Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch information: Port Investments + map wipe

8 hours ago, Tom Farseer said:

Why would anyone want to flip the remaining regional ports from neutral and rid himself of easy AI grinding spots?

First, to deny them to enemy warship access, second to collect taxes, third because most clans will want their own ports.  People can "grind AI" anywhere. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Barbancourt said:

First, to deny them to enemy warship access, second to collect taxes, third because most clans will want their own ports.  People can "grind AI" anywhere. 

Your first argument holds weight, I give you that. Taxes won't be coming from those ports though. It's the county capitals that consume goods and mostly only they produce the high value goods as well.
As for the most clans thing. Maybe we will see. My view on that may well be biased by current player numbers.

Edited by Tom Farseer

Hello

very good initiative but I wonder however about your priorities.

Why waste your time and money on micro management to please some big clan and not deal with the real problems of this game.

Today the game is killed by two Zerg nations the English and the Russians.
If you want to have fun then you must belong to one of these nations otherwise it is the punishment every time you leave the port.

Players do not like losing too easily so they leave small nations thus amplifying the phenomenon.

Since you give priority to the clan (an error I think ..) why keep the nations you should replace them with reds and blues.

And how are you going to handle the problem when 90% of the assets will play English?

Cheer's
  • Like 1

Yay! Map wipe! :) I look forward to redeveloping my economy...

Will resources be wiped also? I haven't read the entire thread... but, this is great news too.

I look forward to seeing how putting the power of the ports in the players hands works... very cool idea.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, John Hill Regard said:

Today the game is killed by two Zerg nations the English and the Russians. If you want to have fun then you must belong to one of these nations otherwise it is the punishment every time you leave the port.

I disagree mate, we Prussians like to open world hunt and will do so regardless of the Russian stature, we are cut throat and vigorous hunter, beware, once the wolves hunt, the oceans seem to flee.

6 hours ago, angriff said:

Me thinks that the game is going to be clan based complicated mess.

I am really quite sure this was intended in the long run... the clans will be the professional navies and we loners will run what we can afford to. Small and light privateering vessels... it will be a beautiful historical mess, and I look forward to it... just need to know how to solo. Very hard, but can be done at a profit. 

Mind me now mate … I get your frustration but... if we are just in this for ourselves, like I am for instance... then we will have to be Corsairs, managers of our own little destiny.

• Like 3

On 4/15/2019 at 4:08 PM, --Privateer-- said:

Should do a ship wipe along with a map wipe, so we can all get used to seeing only DLC for the rest of forever.

I understand you to a point mate... but lets make one thing very clear... the DLC ships are inferior to the craftable ships in most cases... the only one that is over powered is the Hercules right now... but it is very fragile and is considered a bit of a glass cannon. If a player understands the Hercules' weaknesses... she is easily defeated. And the Rattvissan, is just a inferior version of a WASA in my book... the WASA has a good advantage over the Rattvissan. For a short time I could see the DLC ships being predominant, but good players will run the meta, what ever that is. If the meta is a DLC ship, then the DLC ship will be seen always, if the meta is a craftable ship, then you will always see that craftable ship. Welcome to the world of battle gaming and the world of wargaming.

In my opinion, the DLC ships are weaker in general to most craftable counterparts. The Hercules is the only one that needs adjustment in my opinion... just make her incapable of having that one deck of big guns... people love putting Poods on her... make it so it cant take them says I... but then there would probably be an uproar regarding how useless the ship is without the five extra Poods on each side. Honestly it would not hurt my feelings to see Hercules get a nerf on her lower and upper gun decks. Top deck 6 pounders... lower deck 12 pounders... can take 32 pounders on all decks... and no Poods, this would fix the Hercules for me. I am sure many other players would not use the Hercules as much though if this was done as she would lose her competitive edge. I know though that I could still use her to good effect, she would still be a good trader hunter. Of which I use her for most of the time... great little pirate ship says I.

Best of wishes and fair seas mate.

Three cheers for the frigates and their gallant Captains!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tom Farseer said:

One question:

If you need to own the county capital to flip the regional neutral ports and a clan can make do with, let's say three ports in the new system (one for trading, one for resources one for shipbuilding):
Why would anyone want to flip the remaining regional ports from neutral and rid himself of easy AI grinding spots? A ton of ports would be of no use again unless we get a very large influx of new players and clans who want their own living space.

Indeed. But this doesn´t have to be a problem or an issue... A neutral port is open for all, which is mostly not a bad thing.

16 hours ago, LIONOFWALES said:

If the meta is a DLC ship, then the DLC ship will be seen always, if the meta is a craftable ship, then you will always see that craftable ship. Welcome to the world of battle gaming and the world of wargaming.

Ideally they would be balanced so we could see both, but if I had to choose, I'd rather see a mixture of the 50 craft-able ships than see the same 4 DLC ships over and over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

Ideally they would be balanced so we could see both, but if I had to choose, I'd rather see a mixture of the 50 craft-able ships than see the same 4 DLC ships over and over.

I see your point... I also like a lot of variety.

1 minute ago, Bull Hull said:

In other words, the developers are concentrating more and more power into the hands of a relatively few large clans in each nation and so smaller clans will be thoroughly screwed.

May not be the case but even so smaller clans should always consider merging with other clans. My clan ONION has done that with BORK seeing economic benefits from doing such a thing. We still see ourselves as ONION in some ways but also see ourselves as BORK if that makes sense. We know other clans from the same nation and outside it are also considering to merge with us. There is strength in numbers if all parties find a way to balance control and management where no one party feels suppressed. 

On 4/15/2019 at 5:20 AM, admin said:

……………..

Again will repeat. All this features will require a map wipe
More information will be added to this post based on your questions in this thread. 

@admin We are in dire need of updated information very soon. There are many questions that need answered so we can prepare if needed. These are just our clan's most pressing...

• What will happen to our outposts if they are in Free Ports (La Mona), Open Ports (Cabo Rojo), and Neutral Ports (Higuey)? 
  • Will ports surrounding our Capitals remain part of our nation, or will we need to recapture them? (i.e. Ft Zoutman, Ft Oranje, Las Aves)

Depending on patch release date and the answers to above, we may need a long time to move our ships and warehouse items.

1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

@admin We are in dire need of updated information very soon. There are many questions that need answered so we can prepare if needed. These are just our clan's most pressing...

• What will happen to our outposts if they are in Free Ports (La Mona), Open Ports (Cabo Rojo), and Neutral Ports (Higuey)? 
  • Will ports surrounding our Capitals remain part of our nation, or will we need to recapture them? (i.e. Ft Zoutman, Ft Oranje, Las Aves)

Depending on patch release date and the answers to above, we may need a long time to move our ships and warehouse items.

last time we had a map wipe, all capturable ports were reverted to neutral, no matter if clan owner had set it to open before the wipe.  This means you will be able to tp in and out of them until they get recaptured by another nation.

Only capturable ports are affected. National ports will remain as they are.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 2

On 4/15/2019 at 11:20 AM, admin said:

Forts and defenses. 

• Clans will be able to build defenses for their ports
  • In the first iteration positions of forts will remain the same as in the current game (some positions will be adapted to change placement of useless towers or forts into locations that will help defending the city) 
  • Defenses destroyed during port battles will have to be rebuilt again (depending on % of their damage)
  • Base map will be without forts and towers.

Overall balance

Every type of investment will require points and having limited points per port, clans will have to pick things they want to specialize their city in. Some cities (chokepoints or front line towns) will only have forts, some will become resource bases and some will become shipbuilding cities.

This balance will be supported by the changes how hostility missions are given.

I pray that we can invest in hot shot furnaces! It could be funny!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heated_shot

• Like 1