Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

On the issue of imported ship permits versus ready imported ships.

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Dostojetski said:

UPDATE

I'm already looking forward to when they announce loot boxes 😂

Oh man, you're right....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to request sales graphs..

The flags DLC is the only DLC that is in the spirit of truly supporting development, it offers no cheat nor perk to gameplay.

I would like to see how well the flags DLC has fared against all the other DLCs.

 

Before all this DLC crap I hoped to see a monthly subscription to support this game.. now it isnt even worth the spit to spat on.

 

UPDATE

One last thing

Developers, please hire someone who is an expert on game theory or sustainable development. I mean, you cant be so stupid that you don't see how the DLC boats are hurting your game. You have created a game which is essentially a diamond in the rough. Like EVE Online in its early days, you have something unique and there are no other games like it right now. But if you want this game to last, you need to stop giving instant gratification options to people.. are you truly so stupid and blind that you do not realize; if you let people hit the endgame instantly, they wont stick around for long. Yes, in your greedy little minds this will get you a lot of green quickly but that wont last. I guess you are aware of this and you are now doubling down to make max profit.

You saw how many players you had starting off and that was before anyone even knew this game existed(the casuals). You can still have those players and thousands more but in order to get them.. you need to show that you are willing to go for the long haul instead of instant gratification(yes, it goes both ways). Right now you are only showing people that you have absolutely no intentions to keep this game developing after launch :C EVE Online has been going for 19 years, you had a shot at that.

Edited by Dostojetski
rant to devs
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dostojetski said:

The flags DLC is the only DLC that is in the spirit of truly supporting development, it offers no cheat nor perk to gameplay.

Well, there is the "painter" DLC ableit it does not have many cool paints yet, only the old ones... it is the other purely cosmetic DLC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sovereign said:

Well, there is the "painter" DLC ableit it does not have many cool paints yet, only the old ones... it is the other purely cosmetic DLC.

you can sell the paints. Apply to ship, sell ship.. profit

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dostojetski said:

you can sell the paints. Apply to ship, sell ship.. profit

Fair point but I don't see people paying a lot for paints now that they are so easy to get with DLC... if someone really wants paints he will pay the 13$ instead of ingame currency.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dostojetski said:

Honestly.. stop trying to spin bullcrap about DLC ships not being op and appeal to what the devs want to hear..

If the OP DLC ships cant hold out on their own against port perked crafted vessels, people wont buy them as much and shazam.. they will allow port bonuses to DLC ships.

These kinds of DLC are a form of paid cheats(you get around certain game mechanics such as hauling and crafting and they also dont require you to be so good at sailing either since they are boosted) as was stated in original post. Casual and bad players wanna feel good about themselves and they will cough up the cash for these instant gratification boats. I bet my left testicle the devs will make sure the DLC boats will have the upper hand cos thats the only reason people buy them.

Give it a few weeks, possibly months and your precious cheaty DLC boats will get perked up. Or then the port perks will get nerfed to hell, at which point you will achieve the same outcome; Crafted boats are super expensive with crappy port bonuses and take an eternity and a half to craft with rare woods... and DLC ships can flex with their daddies credit cards.

 

If the devs wanted honest support, they would provide a go fund me link. But they went all in on this DLC crap and thats a rabbit hole you dont climb out of(though it does get them a lot more money if you have ever read up on game theory).. imagine how pissed off the instant gratification weeabos would be if you suddenly took their toys away from them or nerfed them? Devs chose to do DLC route so now the only way they can get people to support the development of the game is to offer the players cheaty boats.

 

UPDATE

I'm already looking forward to when they announce loot boxes 😂

What if, as I repeatly proposed, that if I redeem a DLC I get a free ship with no bonuses (even only 3/5 no trim) BUT I am allowed to craft her too if I wish to use THAT ship, not because THAT ship is redeemable but because I like THAT ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

What if, as I repeatly proposed, that if I redeem a DLC I get a free ship with no bonuses (even only 3/5 no trim) BUT I am allowed to craft her too if I wish to use THAT ship, not because THAT ship is redeemable but because I like THAT ship?

And by crafting the boosted DLC ship you are asking to add port bonuses on it, right?

Whats the point, really? Just bribe the devs with money and Im sure they will enable godmode for you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

I bought some DLC ship because it was an easy way to get a competitive ship without spending my time (or my money to buy alt to get rare wood's) it was also a way to suport game development.

This ship weren't OP .

Ratvisan or Hermione aren't OP ship.

Now they are just becoming useless , so i paid , i give money to earn dev and this guy's just spit on my face .Why this ship's should be easy pray ...Why the Hermione should become a shiti ship in one day...

Dev you don't have any respect for your customer's .

Give port bonus to DLC if you redeem in your crafting port .....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole thread has become absolutely hilarious. 

NPC 1:  DLC ships are OP and cheaty!!!!

NPC 2: DLC ships have become useless.  Why did I buy them?!?

ME:  Meta players are funny.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Dostojetski said:

And by crafting the boosted DLC ship you are asking to add port bonuses on it, right?

Whats the point, really? Just bribe the devs with money and Im sure they will enable godmode for you.

Is an Herc, Pandora, Ratt, Req God mode? are you kidding?

Even months ago the super feared requin was not God mode. I hunted them usually with a privateer just to make proportions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

This whole thread has become absolutely hilarious. 

NPC 1:  DLC ships are OP and cheaty!!!!

NPC 2: DLC ships have become useless.  Why did I buy them?!?

ME:  Meta players are funny.  

I could agree.

Still you could agree that within some weeks with port buffed crafted ship getting bonuses and starting sailing around - with rare woods too, DLCs for sure will be totally not competitive toe to toe vs. similar sized enemies lacking too many stats.

Note: I did not propose to get port bonuses redeeming. Because crafting is really more time consuming.

I just proposed that if I have a DLC I get the ship BP in shipyard too. I can get a (subpar) free ship instant... or I can sail a competitive crafted Rattvisan or Pandora... because, may be I really like to sail that ship.

Is this so game breaking?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

I could agree.

Still you could agree that within some weeks with port buffed crafted ship getting bonuses and starting sailing around - with rare woods too, DLCs for sure will be totally not competitive toe to toe vs. similar sized enemies lacking too many stats.

Note: I did not propose to get port bonuses redeeming. Because crafting is really more time consuming.

I just proposed that if I have a DLC I get the ship BP in shipyard too. I can get a (subpar) free ship instant... or I can sail a competitive crafted Rattvisan or Pandora... because, may be I really like to sail that ship.

Is this so game breaking?

I would be very happy to have the choice to craft the Herc or have the option to just redeem a note for a basic 3/5.  I would choose crafting most times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

I could agree.

Still you could agree that within some weeks with port buffed crafted ship getting bonuses and starting sailing around - with rare woods too, DLCs for sure will be totally not competitive toe to toe vs. similar sized enemies lacking too many stats.

Note: I did not propose to get port bonuses redeeming. Because crafting is really more time consuming.

I just proposed that if I have a DLC I get the ship BP in shipyard too. I can get a (subpar) free ship instant... or I can sail a competitive crafted Rattvisan or Pandora... because, may be I really like to sail that ship.

Is this so game breaking?

Oh, I don't disagree with you at all.....   I think that was a very reasonable request.

But then again, I'm of the firm opinion that ALL ships should have a reasonable chance of victory, with tactics and skill mattering more than meta gear.

I'm far more worried about rebalancing sailing profiles and mods/bonuses to reasonable levels.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Oh, I don't disagree with you at all.....   I think that was a very reasonable request.

But then again, I'm of the firm opinion that ALL ships should have a reasonable chance of victory, with tactics and skill mattering more than meta gear.

I'm far more worried about rebalancing sailing profiles and mods/bonuses to reasonable levels.

Indeed my proposal is based on today level (ports!) potential (full) bonuses.

The previous less chances of better quality ship was totally fine: even a couple mod edge (granted same gear level, not basic crap vs top notch) will not break the battle balance.

But this stacking of mod and investments (+ proposed nerf to mod/book) will make port bonuses central and counter-balance-able for DLCs.

And sincerely, I'm not speaking a lot for myself: Requin is so unique that probably, if properly handled, will be able to maintain a small (smaller and smaller vs. portbuffed Niagaras and Princes for example) niche.
I am really worried more about balanced (or even a bit subpar) ships like the other DLCs.

Even right now a Herc/Pandora have small chances vs a properly handled Surprise.
Which against a 4/4/4/4/4 (and even a few less will not change) port bonus Surp?

Death. Only death.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...