Game-Labs Forum

Moving the game to a new computer (with a campaign in progress)

drhanson

My hard drive is dying a slow, painful death and I need to back up everything before moving to a new computer.  I am in the middle of an Ultimate General - Civil War campaign that I want to be sure to keep.  If it makes a difference, it is a GOG installation and I'm using Windows 10.

Two questions:

1.  What files do I need to backup and transfer to be able to continue my campaign in progress on the new computer?  I have already backed up everything in the following subdirectory:  Program Files (x86) / GOG Galaxy / Games / Ultimate General Civil War / Ultimate General Civil War_Data.  Do I need to download any other files to continue the campaign on the new computer?

2.  How can I transfer the game program to the new computer without having to buy it again?  Can I just transfer everything in the following subdirectory:  Program Files (x86) / GOG Galaxy and then run the .exe file?  If not, what steps do I need to go through to transfer the game program to a new computer?

Thank you very much for any information you can provide.

1) Saves are located at C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate General Civil War\Save

Note that AppData is a hidden folder by default so you may have to go into folder options to get it to display if you don't already have that enabled.

2) I'm not sure if GoG's install will support a directory copy. You can just download the game through GoG again though. https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/213148105-How-do-I-download-my-purchased-items-