Game-Labs Forum

Are fake reviews a thing?

And yet the same people defend shite like this....     Hilarious.

If this kind of stuff doesn't prove to you that they have made the right decision taking out the trash, then I don't know what will.

Next thing I'm sure we'll start hearing about is doxxing "fan bois"...   

And I'm only half-kidding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liberalism said:

Only games that favor alts in games get review-bombed by alts

Perhaps eco sandboxes get more review bombed than single account games, i dunno, I haven't payed much attention to such games.

I do remember that around the time we were hit by the SORRY review bomb there was also a lot of blogging and discussion about a review bomb over at PUBG, so it seems single account games aren't safe either.

In the face of review bombing and reviews as a tool to get back at devs I am completely unashamed of my postive alt reviews. All this has taught me that negative reviews are the most unreliable and positive reviews with caveats are the most informative. In my opinion, of course.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

You comparing other fellow players to trash leaves me curious who's the truly toxic player here. 

Ummmmm, my guess would be the ones who actually do this type of stuff and get banned...

I get it that public shaming has gone out of style lately, but I'm an older man so I was raised with the ability to deal with it. 

7 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

And yet the same people defend shite like this....     Hilarious.

If this kind of stuff doesn't prove to you that they have made the right decision taking out the trash, then I don't know what will.

Next thing I'm sure we'll start hearing about is doxxing "fan bois"...   

And I'm only half-kidding.

They're the ones who let the trash accumulate in the first place. It all started when the developer left the game open to exploit, which was no surprise exploited, and for that people where banned. An entire clan lost their ranks actually for something caused by the developers. Instead of fixing it, they banned people. Think about that. This does not happen the the vast majority of games, most negative reviews are sincere grips from average players. You can't shake the beehive and blame the bees for stinging you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slim McSauce said:

An entire clan lost their ranks actually for something caused by the developers. Instead of fixing it, they banned people. Think about that.

I also remember the testing rules of "report exploits instead of using them. People who use exploits may have their progress reset." 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

They're the ones who let the trash accumulate in the first place. It all started when the developer left the game open to exploit, which was no surprise exploited, and for that people where banned. An entire clan lost their ranks actually for something caused by the developers. Instead of fixing it, they banned people. Think about that. This does not happen the the vast majority of games, most negative reviews are sincere grips from average players. You can't shake the beehive and blame the bees for stinging you. 

Again...  hilarious that people defend bad behaviour...  

In early access you're not "playing" the game.  You're "testing" it.  To find things that are broken.  And you are REQUIRED to report them.

An entire clan lost their ranks because they forgot this. 

Stop defending bad behaviour.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jodgi said:

I also remember the testing rules of "report exploits instead of using them. People who use exploits may have their progress reset." 

Doesn't negate the point. Developers are responsible for being on top of the player. Also I'm pretty sure the same incident happened more than once.

5 minutes ago, Koveras said:

And yet u feel no shame....

And yet I don't exploit, cheat or try and ascribe my whining to other players' names, so I have no need to feel shame...  A few times I feel like I have gone too far.  I have deleted and apologized.   It's what adults do.

When I disagree with the devs, I state so and explain why.  I dont expect them to cater to my whims and "fix" it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Again...  hilarious that people defend bad behaviour...  

In early access you're not "playing" the game.  You're "testing" it.  To find things that are broken.  And you are REQUIRED to report them.

An entire clan lost their ranks because they forgot this. 

Stop defending bad behaviour.

I'm not defending their behavior, I'm just not being blind to poor decisions on both sides. It's no mystery to me where the reviews come from, and I'm not going to say it's completely undeserved because review bombing usually happens for a reason, and that reason tends to revolve around the developers or publishers who did something to anger a large portion of their community. Not all but the majority of games (namely indie ) don't cultivate such an issue with their players.

Edited by Slim McSauce

35 minutes ago, Koveras said:

When ppl stated what they perceived was wrong with the game they were banned

Stop making assumptions and saying lies.

Discipline moderation is delivered by type of speech used, words. Not ideas.

How you say it gets you muted, not what you say.

Now stop spreading lies and try to follow the rules and you will NEVER EVER get warned let alone banned.

Consider this post a warning btw.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Stop making assumptions and saying lies.

Discipline moderation is delivered by type of speech used, words. Not ideas.

How you say it gets you muted, not what you say.

Now stop spreading lies and try to follow the rules and you will NEVER EVER get warned let alone banned.

Consider this post a warning btw.

I'd say the rules are more of, guide lines ;)

PS if you don't get the reference I'm sad

As for review bombs some people are childish and Petty and some have legit grievances 

5 hours ago, Koveras said:

I don't know if u can talk about a 'review' bomb, for the past 2 or 3 months the reviews has been steadily more negative and that's not exactly a bomb, that's a trend. The only possible explanation for more and more players reviewing the game negatively is because *drum roll* the game in its current iteration is not worthy of a positive review. Just because a majority feels the same doesn't make it a review bomb, and most of the alt reviewing most likely occured right after the broken promises and the mass-bannings.. I'd wager most of the banned players just straight up and left the game, which is most likely why so few are playing today. That and the game atm is unplayable, unenjoyable and not a lot of fun if you're not into the only content available - grinding.

The review bomb happened all in a 3 day span. the trend before the 3 days was neutral but closer to positive, and then after it....dunno. But all of these on March 31? 

Anyone who likes this game really needs to expose these asshats. Click on the reviews and give them thumbs down. Change those 14+ "helpful thumbs" to not helpful. If they weren't pussies by blocking comments on these BS copy paste reviews, people need to write something on them to counter it. 

BTW, these alt accounts recently changed names  AFTER I made a reddit post calling out these fake reviews that had fake random number/letter account names. Now that I have clicked on them all, it turns out they now have other player's names. Apparently I have already down voted their reviews, so these are from Banished and his friends like the pirates who moderate the Naval Action reddit....which by the way could be forcibly removed for using a trade marked or copyright name as this goes against reddit policy. In the comments on my review, notice how one rat mod thought to ban my post on reddit, LOL.

EDIT: I've posted this forum thread to my reddit post with a @--Privateer-- image. I've also noticed that my reddit posts have been thumbed down so much that my 42 karma is now only 28. lul

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

BTW, these alt accounts recently changed names  AFTER I made a reddit post calling out these fake reviews that had fake random number/letter account names. Now that I have clicked on them all, it turns out they now have other player's names. Apparently I have already down voted their reviews, so these are from Banished and his friends like the pirates who moderate the Naval Action reddit....which by the way could be forcibly removed for using a trade marked or copyright name as this goes against reddit policy. In the comments on my review, notice how one rat mod thought to ban my post on reddit, LOL.

Review manipulation is what got us here in the first place. I don't think you'll find success trying to beat them at their own game. You should just be glad people buy the game to write these reviews.

I know the 'real' Zlatkowar from PvE Server, and he definitely has more hours in game than this fake one participating in the review bombing.

Seems names were picked randomly from this forum.

This should backfire on the rogue faction trying to damage Naval Action. Their methods are far worse than anything they have to criticize about the game.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Apparently I have already down voted their reviews, so these are from Banished and his friends like the pirates who moderate the Naval Action reddit

You can click on the steam profile and check previous names, this works even on private accounts. Also you assuming some shit without any evidence and providing it as if its a fact doesnt help much.

19 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

notice how one rat mod thought to ban my post on reddit, LOL.

maybe cuz its misleading and very subjective, yet called a "guide"?

12 minutes ago, Koveras said:

can any1 really state that the negative reviews are undeserved?

The people doing fake reviews discredit themselves. After this I reject any such call of yours to honor them by taking their bombings serious and siding with them "because devs deserved it" or what you want to hint at. Leave me out of this.

• Like 1

Just now, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

The people doing fake reviews discredit themselves. After this I reject any such call of yours to honor them by taking their bombings serious and siding with them "because devs deserved it" or what you want to hint at. Leave me out of this.

The video based around the bombings is legitimate criticism. If you ignore that then you're really not looking at the full picture, neither the probably hundreds of other reviews around the same thing that are from real players. I think if anything these 6 fake reviews are doing a good job at drawing attention away from fixing the problems. You'll boo at the fake ones and ignore the real ones which are on the same topic.

9 minutes ago, Father of Dragons said:

You can click on the steam profile and check previous names, this works even on private accounts. Also you assuming some shit without any evidence and providing it as if its a fact doesnt help much.

maybe cuz its misleading and very subjective, yet called a "guide"?

Are you seriously going to make me do this? For a fact, I know when I down voted these reviews that the names were random gibberish bullshit alt accounts. And funny that you mention them as private, because 20 minutes ago they were not private. But just for you...here are their name histories.

PK7CYDR.jpg

And nothing in my reddit post was misleading. I gave TIPS on how to read through bs! Take any middle school language class and they will teach the same thing about how to recognize patterns between a known author and their pseudonyms.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Routan said:

You lost me there? 

What in what he said was abusive? Did he not present an idea of why ppl was banned. 

I know you can’t discus a modetator. I give my self a Warmingz

What he said wasn't abusive, but his "idea" is quite simply a lie.

• Like 2

On the internet - you can like it or not - but truth is just a matter of numbers. So, my opinion about this Whole thing is that the mass ban, in a few days, of a lot of testers - no matter for which reason  and who decided it - just was a big mistake that is now nearly imossible to fix. 

Personally I am honored someone thought to use my name, but also sad that someone would use my name for ill will :(.

but those who are friends with me on steam know my real steam name and my profile picture (which is a Tiger Tank).

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1