Game-Labs Forum

3 hours ago, Wyy said:

thinking about it maybe, durability wasnt such a bad idea

I really hated durabilities because when you captured a enemy ship it left you with 1/5 of its actual value. Also before DLC ship spam it was much more satisfying and meaningful sinking a good enemy ship instead of only a copy of it. For me personally the removel of durabilities was one of the best changes to the game, I really hated the super mario lives. It was a bit like DLC ships, where loss of ship doesn't matter because the next one is ready but worse because you also had 5 copies of each upgrade...

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Well, I would say no, every time we have to dedicate more time to trade and PvE missions than to combat itself. We'll see if you think the same when you have to start with a cutter and it takes months to have the boat you want.

I'll do tutorial+final exam : i will then get 1 rattlesnake, 1 Hercule + the Pandora DLC, with all these ship around from day 1,  you'll meet much more than basic cutters around unlike last time, and you'll be able to gather CM much more easily than now (with everyone running from fights in fear of facing gank groups of turbo bello / speed vic & super upgraded ships), you'll be able to sell CM at good rate to pver & delivery guys, etc.. You don't want to do pve and delivery, don't do them, if your in a clan someone can probably enjoy doing it from time to time, if not, some random guy in you nation will probbly enjoy touching cm from you..

CM drop rate yet could be increased i admit. Doubloon was enough for rewarding ow activities, medals was not necessary, but a dbls have been made mostly availlable from ai traders, that was not fitting anymore the PvP reward it could have been.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec

So I been working a lot lately and haven't been on much mainly cause I been playing other games too.  The one thing I have found in the last two weeks is that I have lost 6 ships:  L'Ocean, USS United States, Rennomee, LRQ, Indiaman, Herc. 

Of these ships I can replace two of them instantly so it really didn't cost me anything except cannons and mods.   

The Reno I can't replace cause the permit is locked in RNG chest which I haven't had the time to grind out missions to get. 

The USS United States I did get 55851 reals back but that is nothing for a ship that will cost me 5 VM's (I only have three cause I only been to one port battle and didn't make it back to do the last defense for it).  So here I am stuck with only 3 VM's so I can't replace this ship.

The L'Ocean I did get 168336 reals, no where what it's worth when you add up all the permits and doubloons.    I need 50 CM's for a permit...oh guess what in all those battles all I got was one assist and was paid ZERO CM's.   So lets say I'm a typical unlucky US player that gets sunk over and over and over again but never get kills. I'll never have CM marks to replace my ships.

Might as well just sail DLC ships and say screw crafting.  Better yet I might as well just go play a game that doesn't screw over it's causal players to make a few Hard core PvPers happy.  Right now loosing these ships mean nothing for me cause I have 120 other ships between my 5 chars with about half a dozen 1st rates and over a dozen 3rds so I'm set until wipe.   If we where going off after release though I would not have this luck and lets say this was my fleet.  I just now got stuck to only my two DLC ships and hoping I get time to make it to a PvP event or get some luck kills with my 2 hours here and there in the week I can play.    How exactly does this help the average/casuals out and how is crafting some how not DUMB DOWN @admin but instead been made extremely hard and useless.  Do I dare say maybe it cause you don't want any crafting but instead you just want us to buy the over priced DLC instead?Which wouldn't helped me to much on those 6 ships cause I lost 5 of them in the same day. If that was all my ships I would have no more play until 24 hours later if that was an on going thing of me loosing ships daily.

Oh and out of all the ships the trade ship was the easiest to replace.  I hadn't set up my econ since the econ wipe, but within two days I made one to replace the one I lost and was back to being able to make those trade runs if I wanted too.  Reals aren't to much a problem if you just want to AFK sail all day all over the map or do mindless AI grind.  It's the RNG permits and lock wall that we have in crafting that is the major issue.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

I'm also, for all practical purposes, blocked from using the ships I want.

I remember when we didn't go out in anything other than golden ships with the right woods and optimal regional bonus. That got deleted and people whined, but the whining died off eventually.

Today golden ships still exist but remain somewhat rare.

Now the meta and the strongest ships in each class are made rare and people whine. I bet the whining will die off much like it did before as people get used to not always having the best ships available. How terrible.

Want to use a virtually free ship? Craft an Essex.

Have some dubs to spend? Craft an Agamemnon.

Are you a PvP hero? Exchange all your medals for anything you want, probably even an Endy.

Are you an eco powerhouse? Spend all your hyper-inflation reals to get pretty much anything you want.

It's neither here nor there for me. You guys can change it in any direction you like, I'll just roll with it whatever you do.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Either the cost of permits needs to decrease or the current rewards need buffing. Replacing ships currently is simply not worth the time and it'll just drive people from the game. I'm fortunate in that I can, I doubt others will and once they run out of ships they'll simply not bother replacing them and just log off and play another game.

The amount of store ships on sale is a travesty and should be put back to how it was.

I'm afraid allowing everyone to be able to sail and replace the ships they want to sail is not helping with selling more DLC ships...

I was not aware they also reduced store ships... like the NPC ones? Really?

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, Meraun said:

Low Risk? i attack every Player Trader i see and i get attacked by ever Player if iam in a Trader.  I'am not saying tahts a problem its a PvP server. But low risk is defently wrong. After Release, once to Playersnumbers hopefully go up again,  you wont be able to sail a long Trip without beeing attacked. So low risk its not

Yes it is low risk. Unless you are sailing close to land  it is low risk i don't understand your problem in this. I returned to NA this week and decided to try those delivery missions. I made 700k in 2 hours. Quick money & doubloons. The only thing i need to be careful was planning my route to deliver the goods. Sailing far away from the coast, using triangulation to know more or less where i was. Get in ( pick more delivery missions for the return trip ) and get out. And if i was caught and sunk what is the problem? The traders are cheap. You want anything more simple and easier mission than this?

And i want to add that is so simple and easy that i would prefer the devs to add 10% cargo insurance to make things more interesting. You lose the cargo you lose 10% value of the cargo from your pocket. Now this would make the delivery missions more interesting.

Edited by no one

On 4/9/2019 at 4:22 PM, Sento de Benimaclet said:

If you lose an Endymion or indefatigable you don‘t know when you can have another.

This is actually a really big problem that seems to be ignored because everyone has left over ships from before crafting became impossible. When the Christian became "craftable" a few weeks ago, I decided to craft a replacement in case mine ever sunk. Nearly 4 weeks later and I still don't have enough teak or the permit. I probably play an above average amount, and would consider myself a successful "pvper". I have plenty of doubloons and combat metals, yet no access to teak or Christian permits.

I heard via global chat that the Christian permit has a 1/100 RNG drop rate from Admiralty Chests (devs pls correct me if this drop rate is incorrect). If it does take, maybe 50 Admiralty Chests to get a Christian permit, that's 50 pvp missions for me to complete. At 10 ships per mission that is 500 ships sunk in pvp to replace one of my ships. 500 players ships lost for 1 player ship crafted? seems a bit unsustainable.

Now to tie it back to combat metals. The permits should be able to be bought in the shop for combat metals. If the devs want them to be rare, then make them cost more combat metals, but they should at least be available. Actually, I'd go so far as to say they need to be available if the game is supposed to last past the next ship wipe/release.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

This is actually a really big problem that seems to be ignored because everyone has left over ships from before crafting became impossible. When the Christian became "craftable" a few weeks ago, I decided to craft a replacement in case mine ever sunk. Nearly 4 weeks later and I still don't have enough teak or the permit. I probably play an above average amount, and would consider myself a successful "pvper". I have plenty of doubloons and combat metals, yet no access to teak or Christian permits.

I agree. At the moment I believe i will never sail the Christian again, that i will never get the permit. And that is not good. Lower the price of permits, make all ships possible to buy permits for, and keep rare woods scarce.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

I heard via global chat that the Christian permit has a 1/100 RNG drop rate from Admiralty Chests (devs pls correct me if this drop rate is incorrect). If it does take, maybe 50 Admiralty Chests to get a Christian permit, that's 50 pvp missions for me to complete. At 10 ships per mission that is 500 ships sunk in pvp to replace one of my ships. 500 players ships lost for 1 player ship crafted? seems a bit unsustainable.

Now to tie it back to combat metals. The permits should be able to be bought in the shop for combat metals. If the devs want them to be rare, then make them cost more combat metals, but they should at least be available. Actually, I'd go so far as to say they need to be available if the game is supposed to last past the next ship wipe/release.

I would buy you some but I’m not on the friends list for Turn.   Cause I know you prob got the doubloons.  You could always go flip Gran Turk, isn’t it still teak?

Make combat marks and victory marks the universal currency for all ships. All ships should be accessible through combat marks. Lower the price, but keep some ships more rare than others. All should be able to be bought via combat marks, and SOME ships (as today) via victory marks. Keep rare woods as a scarce commodity.

Upgrades can be as they are now or accessible through both marks.

With this you will get a focus on PVP and participation in patrol zone event. All would want to do the events, because you earn a hell a lot. And you can get ships. 

• Like 1

Still not seeing many 1st / 2nd rates player crafted on sale at the busy freeports. This could be down to a number of factors , players not wanting to bother right now (wipes )  , scarcity of materials  .. the list goes on.  We are not seeing enough crafting being done and there is no trickle down effect of 3/5 normals hitting the market either

I'm not a fan of gating permits, fine with making things expensive but RNG can do one ... I could offer 5 mill for a permit I want and there may not even be one on the server ...

Combat medals are for sale , reals are plentiful and doubloons price is rising.  Ships are hard to get , at least the ones the players want to sail, so must be materials. At least you're a decent PVP'er Greg , you will have less trouble than most getting the CM's

Why bother with a paint or flag DLC if you can't put either on the ship you want to sail ....  At least if I knew a Buc permit was available , it would give me a target. Just because I can't get a BUC permit I want, I won't be shopping for DLC's either

Edited by Vizzini
clarity

All lineship permits should be victory marks and available in the admiralty store except for the 3rd rate - which would be a doubloon permit.

As you go from 3rd to 1st - the victory mark cost should be exponalentially more expensive.

As an example -- Bellona costs 7? Pavel costs 12, victory costs 24.

If you want to make some lineships be rng chests only - fine. But some lineships being combat medals and others being victory marks is totally wrong.

18 hours ago, Routan said:

I do have one question for you. A server should have s online player base of around 2000-2500. How many of those players do you think have the same acces to the game, as you have?

I wonder how privileged you think I am?

It sounds like an interesting question, but I don't quite know how to answer.

I have about 3k dubs, 17 CM and only ready access to fir and oak.

(Also keep in mind I'm an arena degenerate and not an eco fan)

29 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

I'm not sure how I could check. I sailed there and couldn't see the missions, probably since it's Prussian. Netlify doesn't say it anymore either.

You can only get teak at Bridgetown now. 350 plus a log (pre-wipe)

Edited by TheLoneWolf

6 hours ago, jodgi said:

I wonder how privileged you think I am?

It sounds like an interesting question, but I don't quite know how to answer.

I have about 3k dubs, 17 CM and only ready access to fir and oak.

(Also keep in mind I'm an arena degenerate and not an eco fan)

I can't get the system to work, and I think I would be considered privileged. I have control of 26 ports, get 10 Vic marks per week, have 140 CM, 100k doubloons, and 15mil reals. I'd say that's more than 90% of players can hope for and it would still take me weeks to replace a teak ship if one of mine sunk, and that's if the permit is in the shop. As far as RNG permits, it's like you said, I'm blocked from using them just like everyone else.

On 4/10/2019 at 1:17 PM, jodgi said:

I'm also, for all practical purposes, blocked from using the ships I want.

If I can't get the system to work with all my resources and experience, then what is a new player supposed to do?

Rare woods need to be way less rare and permits all need to be in the shop for combat metals.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

You can only get teak at Bridgetown now. 350 plus a log (pre-wipe)

I think it is supposed to be permanently in Bridgetown, but there's also supposed to be a second port that makes it, and this second port moves around.

For instance white oak is permanently in New-Orleans, but currently Saint Marys has White Oak delivery missions as well, and when Saint Mary's runs out, it will move somewhere else. However, there is literally no way for anyone who is not pirate to know that Saint Mary's makes white oak. So, I assume the same goes for teak, there's a second port somewhere.

I don't know how this is supposed to promote RVR considering we don't even know where to look.

i can not urge this enough

Looking over the FOrums there past Days has shown taht  pretty much everyone agrees that the combination of rare woods beeing rare as they are PLUS the new permi tcosts are an overkill to all Non-DLC ships.  @admin maybe the Data shows there are pletty Permit Ships still fighting, but this is not beacause we have acees to them, its because players are burning down their Stock!

Suggestion: - Remove all Permits below 3rd Rate (Make 4th Rate Doubloons if you have to?)

-make more Ports dropping   "mid Tier" Woods    (Sabicu, Caguarian, Bermuda)  keep the Top Tiers as ther are to encourage more RvR

-Maybe even remove VM and replace them with CM for big Ships of the line. This woud increase PvP

This woud not hurt the DLC's at all, but woud lead to more Ships, More PvP and more differsitiy in Battles.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

If I can't get the system to work with all my resources and experience, then what is a new player supposed to do?

I simply forget about the things that I'm blocked from, by my refusal to grind appropriately, and use the things that are easy to get.

10 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

I think it is supposed to be permanently in Bridgetown, but there's also supposed to be a second port that makes it, and this second port moves around.

For instance white oak is permanently in New-Orleans, but currently Saint Marys has White Oak delivery missions as well, and when Saint Mary's runs out, it will move somewhere else. However, there is literally no way for anyone who is not pirate to know that Saint Mary's makes white oak. So, I assume the same goes for teak, there's a second port somewhere.

I don't know how this is supposed to promote RVR considering we don't even know where to look.

I know of 3 other white oak ports, and a few teak ports.

So there is more than just 1, but this is only due to a number of people taking a large portion of their gaming time sailing around and finding out. A group effort.

Judging from the estimates - there really aren't enough rare resource ports and they are currently skewed towards the east side of the map. No one from my knowledge has checked the gulf yet.

While i like the clan resources - it hasn't given any extra incentives to go RvR because no one "knows for sure" where they are.

Too expensive, too few, no knowledge. That's what we are left with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meraun said:

make more Ports dropping   "mid Tier" Woods    (Sabicu, Caguarian, Bermuda)  keep the Top Tiers as ther are to encourage more RvR

hello kitty "encourage more RvR". The only way they can move from blatant pay2win through DLC ships to "simply a convenient option to save time spent on eco" as the shills describe the current implementation, is if they make all woods available for harvest in production like fir and oak and also remove permits for all ship below 3rd rates. Let the 1-3 rate permits be the RvR incentive as they should be.

If the intention of DLC ships really is to simply get more players into decent ships easier and faster then there is no good reason to hamper the production of craftable ships artificially at the same time.

• Like 4