Game-Labs Forum

Let's make the PVE server a great NA game. ( part II - poll )

Let's make the PVE server a great NA game. ( part II - poll )  

47 members have voted

1. 1. About the port battles:

• Yes
    • No
    • I like the idea but i would prefer to be implemented in a different manner. ( please comment below )
  2. 2. About the pvp:

• Yes
    • No
    • I like the idea but i would prefer to be implemented in a different manner. ( please comment below )
  3. 3. About the AI agression:

• Yes
    • No

16 minutes ago, Bull Hull said:

There are soooooooooo many neutral ports on the map there are more than enough to go around to provide raiding opportunities for all nations and all players. 

I think the admin mentioned somewhere they are going to implement an historic map for PVE for the release. So the ugly neutral map as of now should be solved.

Like I've written, players might be raiding a port someone else has chosen for their outpost. That would create unnecessary conflict and disappointment. Also, people grinding the hostility would demand their rightful spot in the port battle and would be annoyed by randoms jumping in (that's why port battles on the War Server are for clan and allied members only). Some people might also want to play the defending side of a port battle and not just attack AI (that might not be even good at defending).

Creating a fixed, safe, informal space for port battling with the option for the player to either attack and defend and the AI providing balanced teams with no effects on the map, would keep conflict off the Peace Server, keep it a hassle-free zone and provide a fun event for casual players.

Edited by Jean de la Rochelle

1 hour ago, Norfolk nChance said:

@no one

I just think any form of PvP in a PvE environment will not be allowed. I’ve pointed out a few times now that the Dev’s won’t budge on this issue. No matter how appealing it is... I agree

The closest I got was the Smuggler Flag system welcoming all. Even just open to AI aggression was a no.

The Co-Op EPIC, missions against AI is the only path. At Battle Instance even friendly fire is impossible. PORT BATTLE Co-Op from an attack against AI defenders or vice versa I really would like to see. And should be possible...

The reason why the Dev’s won’t allow ANY form of PvP on the PvE Server is consensual manipulation. Forcing another player into a PvP Instance against his wishes. Whatever system from flags to Duels no matter how water tight will be still not looked at.

Co-Op helps you to learn to fight as a single unit. It will help with PvP, but to learn PvP you must be on that server...

Norfolk

This is what confuses me. Why do the devs keep pushing us to the pvp server if it is the pvp server that is killing the game? The devs don't want players in their game? They don't want to see the players happy and spend some money? What i am suggesting are simple mechanics that would bring more players to the game but instead they prefer to force them to go to the pvp server , have a terrible experience and quit playing.

Edited by no one
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, no one said:

This is what confuses me. Why do the devs keep pushing us to the pvp server if it is the pvp server that is killing the game? The devs don't want players in their game? They don't want to see the players happy and spend some money? What i am suggesting are simple mechanics that would bring more players to the game but instead they prefer to forced them to go to the pvp server , have a terrible experience and quit playing.

@no one

That’s a whole different subject my friend. In my opinion players should be forced to start PvE before entering PvP.

WoWs do it, EvE Online does it etc... Its how they give the Newbie BASIC training. Its how these two games keep Newbie retention levels... Our Ranking systems is flawed, is too quick and is focused on CREW size only. It needs changing...

Your idea is good, I really like the PORT BATTLE.

Norfolk

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 2:07 PM, Norfolk nChance said:

@no one

I just think any form of PvP in a PvE environment will not be allowed. I’ve pointed out a few times now that the Dev’s won’t budge on this issue. No matter how appealing it is... I agree

The closest I got was the Smuggler Flag system welcoming all. Even just open to AI aggression was a no.

The Co-Op EPIC, missions against AI is the only path. At Battle Instance even friendly fire is impossible. PORT BATTLE Co-Op from an attack against AI defenders or vice versa I really would like to see. And should be possible...

The reason why the Dev’s won’t allow ANY form of PvP on the PvE Server is consensual manipulation. Forcing another player into a PvP Instance against his wishes. Whatever system from flags to Duels no matter how water tight will be still not looked at.

Co-Op helps you to learn to fight as a single unit. It will help with PvP, but to learn PvP you must be on that server...

Norfolk

[Unfounded speculation resulting in abusive comment]

Warning issued.

mod team

...Instead of spending the DLC money on a full time coder so there is more than 2 on the game they given us very little of any improvements.   

You have to keep it a flag system cause you can't do true PvP or RvR.  It has to be consensual between all parties.  RvR can be done with map reset and as for folks bitching about what if my stuff is in there.  The game has 300+ ports, capture that port for yourself and you clan and no one else can capture it until map reset.  Simple as that.  They also can leave all ports open to all and only have port owner ship effect the econ port control part only.   

Off question...where are all the rare wood ports on the PvE server, just the perm ports like NO, San Agustian, St George (bermuda)?  Ports like that or they have it spread out more?   Asking cause PvE tends to get the short end of the stick any time something new is changed in  game on war but not on peace server.

Getting warning by staff that never even log in and never seen....for speaking our mind.  Go figure.....lol  I still stand by my view they aren't going to do anythign to help PvE server become better and where is the money for all these DLC's going caused it's not in a new coder to help get things done I assume?

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

PORT BATTLE realistic thinking...

That wizened old salty bad-tempered Senior Pirate with a Southern drawl needs to be listened too. Whether you look through the bitterness or take it at face value, complicated ideas WON’T go for whatever reason.

Offer a small TESTER try-out idea before any form of Grand plan. Think about testing this first. Something very easy that @Ink would spend little time on.

Idea: PvE Co-Op PORT BATTLE

@admin

Take one fixed Neutral PORT, example La Navasse. Same Nation Groups raise hostility via missions popping the PORT BATTLE trigger. A fixed time start is given on the next server cycle.

Like Co-Op EPICs minimum fleet size of six with a maximum of ten ships. Make it a fourth-rate battle limiter (not port BR method). This is just an EPIC overlay onto a PORT. No extra programming needed with three Circles.

If successful, the Nation takes the PORT for a maximum of five days. After which time the PORT will default back to its Neutral status. Within them next five days at least ONCE at the same start time an AI PORT BATTLE attack will be triggered.

You and your fleet will need to defend an incoming AI force set on retaking the PORT.

Can this simple mechanic be done first?

I think its worth a try and see how it goes. From there then you build out...

Norfolk

8 hours ago, Routan said:

Well we dont have to have RvR for all ports We could split it up in to areas .

- Those close to Capitol can only be taken by players of the nation.

- Important ressource port can’t be captured.

- Some ports that can be taken by players, but not be defended by players

- Maybr 40-50 ports players can fight over against other players.

"- Important resource port can’t be captured." But  can be looted. Your idea is cool i just wanted to add this little detail. To add a chance for the players not to capture a "resource port" but instead to attack to loot the resources from the port as a prize. Of course a cooldown time is needed to prevent the same port to be looted every week.

Edited by no one