Game-Labs Forum
Captain Hammered

Recording action in Naval Action

o7 folks!

You know, some folks on here make superb videos of their NA gameplay, I really enjoy watching them, and I would like to do a few of my own.

Unfortunately, both my tools and skills at video recording are...well...crap. :D

used to use Bandicam and Micro$oft Movie Maker back in the Win95 days, but there HAS to be better technology available.

(And, apparently, M$MM doesn't exist in Windows any more. Figures.) 

If anyone could offer tips on programs, techniques and thoughts, I'd really appreciate it. :)

FWIW, here's my latest attempt done with Xsplit: No title, no narration (I was really having to concentrate on the fight), dark and blurry. In other words UGH - I'd like to do much better.

Thanks folks :)

• Like 1

OBS for recording and streaming should do it. Its free.

However most decent video editing software will cost you something

6 minutes ago, Liq said:

However most decent video editing software will cost you something

Shortcut gets the job done at an extremely attractive price point. ;)

If you want to record or live stream from your desktop and you have an AMD graphics card(s), you probably have Radeon already installed for driver.  You can use the ReLive to do the recording or live streaming, it's very capable.  If you want to do that from your laptop and you have an nVidia card, you can use GeForce Experience to do the same thing.  Neither of them cost you.  I've never invested in any of the other software like OBS for example, although I do have Cyberlink software which is very capable for video and audio editing.

Edited by Papillon

OBS Studio makes a great recording. It's great for streaming, too. OBS and StreamLabs recently joined to make StreamLabs OBS, like @Velhelm Von Marrius suggested, is very easy to stream with. Both are free.

Edited by van der Decken

Movie Maker as stand alone disappeared but you got the same through Story Remix in Photos app. 

Image result for windows 10 photos video project

Just to add to the options presented.

For video editing and rendering, i recently switched from Adobe premiere to Davinci Resolve, i would highly reccomend Davinci Resolve, its free, it makes good use of your computers resources, and its a powerfull tool. I also concur with everyone else regarding OBS, OBS is amazing, can take a bit of setup, but flexibility is good and you can easily tune it for your hardware

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, OlavDeng2 said:

Davinci Resolve, its free

Ah, I should check that out. Thanks for the tip!