Game-Labs Forum

Are fake reviews a thing?

22 hours ago, Koveras said:

Up untill approx June/July 2017 the game received markedly postive reviews, and as I recall July '17 marked the introduction of fine woods, which we basically have again today with the 'rare' woods, we've tested it before and it didn't work then so why would it work now

Well, you're not wrong about this part.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 5:48 AM, --Privateer-- said:

Not necessarily, for example my steam name is Lord Admiral Privateer.

if i make a review it wont show my ingame name it will only show my steam name on the review so anyone and u cant really call it a fake review because someone went with privateer as their steam name, u dont own the rights to that name or word. so in regards to that review your post here hold no reason for a tribunal with game labs when its a steam name not a game name.

and the admins here cant really go after a player over their steam name when posting a review. 

Edited by Crimson Sunrise

On 4/20/2019 at 3:16 PM, --Privateer-- said:

Well, you're not wrong about this part.

Wasn't that right around the time admin requested positive reviews for the possible release of more ships? Pretty sure it was.

*Edit* I think it was July of '16 as reflected by the Steam reviews graph.

Edited by Ser_Slack

15 minutes ago, Ser_Slack said:

Wasn't that right around the time admin requested positive reviews for the possible release of more ships? Pretty sure it was.

*Edit* I think it was July of '16 as reflected by the Steam reviews graph.

requesting positive reviews by the players and offering a reason to do so is against steam's ToS for games on their site.