Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
VALENTI

Ship Request - HMS Bounty, Beagle and Endeavour and Pandora

The ships from the Anatomy of the Ship series

Armed Transport HMS Bounty, converted from the mercantile Bethia.

24 gun Pandora - the ship that was sent after Bounty's mutineers.

James Cook's Endeavour

Survey Ship HMS Beagle - Darwin Voyages.

I would post some links to my Google Drive but the forums don't seem to allow me to paste anything, text, links, or otherwise.  :(  I suspect it's IE and the forum again, I have run into this issue before where it wouldn't let me post links... but I can't remember the work around, and I am not big on using Chrome on this rig.

I just read the book "Mutiny on the Bounty" so ya it would be nice to see the Bounty and the Endeavour in game.

Did you know?

In 1801 HMS Glatton was commanded by Captain Bligh (future commander of the Bounty )
who distinguished himself in the eyes of Nelson.

This was his ship before Bounty, HMS Glatton

56-gun ship built for the East India Company , it was purchased by the Royal Navy in 1795 and converted into a warship. His artillery was composed only of " carronades " - heavy pieces short barrel for close combat and requiring much less gunners to serve them. The " carronades " inflicted terrible damage by sweeping the deck of opposing ship . The French suffered cruelly this English innovation before adopting a few years later .

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2936-hms-glatton-56-guns-tradewar-ship/

Source:

https://sites.google.com/site/maquettesmarineavoile/glatton

Your source has to be wrong:

The famous mutiy occured in 1789, so HMS Glatton was on of Blights commands after HMAV Bounty.

I somehow am unable to post the link to my own soure ( royalnavalmuseum.org ) but the different years sould be prove enough.

Best regards

That's probably right, because Bligh was still only the 1st officer on the bounty (there was no official captain on the bounty even though Blight ook command).