Domingo (5 point) and you have now only 25 points of 55 of Santo Domingo. if you want all the points, you must cap all the region ports.

IF, a big IF , the next capital port is already national (Les Cayes is GB while you are capping the last Santo Domingo port, Barahona) you cannot go on capping the first port of next region, Sale-Trou in this case, but you have to use your mechanic so you must cap Les Cayes first and then cap all region to go to next County capital (Santo Domingo or Port au Prince)''

- lower the port bonus, they are too high and too unbalancing. especially cause they can all be upgraded in 55 points ports that are too few and too concentrated in the middle of Map (Santiago, Santo Domingo, San Juan, Nassau ...then there is Vera Cruz , Nouvelle Orleans all on the left side of map and nothing to the rigth side of swedish, french , Verenidge.). i am for removing 25k BR port with their 55 point and setting all port to the max of 20k BR and 25 port-points max...you have to choose what upgrade invest and fill remaining with perma-upgrades.

IF NOT, raise the number of 55 points port splitting Santo Domingo and San Juan.    they should be , only if you remove missions from FreeTowns, Nouvelle orleans , Vera cruz , Omoa, Portobelo, Santa Marta, Pampatar, Basse - terre , san Juan, Santiago de Cuba, Pinar del rio,  Nassau - if you don't remove missions from Freetowns, remove Santo Domingo from 55 points ports.

- put a player number cap on nation.  we are now, once again, in the situation where 2 nation have most of player of server becoming unbeatable by other players due to numbers and skill. recently many palyers switched Russian from many nation, france, pirate, prussian, spain....forming up a too powerfull team that will ruin gameplay of all server and no one can also prevent all of us joining Russian or GB unbalancing even more the server.

so the solution: when someone want to change nation, the only nation he can join have to be from the 2nd largest to go down. devs can collect server info so it will be easy to code. and will solve a low population situation and a high population (we hope) situation.

this will protect the new palyer base when it will come, from being demoralized due too many attack while trying to develop (they will still be capital-camped but not alny by a single numerous nation...many raiders that can attack each others if they want)

• Like 1

thats not working and its not fair. polish, russian and prussian nation can lose all ports. thats hart enough.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Frontlines gameplay should mean the end of Impossible Nations.  Just give them a capitol

if they have a capital, they will be a regular nation.  impossible nation must be very hard

15 minutes ago, El Patron said:

thats not working and its not fair. polish, russian and prussian nation can lose all ports. thats hart enough.

they have to take it first. and if they start where they want is too easy capping one...no one can stop them

1. If i have a friend that buys the game to play with me in an impossible nation. he should not be forced to play other nations for 30 days.

2. Impossible Nations, wipe them off the map and no more complaints, you have the players. just cordinate and orginize. how hard can it be?

3. it dosent matter where impossible nation starts. someone if going to be offended one way or another.

• Like 1

1. a friend buy this game to play the game, not to have a flag of a nation. btw, you too have to play in a regural nation as it was before Impossible Nation introduction ( call your ''friend'' with his name...ALT)

2. they shouldn't be introduced indeed... but they are, and now they have too many advantage with frontlines.  which regular nation can stop you from shroud cay to Nassau? Pirates? nope...they are 2 county far from shroud, 3 from Nassu...and they are the closest.

3. it matters, where you start determine what you cap. and all interesting port are 1 county from Freetowns

5 minutes ago, Complete-Disaster said:

2. Impossible Nations, wipe them off the map and no more complaints, you have the players. just cordinate and orginize. how hard can it be?

How can you wipe impossible nations off the map when you have freetowns? All you can do is push them back to the freetowns till they recuperate and capture a port again. The only thing they lose by being ported back to freetowns is access to admiralty and not being able to get better chance of higher quality crafted ships.

1 minute ago, huliotkd said:

1. a friend buy this game to play the game, not to have a flag of a nation. btw, you too have to play in a regural nation as it was before Impossible Nation introduction ( call your ''friend'' with his name...ALT)

2. they shouldn't be introduced indeed... but they are, and now they have too many advantage with frontlines.  which regular nation can stop you from shroud cay to Nassau? Pirates? nope...they are 2 county far from shroud, 3 from Nassu...and they are the closest.

3. it matters, where you start determine what you cap. and all interesting port are 1 county from Freetowns

1. a friend buy a game to play together with a friend. not against

2. brits spain etc. have more advantage. they can cap ports from kpr la habana etc. and from free ports

43 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

- Freetown should not give Hostility Mission cause they will ignore all the new Frontlines mechanic giving to Russian,Prussian,Poland players too many advantages choosing their favourite Freetowns to take fast the best port of server (shroud-nassau, la tortue - cap francis, la mona- santo domingo and san juan) while Regular nations player are still fixed in their capital far away from those ports.

What makes you think regular nations are "fixed in their capital".  They can operate out of Free Towns too.  Most of my outposts are at Free Towns.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Archaos said:

How can you wipe impossible nations off the map when you have freetowns? All you can do is push them back to the freetowns till they recuperate and capture a port again. The only thing they lose by being ported back to freetowns is access to admiralty and not being able to get better chance of higher quality crafted ships.

its not like other nations dont have acces to freeports ether. sounds like alot of salt. lets kill a nation. make them quit game. sit and complain in the reviews."bad game no pvp". great idea.

if impossible nations wont be able to craft ships, i guess we are back to alts in other nations crafting ships. good plan

Just now, Barbancourt said:

What makes you think regular nations are "fixed in their capital".  They can operate out of Free Towns too.  Most of my outposts are at Free Towns.

That is correct and it is what makes a mockery of the whole "Frontlines" concept.  Freetowns should not drop hostility, because it allows anybody to bypass the front lines.  The so called Impossible nations should now have capitols and all nations should be spread across the map so that a front line can develop for each of them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

1. play the game how you want its not a destiny set MMORPG.

2. ez fix. Gb nation for ex spawn with KPR and nassau in the outpost selection. and other nation with their capitals and nassau, now after wipe everyone can go for nassau PB in basic cutters.

3. so every nation have equal chance of getting a 25k port.

Maybe only Shroud should allow hostility missions for impossible nations only.  Or have an option, once you chose impossible nations to be able to later select, only once, which free town you want to base out of and then you can only pick hostility missions from there until you cap a port. 

7 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

That is correct and it is what makes a mockery of the whole "Frontlines" concept.  Freetowns should not drop hostility, because it allows anybody to bypass the front lines.  The so called Impossible nations should now have capitols and all nations should be spread across the map so that a front line can develop for each of them.

After a quick look at the map....new national capitols in Panama, Yucatan and New Orleans.  Kinda makes GB a target in the middle of it all, but they usually have the most players.  Maybe force HAVOC to stay there!

you are looking at situation as it is now.

after Release, last wipe, we will start again in basic cutter from our capital...if Nassau is neutral i can start as Russian, choose Shroud Cay, redeem a ship, and go for hostility at Nassau and no one can stop me. if i am a player of a regular nation i still have to sail from my capital (KPR?Mortimer Town?) to Shroud Cay, take hostility, and finish before you have finished...

i have lost from the beginning

same for Santo Domingo...who can stop you from La Mona?

1 minute ago, huliotkd said:

after Release, last wipe, we will start again in basic cutter from our capital...if Nassau is neutral i can start as Russian, choose Shroud Cay, redeem a ship, and go for hostility at Nassau and no one can stop me. if i am a player of a regular nation i still have to sail from my capital (KPR?Mortimer Town?) to Shroud Cay, take hostility, and finish before you have finished...

danish and swedes are near la mona.

for pirates spain und brits is shroud cay not far away.

i cant understand your problem

21 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

they must reach freetowns...remember that after release we will start again in basica cutter from our capital (regular nation), not from freetowns (impossible nation)

6 minutes ago, El Patron said:

danish and swedes are near la mona.

for pirates spain und brits is shroud cay not far away.

i cant understand your problem

you don't want to understand the problem, but you understood it very well.

NEAR La Mona doesn't mean INSIDE La Mona...regular nation start NEAR , Impossible nations start INSIDE...it's a really big difference

2 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

if you have acces to shroud cay from day one after reset in your port selection. you can go for nassau as fast as russians. ether in basic cutters or in a redemable ship after 2hours tutorial.

other nations can sail fast to la mona and set battle for santo domingo if they feel they want it. and after a week you can come and set a PB aswell with gb nation if you feel your in need of santo doming. ez

so who can stop impossible nation from la mona? ask your enemy nation to help stop the evil russians ❤️

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Complete-Disaster said:

if you have acces to shroud cay from day one after reset in your port selection. you can go for nassau as fast as russians. ether in basic cutters or in a redemable ship after 2hours tutorial.

if we have access to Shroud Cay and freeports in generale, what is the difference from a regular nation and an Impossible nation? what's the sense of a regular nation capital?

Just now, huliotkd said:

if we have access to Shroud Cay and freeports in generale, what is the difference from a regular nation and an Impossible nation? what's the sense of a regular nation capital?

a safe heaven to trade, do pve. sell ships. have a secure clan wh that can never be taken away

• Like 1