Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming patch information: Port Investments + map wipe

Recommended Posts

Found out by mistake a way alts or other nation players could (be) use(d) to go around hostility mechanic. Russian player was making hostility at Blanquilla and I was getting my Christian out of Cumana at that moment. Sailing there I noticed a hostility missions from a Russian player and I entered it. As you can't see where he is I entered the fight and found out I was not only on the other side of the map, but I misclicked, cause I had a big blue cross in my 'neutral' flagg. So I joined Russia in this..

However, I was there, Pavel next to me I choose to kill it as I was apparantly not escaping it. Also I was curious if I could make hostility for Sweden or Russia. And indeed it was Sweden I did hostility for, Is this a mechanic or not. Cause now you only need one alt in the nation that owns a region capital to make hostility in a small ship. While another nation can enter in big ships. This changes the game in ways it was not supposed is my guess?? hostility should Always be made by the nation that chose hostility missions in my eyes.

I hope this info is of any help. ( happened 29-4-19, 14:52 CET) hostility La Blanquilla, Margaritha region/Pampatar.

 

greetzz,

player called Cornelis

Edited by Cornelis Evertsen de Oude
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once those port upgrade opportunities are implemented on PvE Peace Server (if ever), could it be possible to refit existing ships with port upgrades? Think of someone having a golden ship, he would like to use the new port boni also on this one, as he cannot expect to build a golden one so soon again, given the rarity, just for also adding port boni.

Could be very expensive in doubloons to refit an existing ship, or need a week of time until it is finished - doesn't matter. People would love that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U make the new damage mode, to make the game more realistic. But now wiht the bonuses the kindong of the frigates is here again. Now is so easily kill bellona or first rate with one o two frigates.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 11:06 AM, Rex Maris said:

U make the new damage mode, to make the game more realistic. But now wiht the bonuses the kindong of the frigates is here again. Now is so easily kill bellona or first rate with one o two frigates.

Sorry but I don't think you're right! If the captain of the SoL is at least decent, surely he has the upper hand over a frigate, two frigates is already more difficult but still likely so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

Sorry but I don't think you're right! If the captain of the SoL is at least decent, surely he has the upper hand over a frigate, two frigates is already more difficult but still likely so!

You say that because you are used to face noobs at Baja. Go with your Christian against Moscalb and Dron trincos and tell us how it went.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now we have port bonuses.  A ship with all the bonuses is superior to one that has less or none.  We need to be able to "refit" ships with lower or no bonuses to bring them up to speed with the others.  This is not just a pre-wipe solution for all of our old dinosaurs.  After the wipe, as investments grow, we will want to be able to do the same thing.  Capturing a ship with low bonuses will mean we want to bring it into port and upgrade it to a suitable level. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

So now we have port bonuses.  A ship with all the bonuses is superior to one that has less or none.  We need to be able to "refit" ships with lower or no bonuses to bring them up to speed with the others.  This is not just a pre-wipe solution for all of our old dinosaurs.  After the wipe, as investments grow, we will want to be able to do the same thing.  Capturing a ship with low bonuses will mean we want to bring it into port and upgrade it to a suitable level. 

Captured ships Have a crew bonus and special refits, what are they ?Boston refit etc. Are they upgradable to 2x refit? Only model is A purple or gold that has the Port they came from I would Imagine,Or I have seen them pop out of ports. If it were possible to write in the refit types specific to that port,to overhaul the ship,but that is a different story...

Maybe a reset reset to try a few addendums ,and let the pvp settle and dump some reals mark ,medals and woods on us knowing what we should have had with a release release state.and have some organized unpolarized events to test,right now,its not knowing what really hurts,and unfettered seal clubbing and raiding and mongering the test cycle is not s definitive way to test mechanics..it is diminutively effect to affect . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MacaroniMax said:

Captured ships Have a crew bonus and special refits, what are they ?Boston refit etc. Are they upgradable to 2x refit? Only model is A purple or gold that has the Port they came from I would Imagine,Or I have seen them pop out of ports. If it were possible to write in the refit types specific to that port,to overhaul the ship,but that is a different story...

Maybe a reset reset to try a few addendums ,and let the pvp settle and dump some reals mark ,medals and woods on us knowing what we should have had with a release release state.and have some organized unpolarized events to test,right now,its not knowing what really hurts,and unfettered seal clubbing and raiding and mongering the test cycle is not s definitive way to test mechanics..it is diminutively effect to affect . 

 

Dude I never know what you are saying....

(respectfully)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mascarino said:
19 hours ago, MassimoSud said:

Sorry but I don't think you're right! If the captain of the SoL is at least decent, surely he has the upper hand over a frigate, two frigates is already more difficult but still likely so!

You say that because you are used to face noobs at Baja. Go with your Christian against Moscalb and Dron trincos and tell us how it went.

lol...

Massimo against Moscalb and Dron is hardly the example to balance your gameplay on. Massimo may be above average in skill but those two are among the very best PvPers on the server. If they can trash a SoL while sailing two Trincos that's because they are that good. Same as Greg still sometimes kills the odd 3rd Rate in his Snow. The important point is that on average any Ship of the Line will eat two or three frigates for breakfast. Don't try to find a trend by looking at outliers...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

lol...

Massimo against Moscalb and Dron is hardly the example to balance your gameplay on. Massimo may be above average in skill but those two are among the very best PvPers on the server. If they can trash a SoL while sailing two Trincos that's because they are that good. Same as Greg still sometimes kills the odd 3rd Rate in his Snow. The important point is that on average any Ship of the Line will eat two or three frigates for breakfast. Don't try to find a trend by looking at outliers...

I reiterate that a decent SoL captain must prevail against a frigate and should also prevail against two frigates. As for me I don't understand how tom can judge my abilities considering that I don't remember having ever fought with him, also I don t remember seeing him in the pvp leaderboard, but being a snow probably all of them "may" be above average skills, and I agree with them regarding their ability to troll in forum and nation chat. Me in a SoL against moscalb and dron in trinco? I don't know how it can end, but I and dron trinco vs trinco I know how it turned out. moscalb? What to say, just "russian magics!" (I'm still waiting for my password) 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

I reiterate that a decent SoL captain must prevail against a frigate and should also prevail against two frigates. As for me I don't understand how tom can judge my abilities considering that I don't remember having ever fought with him, also I don t remember seeing him in the pvp leaderboard, but being a snow probably all of them "may" be above average skills, and I agree with them regarding their ability to troll in forum and nation chat. Me in a SoL against moscalb and dron in trinco? I don't know how it can end, but I and dron trinco vs trinco I know how it turned out. moscalb? What to say, just "russian magics!" (I'm still waiting for my password) 😉

Common mate, we fought together on way more than one occasion. I'm just ribbing you :P
Still, I stand by my statement that the overall balance should not be measured by what absolute top players can do when playing coordinated 2v1.

Edited by Tom Farseer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...