Game-Labs Forum

On the issue of imported ship permits versus ready imported ships.

Just now, Angus MacDuff said:

Rank, XP, Crafting XP, all ships, buildings money, etc.  All you keep is book knowledge.....Are you trolling?  How can you not know this?

Not trolling. There are like 20 different threads on this... not following everything...

Eager for release now!!!

@admin when’s release???

Just now, Diceman said:

Not trolling. There are like 20 different threads on this... not following everything...

Eager for release now!!!

@admin when’s release???

Yeah, Detroit is a backwater with no news.  They said release in the spring.  Which means it must happen before June 21.  I'm sure that is the case.

4 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Rank, XP, Crafting XP, all ships, buildings money, etc.  All you keep is book knowledge.....Are you trolling?  How can you not know this?

That is the thing here, you don't need to know anything to comment across 6 pages and telling how the game should be. 😂

Just now, Angus MacDuff said:

Yeah, Detroit is a backwater with no news.  They said release in the spring.  Which means it must happen before June 21.  I'm sure that is the case.

I’m in North Carolina... real backwater country... 

2 hours ago, Liberalism said:

You've still ignored the 5 questions asked. What do real life scenarios have in common? Both of them are products that you purchase with real life currency. 

I cannot answer a question that only the devs can and since they are changing crafting I don't really care to have an opinion on the matter for now. Besides that the question was to them and not to me I assume since I am not selling them or defending them. It is completely irrelevant to the ingame world what DLC, the full game etc cost. When criticizing something ingame I never consider the price it is on the steam store because price only effects sales. If the devs released a 6th rate for 1000 euros noone would buy it but the ship would still be p2w in the current system. A cheaper 4th rate DLC for example would only increase the numbers sailing around ingame but they would still have the exact same effect on the ingame economy but at a way larger scale. It is still the same thing. 

I get the questions btw and I have been asking myself that but lets be honest. Hauling ship mats is a waste of time anyway. Its not even rewarding to players that cap the traders either. If the devs are removing a major timesink from the game I won't complain but just wait and see. We can go full retard if things don't work out. 

1 minute ago, Barbarosa said:

That is the thing here, you don't need to know anything to comment across 6 pages and telling how the game should be. 😂

I know what it’s like being a solo crafter in this game.

I know what permits did to my ability to build ships.

I know that I never lost business because of a DLC ship.

• Like 1

If this game shall change from the economy based crafting to a more or less pure fighting game, why should there be a port with crafting materials at all. According to your rank and success, Admiralty can you some ships to choose, you take one, arm it and start to sail. No need for hunting traders, just go for the next enemy. 

I am sure this is what some players like and it looks as if the devs have chosen some path in that direction. 

The other players, those who like hauling mats, capping them from traders, building up supply chains and crafting ships and guns don't have a future in that scenario. 

Therfore I would really like to know where to this journey goes and which players or which style of playing is what the devs prefer. When the goal is clearly defined, we all know what we shall have in the end and I am sure most of us will support the devs with suggestions to complete and improve the game.

At least for me it is difficult to understand how the final game shall look like. 

17 hours ago, Barbarosa said:

Didn't had any fun sinking Hercules and Requins so far knowing they loose nothing.

You're not paying attention to your precious eco then, because they lose their guns while guys in cheap crafted ships get almost every penny back.

14 hours ago, Intrepido said:

DLC are being used by everyone. Noobs, veterans, pvp and rvr players.

They will give a big and unfair advantage to their owners after the wipe-release, when none has a ship due to doubloons, woods, reals, permits and the reset of the crafting level.

HOW???

They are available for everyone to purchase.... WTF?!?!

9 hours ago, Ligatorswe said:

I agree on that to 100%. make ships more accessible and then it wont be a problem that LO/WO etc are scarce. 

what if we remove the magic woods and instead go back to refits? we have all those cool nassau refit, cartagena refit, liverpool refit etc on ai ships, maybe add those to regional bonuses

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Look mate, not everyone think is reasonable to pay the same price a new game would cost.

Stop acting as a fool. Paytowin games are universally disliked and target of criticism, something that no dev likes to see after all the effort.

How are they pay to win??? How?!?!

They aren’t OP... They aren’t meta ships...

The Devs were more than willing to nerf the first two DLC ships....

I’ve quoted people on here saying that they wreck DLC ships in trash AI built ships...

I have no problem with DLC. Nothing wrong with making a buck...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Intrepido said:

In the current economy balance, they are clearly PTW.

[comment removed]Forum rules, articles 1 and 3.

- moderator Hethwill -

[comment removed]Forum rules, articles 1 and 2 and 3.

- moderator Hethwill -

19 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Ye, like the wot, wows and WT ghost towns.

Which NA players got away from because they are Arcady and streamlined..?

what do we care what the masses do

Edited by Communism

Too much DLC in game change it completely.

For playing NA, you just need an iron mine, a coal mine and a forge. 

No more need of RVR, nor clans, nor economy features. Marks turn to be useless, you'll get enough easily in patrol zone.

Simply, this could turn to be fun, but I have to admit that this is not the game I chose to buy some time ago.

But I appreciate that clans finally turned to be useless. 

Why dont they make the DLC ships the same as ordinary ships then, i.e. you can get the ship with one click if you want it made from normal easy access woods, but if you want it made from rare woods you have to have the rare wood to make it. This way the DLC people will have the same system as other non-DLC players.

• Like 1