Game-Labs Forum
Mr. Doran

Do You Want A Lobby Based NA Back?

Do You Want A Lobby Based NA Back?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want A Lobby Based NA Back? (Sea Trials/NAL)

• Yes
    • No

Bring back NAL? (Probably Re-branded because of WOWS but still right) 

I mean, why not?

Edited by Mr. Doran
  • Like 6

I want either a proper lobby game or a proper sandbox. I don't like the current hybrid genre we currently have. 

• Like 12

YES definitely, but post NA-OW launch and not before.

NA-L style game will need proactive push client interaction from the start. Think Game-Labs have a bit of studying to do first...

Norfolk

I mentioned this on the subreddit but NAL was a great edition that lots of people played but they just didn't maintain it so it died. If they would clean it up, continually support it, I think it might actually be more successful than the OW (as much as I prefer the OW, I still played a lot)

24 minutes ago, Pada said:

Yes. But without forced PVE please.

That makes for some exxxxxxxxxtended matchmaking waits.....

11 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

That makes for some exxxxxxxxxtended matchmaking waits.....

Of course next time we should inform more than just the forum members. 90% of the playerbase never realized Legends was a thing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. Doran said:

Let's call it Sea Trials instead. 

- arena PVP (sea trials) is great

- sandbox PVP/PVE (I'd prefer on the same server, but that's just me) is great.

Two games, two different ways of having fun with sail ships. I think it could be possible having both (if the money is enough to develop both).

I’d like it a lot, but I’m not interested in grinding everything from scratch. The idea of grinding for better guns on a cutter is dreadful.

2 hours ago, Serk said:

I’d like it a lot, but I’m not interested in grinding everything from scratch. The idea of grinding for better guns on a cutter is dreadful.

The grinding model from tier zero to top is not one should that be re-emulated and the gun grind was pure cancer. Instead inspiration should be drawn from other games: 

On 3/10/2019 at 12:53 PM, Mr. Doran said:

If the gameplay and gamemodes are competitive enough the motivation factor should not be an issue. People do not play LoL or DOTA on a near constant basis for the sole purpose of grinding out new champions. Each que should be competitive in a MOBA sense when it comes to relative compatibility  of poundage and rate. What should be avoided is the I-farm-u-u-farm-me type of ques you get in WOTS or WOWS where you can have a massive disparity in power where some people are stuck in the que to be destined to nothing but being farmed. 

On 3/11/2019 at 1:04 PM, Mr. Doran said:

Idiots indeed are a dangerous thing. If we had a 5v5 que that was, for the lack of a better word, marketed as competitive it may cut down on the amount of sheer idiocy. There is an infinite pool of idiots in the MOBAs but the games are marketed and meant to be played competitively.  To such an extent I think even the most brain-dead of players do try to be a non-detriment to their team despite how much they may fail at doing so. The casual grind up from tier one to ten gameplay circuit is definitely a breeding ground for the worst of the worst. Not to say there can't or shouldn't be other ques and types of ques. Even I would be remiss if we didn't have Trafalgar. 

The gameplay should start at frigate level combat; the MC skip in OW exist as such for a reason. It is questionable if there really should be any grinding at all. Just give us all of the ships and throw us into a competitive 5v5 que for instance.  People do not play LoL or DOTA to primarily grind champions but because they are probably addicted to the gameplay like crack; a grindy model should be avoided at all costs. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Doran said:

The grinding model from tier zero to top is not one should that be re-emulated and the gun grind was pure cancer. Instead inspiration should be drawn from other games: 

The gameplay should start at frigate level combat; the MC skip in OW exist as such for a reason. It is questionable if there really should be any grinding at all. Just give us all of the ships and throw us into a competitive 5v5 que for instance.  People do not play LoL or DOTA to primarily grind champions but because they are probably addicted to the gameplay like crack; a grindy model should be avoided at all costs. 

as i had unlocked all ships during ST i reduced my time spend ingame or stopped waiting for new ships to come out. no grind - no play.

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

as i had unlocked all ships during ST i reduced my time spend ingame or stopped waiting for new ships to come out. no grind - no play.

The mentality and the environment that the developers try to instill into the players is what matters. If you set up a grind-based tier system then that is exactly the mentality you are going to be putting people into. If having no grind at all means this mentality can be avoided outright then so be it. All that can be said is that there are a slew of ultra-popular MOBAs where the sole focus of the player's mentality is not trying to grind or obtain more champions. The gameplay, not the "journey" of the grind is what needs to be the focus. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 8:10 PM, Mr. Doran said:

Let's call it Sea Trials instead. 

Sea Trials DLC? The deluxe version to contain Duel Doran and/or Ban Doran for 24 hrs tabs ?!

Just now, Stilgar said:

Sea Trials DLC? The deluxe version to contain Duel Doran and/or Ban Doran for 24 hrs tabs ?!

Yes, but you only get to ban him IF you win the duel.

• Like 1