Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 31: Port investments, new hostility and preparation for release

1 minute ago, Capitalism said:

Yeah, but why would you do that when you can buy 10 alts?  :ducks: ;) 

you would need 10 alts with lvl1 iron mine to match the output of a lvl 2 mine

2 hours ago, Routan said:

Why should they not have some content. Some goals to work for. Sounds like to many war server ppl are affraid that the peace serve will be a better place to be.

Bingo.

3 hours ago, Oli Garchy said:

Have you looked at the shipyard yet?  3 million reals and 50k doubloons for a level 3 shipyard.

they need to pump up the reals from battle or something.  I hardly get enough to pay my repairs (which is normally half the cost of my mission rewards).  Not every one wants to do delivery missions to make money.

• Like 1

Yes, I noticed the price of a Shipyard skyrocketed after last night's update.  I now need to do some hard grafting as a delivery boy to amass the required Reals and Doubloons despite having, what would have been previously, a modestly healthy bank balance.  PvE or PvP just ain't going to be efficient enough!

2 hours ago, Admiral Isy said:

As a new player I've just been locked out of crafting. Was this intended?

You are not the new player. Your understanding in royal chartered companies show that you know that mines and industry was very expensive 

On 7/20/2016 at 4:27 AM, Admiral Isy said:

Perhaps it's inappropriate for the 'theme lore' Naval Action is trying to adopt, but here's a suggestion:

Company.

As in the British East India Company which, according to Wikipedia "received a Royal Charter from Queen Elizabeth on 31 December 1600https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_India_Company

Or the Virginia Company that was a combination of the London Company and Plymouth Company chartered on 10 April 1606 by James I. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Company

While historically accurate, this may not reflect the "role" that Naval Action developers want their customers to play. What do you think?

This dramatic increase of prices for buildings, mines and other plantations is not only pushing out of the game independent players and small clans (😂we all know that we do not need them😂), it is once again transforming this game in a second job, even less funny and immersive than the one I have irl.

When will we get a fun providing patch? As per today, for playing Naval Action, I am obliged to hire a Commercial Manager and two assistants. 

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

This dramatic increase of prices for buildings, mines and other plantations is not only pushing out of the game independent players and small clans (😂we all know that we do not need them😂), it is once again transforming this game in a second job, even less funny and immersive than the one I have irl.

When will we get a fun providing patch? As per today, for playing Naval Action, I am obliged to hire a Commercial Manager and two assistants. 

Overall income situation is getting rebalanced as well and will be deployed next week. But in general it was not ok when a lvl 3 shipyard allowing building of carriers of that time (1st rates) could be built after just doing 2-3 delivery missions (90000 reals cost). 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

This dramatic increase of prices for buildings, mines and other plantations is not only pushing out of the game independent players and small clans (we all know that we do not need them), it is onxe again transforming this game in a second job, less funny and immersive than the one I have irl.

When will we get a fun providing patch? As per today, for playing Naval Action, I'll be obliged to hire a Commercial Manager and two assistants. 

Even for big clan the price is totally hello kitty up! 

If 5 mine need to open inside the clan is more than 5 millions that we need it’s no more a  affordable price!!!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, admin said:

Overall income situation is getting rebalanced as well and will be deployed next week. But in general it was not ok when a lvl 3 shipyard allowing building of carriers of that time (1st rates) could be built after just doing 2-3 delivery missions (90000 reals cost). 

i agree, that people expect to be able to craft the highest tiered ships in 1 day of playing doesent make sense. Headquarters and main base is a thing when what you own there is actually expensive

Again something that enforce the notion of joining the most populated nations to have a chance to get everything faster (if not simply getting it at all).

I understand this can be required to prevent everyone sailing in 1st rate after 2 weeks after release, but as long as ressources production is only limited by population number, nothing will prevent the whole server to join efforts in one faction and get 1st rates after 1 week.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, admin said:

For me it a not the cost of reals it’s the doubloons is kinda getting high all over the place.  Pay outs for missions/AI kills isn’t very high in reals either.  To remain profitable you have to run delivery missions.  Killing a first rate should give me more than10k reals.  I haven’t seen a good drop from a sol AI in ages they still reward basic mods and RNG haven’t dropped one  doubloons in two weeks.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, admin said:

Sure, time to lock even more of the core feature of this game (= battles) behind ecogrind, non-responsive open world HUB sailing, and moving around icons in port windows. I thougt this game wasnt clicker heroes...?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, admin said:

10 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

I understand this can be required to prevent everyone sailing in 1st rate after 2 weeks after release, but as long as ressources production is only limited in population number, nothing will prevent the whole server to join efforts in one faction and get 1st rates after 1 week.

Another limitation on sailing a 1st rate is crew size.  Add to that the VM requirements and it will be some time before any of us are in 1st rates.   A cooperative approach will always be faster that the solo life, but that is what we sign up for when we choose to play in a smaller grouping.  I think we have to wait until ALL of the changes are in place before we rage at individual items

• Like 1

biggest problem is that i cant get enough money with battles anymore

10 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Show me one of the major clans which rejected help of smaller clans, if they had skilled or at least active player who wanted to learn. Major clans didn't get their position because they are so arrogant but because they know how to organize alliances to be stronger together.

Don't complain about major clans. Copy them. Then you will succeed as well.

In your borderless closemindness you forgot that there're also small nations.

That exist only with the magnificed and kind approval of the alphadog having ZERO chances not to create a base on their own... but to defend it.

I pointed out BR and Capitol-centered frontline (...) problems for them. But granted you're now on the winning side you dont see the problem. Because it's not yours.

PS: I remember an equation like FENIX=GANK in a closed topic.

Granted the ethimology of gank there's an error.
Probably misstyped I suppose: it's RUSSIA=GANK. For sure in PZ. Still even if outnumbered we kick the bears.

It's difficult being the gankers being outnumbered and outBRed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Patron said:

biggest problem is that i cant get enough money with battles anymore

On average I get about enough money that half of it goes to paying my repairs when I pop back into port.  While I can run a little delivery mission and make 20-100k a trip and some Tim’s get 1k doubloons.  I only been killing hostility and open world ships lately but feel the real reward is way to low compared to delivery missions. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Have you looked at the shipyard yet?  3 million reals and 50k doubloons for a level 3 shipyard.

they need to pump up the reals from battle or something.  I hardly get enough to pay my repairs (which is normally half the cost of my mission rewards).  Not every one wants to do delivery missions to make money.

Real problem with this move without another reset it's award the strongest and richest teams: because they already built they production infrastructure with lowered prices... and the less strong and rich will have now to built up theirs with higher prices.

Honestly Devs should take into account this mechanics: changes (like prices, building, ship bonuses, PB BRs...) should always be made to hurt the least possible weaker sides and to hurt mainly stronger ones. Not the contrary: it could be killing for playerbase... favouring moreover zerg over skill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Real problem with this move without another reset it's award the strongest and richest teams: because they already built they production infrastructure with lowered prices... and the less strong and rich will have now to built up theirs with higher prices.

Honestly Devs should take into account this mechanics: changes (like prices, building, ship bonuses, PB BRs...) should always be made to hurt the least possible weaker sides and to hurt mainly stronger ones. Not the contrary: it could be killing for playerbase... favouring moreover zerg over skill.

My assumption is that they are making changes as we go in this period before the wipe and not concerning themselves with how it affects playability in this period.  I can understand that as the options are to turn off the game or hold off on all changes until they can do them all at once.  Problems with both of those choices.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

On average I get about enough money that half of it goes to paying my repairs when I pop back into port.  While I can run a little delivery mission and make 20-100k a trip and some Tim’s get 1k doubloons.  I only been killing hostility and open world ships lately but feel the real reward is way to low compared to delivery missions. 

I personally would prefer to just live off of the income I get from hunting, but I fear that if I want to do my own crafting, i'm gonna have to trade.  I do get some enjoyment out of bringing in a big cargo, but I feel like we have lost that because the missions are far more easy and lucrative.  I was much happier when I could bring in two Indiamen and triple my money (or lose it!).

• Like 1