Game-Labs Forum

Reset input controls - workaround for problems with controls e.g. rudder.

Alex B.

• 1 month later...

I have a strange problem with gun decks locking on port side that cant be opened by the "F" keys. Strangely it only occurs when the guns are elevated but not at close range. Attempts to reset the registry have not worked. Any suggestions?

This is due to you putting on guns  like Long Guns and Carronades..the long guns will fire but carronades are X out due to the short range....this is an older post so im sure you have figured it out by now..

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This bug/problem may explain why I am unable to use manual skipper. I have tried unsucessfuly to enter the manual mode many times. However on one occasion (after the 11/15 patch), during a battle I found myself unexpectly in manual mode! the F key did not work so I started draging my finger aross the keyboard until I was returned to auto. About 10 seconds later I was in Manual again so I repeated the process. I tried taping all the keys individually to find the one that worked but no luck.

This has only happened the one time.

I could try cleaning the registry but would I be risking a bigger problem?

Related? In October each time I logged in I had to reconfigure my custom key bindings back to thier previous settings. Some, not all the keys would reset to deault. That problem just went away after a week or so.