Game-Labs Forum
Anolytic

Ships sailing through land - no more

Please post the locations here if you know of places where NPCs are still sailing through land after the 28th of March Hotfix.

I haven’t seen any AI sailing through land recently, though it used to be such a commonplace thing that it is entirely possible that it wouldn’t register with me now even if it happened right in front of me now.

This topic is not only to help devs find and root out all, if any, places where this bug still occurs, but also to give some credit for finally and thoroughly addressing this issue which was so loathed by the community. For all the time that it persisted it was regularly pointed at as a bad mark on the game, yet since it was fixed it is as if nobody ever even noticed it, let alone credit it. 

For all the past negativity, I think this particular bugfix deserves some notice from players.

• Like 14

Neither have I seen bots sailing through land recently. Great job, devs !

• Like 3

Sofar i only saw one Npc sail though the fort island just south of Amalienburg once, but i did make a F11 report about it.

• Like 2

NPC sailed through land directly in front of Amalienborg, have already F11-ed it.

• Like 2

Sooo, we are all set for Player Sent AI Ships?

• Like 4

I saw a trader sort of go over shallow rocks while entering Key West, didn't get OBS up in time to record however.  Might try to sit outside for a while and see if I can watch it happen again.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Please post the locations here if you know of places where NPCs are still sailing through land after the 28th of March Hotfix.

I haven’t seen any AI sailing through land recently, though it used to be such a commonplace thing that it is entirely possible that it wouldn’t register with me now even if it happened right in front of me now.

This topic is not only to help devs find and root out all, if any, places where this bug still occurs, but also to give some credit for finally and thoroughly addressing this issue which was so loathed by the community. For all the time that it persisted it was regularly pointed at as a bad mark on the game, yet since it was fixed it is as if nobody ever even noticed it, let alone credit it. 

For all the past negativity, I think this particular bugfix deserves some notice from players.

Been doing a lot of sailing around the shallows and from what I have seen there, especially around the areas where there are uninhabited islands there has not been any ai ships sailing through land. They do get close to shallow parts still though but that isnt a big deal.

• Like 1

They still are cutting corners where players can't sail. I'm not even bothering to F11 them any more.  In any case, I'm not sure why we should be patting the dev's on their backs for "fixing" something that should have been done years ago, and with any modicum of skill and routing algorithms should have been a one hour job at most?  I mean really, are our standards so low these days?

Posted (edited)

I have seen ships sail close to land or through rocks in the water on the shore. But I have not seen ships go through land since the update. It is very good that this is fixed and GJ devs!

Edited by Ligatorswe
  • Like 1

Captains, there are some cases left, we monitoring the reports, if you face this problem, do not forget to send a F11 report

I had one lodge right in the rocks ...given the circumstances the Ai was under,i would have hid there too..

On 4/8/2019 at 2:10 PM, Capitalism said:

They still are cutting corners where players can't sail. I'm not even bothering to F11 them any more.  In any case, I'm not sure why we should be patting the dev's on their backs for "fixing" something that should have been done years ago, and with any modicum of skill and routing algorithms should have been a one hour job at most?  I mean really, are our standards so low these days?

You really think game development is that simple, don't you. Just hop in the code, change a few things, and poof, magical solution! If it was a simple one hour job, don't you think they would have fixed it long ago? Cmon, man. Use your head and stop being an ass.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

could not find an appropriate forum place so put it here

but i find the wapen of Hamburg a little high on the water 

is this normal of should it be fixed.

A3AE2E27999B7B3494266A3A6B818A5A0CEF508E

1BB6D6CE2C0D77D2E4E1BAF2A10DFA79EC03CFA6 (1920Ã1027)

Edited by Thonys

What no more Ghost Fleets of Bensalem sailing into the cliff face and popping out in the bay on the other side..:)