Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 31: Port investments, new hostility and preparation for release

15 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

the number of CM's awarded does not make up the difference in production

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm pretty sure the devs originally said the mission rewards would be increased to compensate, but that doesn't seem to have happened yet.

• Like 2

Dear Devs

You had a good idea as you released Patch 31. The thing with the frontlines, with port invests and so on  had in my opinion high potential to get a game with many exciting aspects.

Yes, you wrote that there will be bugs and problems, this is normal in complex coding,  

But it's very sad to see that you only shrug about the abuse of hostility missions. It seems that it doesn't matter if some players abuse the mechanics. 

Sure, you wrote that you hotfix this as soon as possible, but you accept this abuse of the mechanics. 

You didn't even wrote a clear statement that "trading" hostility missions is against the rules - but you know that this will destroy your own concept and its a slap in the face of the fair playing guys.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

This is starting to hurt.  We used to get CM's for individual kills and also for completion of the PVP mission.  Now it's only for the mission, but the number of CM's awarded does not make up the difference in production.  For instance, an individual 4th/5th rate kill was 3-4 CM's.  Need 10 for completion of 4th/5th PVP mission which awarded another 10 CM's.  That's 40-50 CM's.  Now 4th/5th PVP mission awards 26 CM's.  6th/7th rate is the same.  Used to be 2CM for each 6th rate kill plus 10 for the mission.

And I have at least 5 kills not recorded even in PVP hunt mission.
And missions keep giving previous same amount of medals.

So double hurting.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 11:07 AM, no one said:

"This is a group feature. Solo players must find a group of friends to use it or join a clan."

So now that you killed any hope in making the pvp server interesting to play and it seems that you are interested to release the game in a few months i ask this:

a) There are any hopes to see the return of Naval action legends? Many players including me would like to have a game just to have battles against other ships in a similar way like wows. Epic battles all day using the best features that the NA team gave us in the last years. The combat system, the ships and the graphics. No more bullshit time wasted sailing in the OW , no more handicap to solo players, nothing. Just a simple combat game like wows for players having fun in epic battles.

b) Could you consider in making the pve server more interesting to play?

- Solo pvp patrol zones where is allowed to fight other players.

- Epic port battles against AI for all players.

- AI agression when sailing close to enemy ports to give more exciting when doing trade runs or delivery missions.

I just have to point something out: Your first two sentences seem like a gripe that an MMO requires you to play as a team.
In actuality NA is very soloable. It has more content for solo players than other games that require team play. I've played EVE since 2007 and find NA to be quite enjoyable because I can solo play.

Now I'm can't stop here.

"b) Could you consider in making the pve server more interesting to play?"

You want the handholding of the PvE server, but you desire the dynamic content of the PvP server. Would you make up your mind? Decisions in life come with drawbacks and trade offs. You can have have anything, but not everything.

Hello

Port investment is just one more stupidity from Dev.

Once every nation will have develop all their port upgrade (very soon) every player belonging to big clan or friend's will have the same ship (but better than now).

So it's a useless draw...

Not exactly because another time you throw casual or solo out of the game....Sure you have such a player amount that you can do this (your objective is 50 player's that's right ?).

Why not to give this bonus to individual's crafter  (as experience reward ) crafter will find by this a way to earn their life in this open world....

Cheer's  

Hello

another problem from your investment.

The game is not balanced.

You have decided to do nothing and today the English have + half of the map.

Not that they are good but are numerous.

the big nations have access to a maximum of victory marks and can invest in many ports, which is not the case for others.

A big nation attacking a small one can destroy it like today but the reconquest for the little one will be done with ridiculous boats so almost impossible.

the game is unbalanced and your system squeezes it even more ... Too bad it's a good idea but again realized without thinking ....

22 minutes ago, John Hill Regard said:

Hello

another problem from your investment.

The game is not balanced.

the big nations have access to a maximum of victory marks and can invest in many ports, which is not the case for others.

A big nation attacking a small one can destroy it like today but the reconquest for the little one will be done with ridiculous boats so almost impossible.

the game is unbalanced and your system squeezes it even more ... Too bad it's a good idea but again realized without thinking ....

BF354330-D69F-4701-AF6F-A34942FB452E.jpeg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, John Hill Regard said:

• Total number of ports on the map: 378
  • Total number of capturable ports on the mp: 378 - 48 = 330
  • Number of British uncapturable ports: 7
  • Number of ports GB currently owns: 87
  • Number of capturable ports GB currently owns: 80

80 divided by 330 is no longer 0.24 but now bigger than 0.5.

Hear ye, hear ye! Basic arithmetic soon to be obsolete! Numbers shall be arbitrary from this day forth!

Sorry, couln't help myself there... :D

Edited by Tom Farseer
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, John Hill Regard said:

They don’t have access to 25’000 Br port 

so not a real problem

So what was the update that was pushed this morning, have not seen any updated notes in regards to it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I for one really like the port investments. Finally gives a bit of character to owning ports.

The problem is the potential gap between those at this point.

And the others: IF and WHEN (so after losing how many ships) they will get somewhere close to that level.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:
  • Total number of ports on the map: 378
  • Total number of capturable ports on the mp: 378 - 48 = 330
  • Number of British uncapturable ports: 7
  • Number of ports GB currently owns: 87
  • Number of capturable ports GB currently owns: 80

80 divided by 330 is no longer 0.24 but now bigger than 0.5.

Hear ye, hear ye! Basic arithmetic soon to be obsolete! Numbers shall be arbitrary from this day forth!

Sorry, couln't help myself there... :D

Ah, but can they pay for the timers to that 50% of the map?

Edited by Angus MacDuff

1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

You can now make rare wood forests.

Thank God.

Wow, was that today's patch??  Amazing if everyone can do it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

You can now make rare wood forests.

Thank God.

WTF I just move out 30’000 teak log for Bridgetown to New Orléans !!! 😤

Some ports are very tasty.

Unfortunately, I can't visit all the ports because my navigation officer is drunk.

Some information may be missing or outdated. :D

Port\Bonus Gunnery
Bonus
Mast and Rig
Bonus
Hull
Bonus
Sailing
Bonus
Crew
Bonus
Cap-Français 4 4 4 4 1