Game-Labs Forum

Just now, Costa de Castilla said:

No, it just stated clearly what the issue with You is.

literally look at the first line of the post, there is the issue. then look at the last line of the post, that may well be the reasoning for the issue.

3 minutes ago, Callaghan92 said:

literally look at the first line of the post, there is the issue. then look at the last line of the post, that may well be the reasoning for the issue.

I don't have trouble reading, I read every line on a post that I am replying too,.. do you?, because if you read what I replied, all of it. You would see that I perfectly understood Your issue.

Edited by Costa de Castilla

7 minutes ago, Callaghan92 said:

the "rat" is an improved wasa class, but yet the wasa is 3rd rate after being nerfed to near enough useless, and the "rat" is a 4th rate

Arh this I can't really agree to. The Wasa has a larger broadside weight, similar speed, similar sailing profile, more armor, more hp, and similar turnrate/manouverability. The rat isn't really an improved version, it's just a slightly nerfed version of the Wasa and honestly in comparison to the aga they are very similar, perhaps with a slight advantage to the aga (since it's prettier and can mount 42pds carros).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Koveras said:

Arh this I can't really agree to. The Wasa has a larger broadside weight, similar speed, similar sailing profile, more armor, more hp, and similar turnrate/manouverability. The rat isn't really an improved version, it's just a slightly nerfed version of the Wasa and honestly in comparison to the aga they are very similar, perhaps with a slight advantage to the aga (since it's prettier and can mount 42pds carros).

not talking in game, talking actual history. The Rat was an Improved-wasa class 3rd rate SOL. Although its good that they have made it balanced while being a 4th rate. But this post was about the L'Hermoine as a DLC, and its cost while being so.

6 minutes ago, Callaghan92 said:

not talking in game, talking actual history. The Rat was an Improved-wasa class 3rd rate SOL. Although its good that they have made it balanced while being a 4th rate. But this post was about the L'Hermoine as a DLC, and its cost while being so.

Well about the rat, that part is true enough.. The L'hermione costs (and the removal from crafting) is what it is.. I don't really have any opinion on that subject other than I dislike that some ships are uncraftable. It becomes a feeding ground for dissent over OP, P2W, and the fact that we already had it as a craftable ship ingame just makes the uncertainty more pronounced, a clear line of thought or strategy regarding DLC ships would be nice so we can manage expectations to the game and DLCs.. I just don't think that anything resembling an announcement of future plans/promises would be well received... for obvious banhammerable reasons...

We were TESTING.  They will be rolling out full release SOON(tm).

It is possible these dlc's are to help fund advertising costs that will equal more purchases of game at release. More purchases mean more population, more RVR, more PVP, more competition, a more vibrant community.

There is a strategy at work for this game to survive or even thrive.  The devs are passionate about Age of Sail, as we all are.  They have created a game that is beautiful, with combat that is engrossing, tense and fun.  This game has its wart and pimples (several players fit into this category with their toxic population destroying behaviour in game).

I have been, and continue to be, highly critical of several dev choices that enhance vets at the expense of newer or less skilled players.  The thing is, I want this game to succeed, and having said that will be purchasing some of the DLC's to help fund advertising for release. 

• Like 2

Dude, you have a point. If you had more taste you wouldn't get banned. There are ways to say things are too expensive without asking if they are on drugs. Just please don't go crying on reddit and say you were censored for having an opinion. Good luck! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jnovotny6 said:

people hate change

people hate bad changes. They love good ones. 

3 hours ago, no one said:

There is another thing i noticed reading other players messages. The "swedish rat" was actually a third rate not fourth. And the devs had promise to never sell third rate and above as premium ships. So they are calling the "rat" a fourth rate and tweaked the stats to be more or less balanced it seems.

before they edited the text

rattvisan.JPG

3 hours ago, Atreides said:

We were TESTING.  They will be rolling out full release SOON(tm).

It is possible these dlc's are to help fund advertising costs that will equal more purchases of game at release. More purchases mean more population, more RVR, more PVP, more competition, a more vibrant community.

There is a strategy at work for this game to survive or even thrive.  The devs are passionate about Age of Sail, as we all are.  They have created a game that is beautiful, with combat that is engrossing, tense and fun.  This game has its wart and pimples (several players fit into this category with their toxic population destroying behaviour in game).

I have been, and continue to be, highly critical of several dev choices that enhance vets at the expense of newer or less skilled players.  The thing is, I want this game to succeed, and having said that will be purchasing some of the DLC's to help fund advertising for release. 

the game has 200k sold steam copies not counting the kickstarters, there is a reason the prime time numbers in total are around 700 players atm, the game has some of the worst retention rates i've been into

• Like 1

i kinda think the dlc ships are priced too cheap  ... you want to play the game lazy put your hand in your pocket