Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch information: Port Investments + map wipe

Consider the following:

• Nation A takes a county capital port 1 and two ports 2 and 3 in this county. Later nation B captures port 1.
  • What will happen to ports 2 and 3? Will they stay with nation A, turn neutral or convert to nation B?
Edited by Felix Victor

9 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

Will they stay with nation A, turn neutral or convert to nation B?

They will be unchanged. The only effect of County Capitals is the ability to raise hostility missions. So nation B will now be able to raise hostlity missions for Ports 2 and 3

Edited by Hullabaloo
  • Like 1

Wow! 6 pages of conjecture and questions and not a single reply from admin/devs to clear things up. Im here trying to find answers and just wasted 15 minutes. Not impressed here. Seems to me the war server has become completely unfriendly to single players and small clans. Now the PVE server is going this route too? Bad decision if so.

Edited by racketyjack
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 12:13 AM, Davos Seasworth said:

May not be the case but even so smaller clans should always consider merging with other clans. My clan ONION has done that with BORK seeing economic benefits from doing such a thing. We still see ourselves as ONION in some ways but also see ourselves as BORK if that makes sense. We know other clans from the same nation and outside it are also considering to merge with us. There is strength in numbers if all parties find a way to balance control and management where no one party feels suppressed. 

The real point is that nobody should have to join a clan to get access to any benefits or advantages.  Small clans should not have to merge with larger clans or other small clans to make a large clan large enough to get access to benefits and advantages.  EVERY player - REGARDLESS of clan membership - should have equal access to the SAME benefits and advantages of every other player.  EVERY player should be able to set up their OP production buildings and shipyard however they want REGARDLESS of whether or not they just happen to belong to a clan large enough to take and hold a particular port.  The developers need to stop with the incessant efforts to manipulate us into hard core PvP and joining large clans or forever relegate Naval Action to an insignificant niche game that appeals to only a few hundred players.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Bull Hull said:

The real point is that nobody should have to join a clan to get access to any benefits or advantages.

Fully agree on that, at least for PvE.

On PvP I already played games that have similar clan mechanism, and I chose to join or create solid, competitive clans to get those benefits. It always, systematically led to player extinction pretty much. Within 6 months we had like 4 big clans left, and 2 months later those 4 big clans were empty too. Dead game.

I will keep following the updates and will get in from time to time to test a few things out, but right now I'll just be waiting for the release candidate to see whether this game suits my needs or if I'd better invest my time into another game.

I feel like trying to make sense of these updates individually without having the full picture and the synergy between them leads to nothing but frustration, outrage and disgust, so I'll just stop trying to find a logic and will stick to enjoying the beauty and the atmosphere for this game is excellent at that.

• Like 1

Found out by mistake a way alts or other nation players could (be) use(d) to go around hostility mechanic. Russian player was making hostility at Blanquilla and I was getting my Christian out of Cumana at that moment. Sailing there I noticed a hostility missions from a Russian player and I entered it. As you can't see where he is I entered the fight and found out I was not only on the other side of the map, but I misclicked, cause I had a big blue cross in my 'neutral' flagg. So I joined Russia in this..

However, I was there, Pavel next to me I choose to kill it as I was apparantly not escaping it. Also I was curious if I could make hostility for Sweden or Russia. And indeed it was Sweden I did hostility for, Is this a mechanic or not. Cause now you only need one alt in the nation that owns a region capital to make hostility in a small ship. While another nation can enter in big ships. This changes the game in ways it was not supposed is my guess?? hostility should Always be made by the nation that chose hostility missions in my eyes.

I hope this info is of any help. ( happened 29-4-19, 14:52 CET) hostility La Blanquilla, Margaritha region/Pampatar.

greetzz,

player called Cornelis

Edited by Cornelis Evertsen de Oude
  • Like 6

Once those port upgrade opportunities are implemented on PvE Peace Server (if ever), could it be possible to refit existing ships with port upgrades? Think of someone having a golden ship, he would like to use the new port boni also on this one, as he cannot expect to build a golden one so soon again, given the rarity, just for also adding port boni.

Could be very expensive in doubloons to refit an existing ship, or need a week of time until it is finished - doesn't matter. People would love that.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 11:06 AM, Rex Maris said:

U make the new damage mode, to make the game more realistic. But now wiht the bonuses the kindong of the frigates is here again. Now is so easily kill bellona or first rate with one o two frigates.

Sorry but I don't think you're right! If the captain of the SoL is at least decent, surely he has the upper hand over a frigate, two frigates is already more difficult but still likely so!

So now we have port bonuses.  A ship with all the bonuses is superior to one that has less or none.  We need to be able to "refit" ships with lower or no bonuses to bring them up to speed with the others.  This is not just a pre-wipe solution for all of our old dinosaurs.  After the wipe, as investments grow, we will want to be able to do the same thing.  Capturing a ship with low bonuses will mean we want to bring it into port and upgrade it to a suitable level. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

So now we have port bonuses.  A ship with all the bonuses is superior to one that has less or none.  We need to be able to "refit" ships with lower or no bonuses to bring them up to speed with the others.  This is not just a pre-wipe solution for all of our old dinosaurs.  After the wipe, as investments grow, we will want to be able to do the same thing.  Capturing a ship with low bonuses will mean we want to bring it into port and upgrade it to a suitable level. 

Captured ships Have a crew bonus and special refits, what are they ?Boston refit etc. Are they upgradable to 2x refit? Only model is A purple or gold that has the Port they came from I would Imagine,Or I have seen them pop out of ports. If it were possible to write in the refit types specific to that port,to overhaul the ship,but that is a different story...

Maybe a reset reset to try a few addendums ,and let the pvp settle and dump some reals mark ,medals and woods on us knowing what we should have had with a release release state.and have some organized unpolarized events to test,right now,its not knowing what really hurts,and unfettered seal clubbing and raiding and mongering the test cycle is not s definitive way to test mechanics..it is diminutively effect to affect . 

1 minute ago, MacaroniMax said:

Captured ships Have a crew bonus and special refits, what are they ?Boston refit etc. Are they upgradable to 2x refit? Only model is A purple or gold that has the Port they came from I would Imagine,Or I have seen them pop out of ports. If it were possible to write in the refit types specific to that port,to overhaul the ship,but that is a different story...

Maybe a reset reset to try a few addendums ,and let the pvp settle and dump some reals mark ,medals and woods on us knowing what we should have had with a release release state.and have some organized unpolarized events to test,right now,its not knowing what really hurts,and unfettered seal clubbing and raiding and mongering the test cycle is not s definitive way to test mechanics..it is diminutively effect to affect . 

Dude I never know what you are saying....

(respectfully)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mascarino said:
19 hours ago, MassimoSud said:

Sorry but I don't think you're right! If the captain of the SoL is at least decent, surely he has the upper hand over a frigate, two frigates is already more difficult but still likely so!

You say that because you are used to face noobs at Baja. Go with your Christian against Moscalb and Dron trincos and tell us how it went.

lol...

Massimo against Moscalb and Dron is hardly the example to balance your gameplay on. Massimo may be above average in skill but those two are among the very best PvPers on the server. If they can trash a SoL while sailing two Trincos that's because they are that good. Same as Greg still sometimes kills the odd 3rd Rate in his Snow. The important point is that on average any Ship of the Line will eat two or three frigates for breakfast. Don't try to find a trend by looking at outliers...

• Like 1