Game-Labs Forum

reopening Battles up again.

We made a Test yesterday against @dron441 (he wasnt pleased)

Following happend:

We were a group of 5 (a Vic, a Wasa, a Indefatigable, Endy and a Santa Cecilla - 4 Russian and one Prussian) A Pirate Player tagged, i think it was our Endy, one of us wihle the other were in a small Battle.  The Santa Cecilla was able to get in wihle the Rest wasnt since the BR was in favor of Russia

Wihle we waited and prepared to intercept any other Priates wich might try to join  the Battle, we wanted to try something:

We sent our Prussian into the Battle on Pirate side in order to open up the Russian side again (And then do nothing). After that, we sent the Vic in the battle on the Russian side. Taht way we were able to break up the BR Limit by using mutiple Nations.

i woud like to mention taht we did not Sink @dron441 since we were merely testing it out.

i dont see a way to reslove this. The lower BR side needs to stay open so it can be reinforced. We wanted to report this here, maybe someone comes up with an Solution

Edited by Meraun
  • Like 3

Nation war/peace status would define who could fight against whom. As long as it's everyone against everyone, you won't solve the problem. Adjusting timers would be just cosmetics to conceal this fundamental problem. 

Thinking about I couldn't come up with a fix to this either. On the other hand I cannot see so much an exploit in this unless you sail around with an alt all the time.

As it was happening right in front of KPR any brit could have joined to battle to open it for the Russian side again and sailing right onto the Russian join circle in the battle instance wasn't the smartest move either. As he knew he engaged a superior force he obviously ignored the risks and expected no one else to join the weak side.

I guess we have to expect "strangers" joining the battle with the new ROE and expect it at any time during the 20 minutes.

Edited by Henry Durnin

3 hours ago, Meraun said:

We sent our Prussian into the Battle on Pirate side in order to open up the Russian side again 

Wasnt there a rule that those who enter a battle must also fight? 

Though that could be difficult to handle - "whoopps i just accidentally shot my whole broadside into the wave - whoops, again"

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

What about only the original battle nations are able to enter ?

e.g. If a Brit attacks a French, only brits and french can enter.

hmm no, i dont like this. It woud mean i cant join if i want to help a Trader from another Nation.

Maybe having Mutliple Nation in it?

10 minutes ago, Henry Durnin said:

Well what if you join miles away? Are you expected to sail for 1h just to try to catch up. There is no mean to see what is happening inside the instance unless you know someone already inside.

I think this is why we haven't tried timer based join distances. At best it's a borderline fake feature that has the potential for excessive amounts of frustration. 

(I'd like it since it adheres to WYSIWYG)

This is what happens when you make it complicated.  The whole concept of leaving battles open so that you can rescue other players is flawed.  In RL if a battle started and there was no one around to join in...that battle was fought to conclusion without interference.  No radio comms to ask for help...no sailing from across the map to rescue...and no magically popping out of one battle and joining another.  If you cant see the swords when the battle begins, you shouldn't be able to join it.  Its an open world in the age of sail. 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Why help a "enemy player" ? See... this is where it starts.

well theres no dedicated in game diplomacy and im ok with that but international collaboration is nothing new to the game and i believe it will continue in the future.

Of course. :) 

I'm a suspect because I rather limit alts full force and provoke some less liberties to honest folk, that's all.

I play honest and do help other nation's buddies.

But going to the extent of using "other nations" to provoke some exploit battle turns my stomach.

So I rather see less liberty at the expense of less BS from metaalts.

18 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I'm a suspect because I rather limit alts full force and provoke some less liberties to honest folk, that's all.

I play honest and do help other nation's buddies.

But going to the extent of using "other nations" to provoke some exploit battle turns my stomach.

So I rather see less liberty at the expense of less BS from metaalts.

We did not have an Alt with us. Just to clearfiy taht.  I know many have Alts some of my buddies included , but personally believe them to be a Big problem and shoud be forbidden.