Game-Labs Forum

Rebalanced Permit Costs

54% of the Ships are behind Permits, wich is fine with me, but in the last Patch, Permit Costs have been massivly increased. For Expample, the Surprise used to be 5 CM. Now its 15 CM. Meanwihle you increased CM gaisn as well. From 5 to 6.... for 20k Damage.

The Permitwall is way to high right now!

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Meraun said:

54% of the Ships are behind Permits, wich is fine with me, but in the last Patch, Permit Costs have been massivly increased. For Expample, the Surprise used to be 5 CM. Now its 15 CM. Meanwihle you increased CM gaisn as well. From 5 to 6.... for 20k Damage.

The Permitwall is way to high right now!

Do you start understanding now?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

With 15 combat medals Surprise is out of game. Only reason for that is, that it should not compete with Pandora, Hermoine or Herc anymore, since players pay for those ships. If they are not OP anymore at least they should not have any competitors in game, that players are unable to replace DLCs.

Problem is I hate nothing more than getting forced into a certain behaviour. This attacks my personnel freedom to decide. So please stop it, if you wanna keep me as a friendly client, who paid 35 € last week for Rattvisan. Still don't have it for my alt, nore do I have Herc, Requin, for my alt, Flags, slots and Hermoine for both accounts. There is still a lot of money you can make, by making me happy.

why would they change the permits if you go ahead and buy the DLC anyway? Why permits cost so much is obvious. You know that perfectly well and by clicking buy on steam you encouraged the high permit costs to stay high. You cannot have a working eco and dlc ships that ignore the eco 80% You need mods and cannons to be fair. You said that yourself on my thread. Don't think you are helping the game by buying more DLC ships. You are not. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Problem is I hate nothing more than getting forced into a certain behaviour. This attacks my personnel freedom to decide

You get my full agreement on this.

22 hours ago, o7Captain said:

What makes Prince de neufchatel so special over Niagara that it costs combat medals ? In my opinion any 5 or 6th rate permit shouldnt cost any combat medal.

Actual for some captains prince used to be endgame content therefore I am fine that she received a special treatment

If you do some basic calculations about combat medal earn rate and ships that have to be sunken to receive new ships of certain classes (1st rates especially) you will get some ridicoulous results without taking into account that you grind can grind medals in PvE. I think medals in PvE are fine.

Furthremore i opened now ~25gold chest since the permit patch and have receiced only one permit of 1st and 2nd rate permit (a buc , hehe). I hope after relase all 3rd rates and higher can be bought with permits so everybody can choose what ship he wants to grind for. 

A post from Admin about the loottables from the chests would be appreciated.....

15 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Actual for some captains prince used to be endgame content therefore I am fine that she received a special treatment

for me the niagara is endgame content, so im not fine the prince have this special treatment :(

1 hour ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Problem is that I think devs are running out of money. At least it sounds like that a lot at the moment. We have to keep the balance in not rewarding them but giving them enough that they can finish this game.

I can not understand why a game which has sold around 150k copies in early access with only 2 programmers working is running out of money.

The question should be answered by developers as it has nothing to do with us customers, and it'is none of our business.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But what I would do;

Run away from P2W content like hell as a developer. When you look at your game you see players from 1k hours to 10k  hours. This is dedication, this is addiction. So why not make the game more enjoyable for current 150k owners, try to keep a high satisfaction ratio, so when game is released you can sky rocket your sales, and as there is a pattern for dedication and addiction = you can keep thousand of players in the game.

Why did some players with thousand of hours left the game, why did they leave bad comments/salt when leaving. This is a bless which you need to understand, if you figure why, you have your key to heaven :) 

So keeping big population at least CONTENT is the key. When you have population, you give them non-P2W dlc, I am very sure most will support and pay.

How the game will be released after developers are satisfied with satisfied customer feedback.

Standart Game ---> Standart Price

Ultimate Game ----> All DLC + plus game map, some books etc. big price with unique collection ship.

Starter Edition -----> Game limited up to 5th rate with limited outpost and dock space. Upgradable to standart edition.

Free edition ------> Upgradable to Starter and Standart edition, limited up to 6th rate with very limited outpost and dock space. May be additional restrictions which do not harm 6th rate pvp/pve experience, giving them enjoyable time, giving them desire to upgrade.

I find starter and free edition to be a must for this game, as it may seem expansive but after trying the game, people would tend to buy it. To lure new players this game really needs to have easy start for beginners and a short scripted safe introduction campaing is a must.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 3

On 4/6/2019 at 6:15 PM, o7Captain said:

What makes Prince de neufchatel so special over Niagara that it costs combat medals ? In my opinion any 5 or 6th rate permit shouldnt cost any combat medal.

Because it's the only ship in a group that can get even close to a DLC Requin's sailing profile. i.e. we need to reduce the availability of anything that can compete with those.