Game-Labs Forum

PC Build - Ryzen 5 2600X RX 580 8GB ~ Gameplay & Streaming

Marquês do Bonfim

Anyone here playing Naval Action using a Ryzen 5 2600X + RX 580 8GB that could share a video~gameplay or streaming test so I can see how it performs? FPS wise & graphics.

Ryzen 7 1800X

Ryzen 7 1700

Ryzen 5 1600

Ryzen 5 1600X

Ryzen 5 2400G

I'm thinking about getting a Ryzen 5 2600X RX 580 8GB build soon enough, but I can't manage to find any gameplay of Naval Action currently using this type of pc build, one of the reasons why I'm creating this thread. I don't know if this is the right place to ask for this, if not, admin could you kindly move the thread to the correct location, please?

Edited by Portuguese Privateer

I run the game on an i5-4670 and an RX580 8GB GPU, seeing as my CPU is quite a bit older you should be more than fine. The game runs in 1080p on mostly high settings (can add setting screen at a later time) on about 70-80 fps. For large fleet battles (20v20 or more) I tend to lower a few settings like shadow quality, as the framerate will otherwise drop to around 20 fps.
Being used (and sensitised) to higher framerates I try to keep it above at least 45. Any more than 60 is not really needed as the game's overall movement is relatively slow, so input lag due to frame times within those ranges is not of importance...

Edited by Tom Farseer

I have no idea about streaming and AMD, but given that i can play with a resolution of 1920x1200 on medium settings with 60fps+ (limited to 30 because of noise tho) on my 11 year old pc, im pretty sure you can run this game on allmost anything ;D

• Like 1

I've been running NA on an AMD system (Ryzen 1600x + RX580 4Gb + 16Gb RAM + SSD) for a while with hardly any issue. Never tried streaming, but tried recording using relive and all went well (haven't noticed much lag in the process). 

2600x + RX580 8Gb is certainly a solid combo. If you are aiming at gaming/streaming at 1440p res, I would suggest considering Vega 56 (more future proof). 

P.S. I am on 1080p and been using high-ish settings.

Edited by Stilgar

First thing you need to know when upgrading is what Resolution and Frame Rate you want to run. Your build will have no issues with 1080p 60hz but might struggle at the 1440p 144hz in naval action.

With the Ryzen processors you are really dependent on your ram clock speed. With the 2600x or 2700x you really don't want ram with less than 3000mhz. Rx580 is a great budget card. 

Overclocked they should be able to shred NA in normal circumstances. Port battles are another issue.

My current setup is 

Ryzen 7 2700X overclocked to 4.0 

16gb DDR4 3000mhz 

GTX 1070. 

This has no issues what so ever running naval action even in the larger battles. 

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan

3 hours ago, Intrepido said:

My experience with AMD products has taught me that I must avoid them.

AMD makes great cpus for much cheaper than intel. And the AM4 is now the standard so upgrading means you don't have to buy a new motherboard. 

The one caveat is that AMD are very dependent on your ram speed if you're trying to max out performance. 

I don't really care for 1440p, I'll usually play at 1080p 60hz or might upgrade my monitor to 144hz in the future. But I don't mind 1440p, 'cause 1080p is definetly okay for me. 

I've been a NVIDIA guy all my life, and I don't have the budget right now to afford a good intel + nvidia build right now, that's why AMD is looking mighty attractive to me right now. I've been researching framerate differencies, how it performs compared to the 1060, 1660, 1070 and other graphics cards from nvidia, Ryzen also has been compared to few great intel CPUs so far, so yeah, it's a good cpu all around, that's why I'm considering turning-coat.

I'm currently sitting at a build like this;

AMD RYZEN 5 2600X 3.6GHZ (4.25GHZ TURBO), 6-CORE 12-THREAD, COOLER WRAITH SPIRE, AM4, YD260XBCAFBOX

POWERCOLOR RADEON RX 580 RED DEVIL, 8GB GDDR5, 256BIT, AXRX 580 8GBD5-3DH/OC

GIGABYTE B450M GAMING, DDR4, AM4 Motherboard

DDR4 XPG GAMMIX D10, 8GB 2400MHZ, AX4U240038G16-SRG 2x8GB (16GB) RAM

SSD SANDISK PLUS SDSSDA-120G-G27 120GB SATA III LEITURA: 530MB/S E GRAVAÇÕES: 400MB/S

I already have a 1TB HDD on my currently setup, plus my power supply is enough for it aswell. That setup is currently sitting at a price of R$4.200,00 reais (Brazil). Intel + NVIDIA sits around the R$5.000,00 and above in my country, unless I go with older builds, in which case it goes toe to toe with the AMD build.

I also don't mind putting a GTX 1060 6gb in that build if the RX 580 doesn't satisfy me enough.

• Like 1

Well there is some misconceptions here and some outright wrong information here, so il go a head and clear some stuff up. 

7 hours ago, Intrepido said:

My experience with AMD products has taught me that I must avoid them.

How so? AMD CPUs right now are extremely solid providing excellent core count for your money, single performance isnt up there with intel right now, but zen2 is promesing. GPU front is disappointing in the high end, but rx 570 and 580 still provide excellent value.

6 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Nvidia has also much better driver support.

As someone that has used AMD until lrecently and am currently on a gtx 1070ti, at the moment, on windows, they are about equal (with AMD with the way nicer UI), on linux, AMD is the clear winner atm.

1 hour ago, Portuguese Privateer said:

AMD RYZEN 5 2600X 3.6GHZ (4.25GHZ TURBO), 6-CORE 12-THREAD, COOLER WRAITH SPIRE, AM4, YD260XBCAFBOX

POWERCOLOR RADEON RX 580 RED DEVIL, 8GB GDDR5, 256BIT, AXRX 580 8GBD5-3DH/OC

GIGABYTE B450M GAMING, DDR4, AM4 Motherboard

DDR4 XPG GAMMIX D10, 8GB 2400MHZ, AX4U240038G16-SRG 2x8GB (16GB) RAM

SSD SANDISK PLUS SDSSDA-120G-G27 120GB SATA III LEITURA: 530MB/S E GRAVAÇÕES: 400MB/S

Id reccoment getting a crucial mx500 for SSD, the sandisk SSD is only good if you can afford literally nothing else, it suffers greatly from only being 120GB (your specific model) and it is also a DRAM less model, not great. the crucial mx500 is the best all around SSD available right now. In terms of memory, as others have said, aim for at least 3000MHz (regardless of intel or AMD, ram speed is about equaly important for both, with it being a bit more important on ryzen)

also, id highly reccomend at least an 8 core for recording and streaming, the 1700 or the 2700 are great options. This is coming from a guy ATM recording with a 1700.

1 hour ago, springby said:

asrock is an asus branch, they use to be crap, but in recent years i must say they have impressed me several times. i never really been a fan of gigabyte tbh.

https://www.techspot.com/bestof/amd-b450-motherboards/

of course you also have the dimensions and the design of your case to worry about

@admin i wonder what hardware devs is using for the development of the game, intel/nvidia or AMD? do u know? :)

Asrock hasnt been an asus branch in a long time

9 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Intel is always more expensive, there is no doubt about that. AMD has been most of the time behind Intel, there must be a reason for that.

Nvidia gets far more constant driver updates for the games than AMD. Im not talking about nice UI, I dont give a shit about that. I had played with both cards and the performance of Nvidia has been always more satisfying.

If you look at price/performance, AMD is totally dominating right now, and there has been multiple times that AMD is ahead... dont make assumptions just because intel is ahead most of the time, amd is just bad, because news flash, thats not how this works. Look at the individual parts and decide on that, dont go by "its from x company thus it must be bad", thats just blind fan boyism which is bad for everyone.

Also, i have also played with both and really, the drivers are just as good... the performance on the top end for nvidia is better yes, but mid range? amd provides better value ATM

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2019 at 10:00 AM, Intrepido said:

Nvidia has also much better driver support.

I tend to disagree.  Updating more often (nVidia) doesn't translate directly to being better.  Only translates to closer intervals.  And quite frankly I actually prefer to update fewer times once a GPU driver is stable.  I have used both AMD and nVidia a lot and I actually prefer AMD support in today's world.  And as OlavDeng said the UI is sweeter.

On 4/23/2019 at 4:01 PM, OlavDeng2 said:

...How so? AMD CPUs right now are extremely solid providing excellent core count for your money, single performance isnt up there with intel right now, but zen2 is promesing. GPU front is disappointing in the high end, but rx 570 and 580 still provide excellent value.

As someone that has used AMD until lrecently and am currently on a gtx 1070ti, at the moment, on windows, they are about equal (with AMD with the way nicer UI), on linux, AMD is the clear winner atm.

Both have solid offerings on the market and continue to do so.  Intel has always been traditionally higher cost.  More research.  My only reservation with AMD chips is all the reported overclocking deficiency problems with RAM with their chips.  Noted I said reported, personal experience obviously varies.  However, I've never encountered a problem with any Intel chip, especially with any of their extreme CPU offerings.  Cost is too high, but they are solid performing and reliable.

Edited by Papillon

On 4/23/2019 at 9:03 PM, Portuguese Privateer said:

don't mind putting a GTX 1060 6gb in that build if the RX 580 doesn't satisfy me enough.

Will be a big mistake as both cards have similiar performance, at least 1070 or Vega 56 seems worthy upgrade over rx 580.

I have i5 4690k, Rx 580 which is undervolted and underclocked (1300 mhz instead of 1366 with 1.000 volt instead of 1.150 :) giving me 90 fps in mediorce crowded battles, which I even limit framerate to 60. I did a port battle with same settings frame limiter off, 30 ships in battle at bluefields, I got minimum 72 fps and maximum 90 fps, which I think is very good.

My gpu with undervolting consumes around 88 watts instead of 130 watts, runs 10 degrees cooler with little fan noise, my settings 1080p with most settings very high in Naval Action. 

I find rx 580 and freesync to be very good team :)

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, AeRoTR said:

Will be a big mistake as both cards have similiar performance, at least 1070 or Vega 56 seems worthy upgrade over rx 580.

I have i5 4690k, Rx 580 which is undervolted and underclocked (1300 mhz instead of 1366 with 1.000 volt instead of 1.150 :) giving me 90 fps in mediorce crowded battles, which I even limit framerate to 60. I did a port battle with same settings frame limiter off, 30 ships in battle at bluefields, I got minimum 72 fps and maximum 90 fps, which I think is very good.

My gpu with undervolting consumes around 88 watts instead of 130 watts, runs 10 degrees cooler with little fan noise, my settings 1080p with most settings very high in Naval Action. 

I find rx 580 and freesync to be very good team :)

This is very good news for me since I am about to start a build with a RX580 (8gb)! This will be with a Ryzen 5 2600 like the OP. My current potato rig is lucky to get 25 FPS in small battles lol. 

• 1 month later...

if anyone using a ryzen + rx580 build ever record/stream Naval Action, could you please leave a link to the video for me? I would really appreciate to see how that build would perform in Naval Action. Doesn't matter if you have a i5~i7 + rx580, I would still like to see how the graphics video performs. I appreciate anyone that would show this to me and whoever is interested in building a AMD PC in the future, specially to see how it performs in Naval Action.

My advice would be to build a system for the resolution you plan to be playing on in the near future. 1080p is getting on and 21:9 ultrawides with higher refresh rates are gaining in popularity with more brands releasing new models. Not to mention VR in higher res are starting to be released if you are also interested in games suitable for VR.

Edited by Dan Morgan

@Portuguese Privateer
Which Resolution is your Target? I use a 2920x in Gamemode (6 Cores, 12 Threads like the 2600/X) and a Radeon VII with 3840x1080 (32:9, double FullHD) with 70 FPS on the highest Preset. My Card is round about 50% faster than a RX580, so you should reach 70 FPS with half the Pixels in FullHD.

If anyone's willing to share a video using this build, let me know, I would appreciate it.

1920x1080 Ultra Settings + MSAA + Reflection, everything full boost, then a custom setting to maximize fps, goal being more than 70 consistant in battle.

Ryzen 5 2600 + RX 580 8gb

Ryzen 7 2700 + RX 580 8gb

Ryzen 5 3600 + RX 5700 8gb

Ryzen 5 3600 + RX 5700xt 8gb

Ryzen 5 1700 + RX 580 8gb

Any intel + RX 580 would also work.