Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Meraun

Give us Ships Contracts - a Gamechanger for Crafters

@admin

Please let Players place contracts in Ports to buy Ships like we already can do with Ressoruces and other Goods. I craft Ships whenever i can. And Currently i have to announce the Ship in Global Chat or hope taht anyine stumbles over it i  the Freeport  Shop.

If the Players can Place a Contract with the Ship they want, including Woods, Upgrades, Guns and the Prize they are willing to pay in Reals or even Doubloons (Or even PVP and Victory Marks) it woud allow crafters to build exactly taht Ship.

Right now i might build a Ship nobody cares about. And since some Ships need Permits, it a hughe waste of time to build a Indefatigable with the Wrong type of Woods. Wich is alway a matter of Opinion.

This woud skyrocket PvP and  Crafting, because Players woud be able to Pay  , for example, in PvP Marks and Reals, allow Crafter to get PvP Marks without spending too much with PvP  (If they dont want to)

• Like 31

11 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Crafting is not really happening due to the costs of woods so it wont change much.

Negativ as usual

why? I craft Ships with Mahgony and Bermuda Cedar, plus some Saibcu if i get my hands on it. i pay 20ish Reals per Unit. This isnt too  much.  Fir and Oak are all over the Map anyway. i dont think there is a Problem with Cost's.

I like taht White Oak, Teak and Live Oak are so rare  these days. it makes those ships imporant. People need to get away from their "i only craft Woods i like" Whining.

You gotta work with waht you have. And the People will have to Sail waht we can craft.

Edited by Meraun

Get out there, sink other players, get permits.

Go out with your clan, conquer ports, get the woods you want.

Crafting in the war server in a nutshell.

Fact.

25 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Fact.

Force players into specific gameplay loops and lose the players.

Fact.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Fact.

RANT/ ATTEMPT TO SHUT UP OTHERS REMOVED.

• Like 7

I can not accept and can not understand why we do not have these kind of features in this game ! 

Funny that we still try here with these kind of hundreds of logical suggestions and inprovements which each of them having potential to be great additions/contents to the game.

9 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Fact.

@Hethwill@admin My Suggestions goes nowhere against this "nutshell". It woud be a tool to make live easier for everyone wihle increase PvP even more. Its not about getting the Woods or the PvP Marks. Its just about Building the Ship the Players want for PvP.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wyy said:

if you dont have anything constructive towards the suggestion other then telling people how to play the game, being arrogant and trying to get the thread off topic and toxic i would suggest you to think twice before you click the "submit reply" button, and you Hethwill as a mod should know all this above all other forum user.

Forum rules define what you can and cannot say.
Volunteer mods are players doing this for free. You want tell others what to say and what to not say do it in private in a friendly manner. 
If the post breaks rules report it. If it does not break rules you must  shut up and let them talk.

16 hours ago, Meraun said:

@admin

Please let Players place contracts in Ports to buy Ships like we already can do with Ressoruces and other Goods. I craft Ships whenever i can. And Currently i have to announce the Ship in Global Chat or hope taht anyine stumbles over it i  the Freeport  Shop.

We have no resources for new features: there are 2 programmers who are working on this list:
https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/27651-development-plans-update-1-half-of-2019/

It maybe done after release if game sells well and if reviews start going up after the release wipe (or earlier)

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, admin said:

We have no resources for new features: there are 2 programmers who are working on this list:
https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/27651-development-plans-update-1-half-of-2019/

It maybe done after release if game sells well and if reviews start going up after the release wipe (or earlier)

in that case, im hope you add it to your "after release" to do list 🙂

11 hours ago, Meraun said:

Negativ as usual

why? I craft Ships with Mahgony and Bermuda Cedar, plus some Saibcu if i get my hands on it. i pay 20ish Reals per Unit. This isnt too  much.  Fir and Oak are all over the Map anyway. i dont think there is a Problem with Cost's.

I like taht White Oak, Teak and Live Oak are so rare  these days. it makes those ships imporant. People need to get away from their "i only craft Woods i like" Whining.

You gotta work with waht you have. And the People will have to Sail waht we can craft.

A search for a mahogany sabicu Surprise will not be the ship you'll find in your ship contract list. You might sell it to players who urgently need a ship. Players who try to win a fight won't be your clients though.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

if game sells well and if reviews start going up after the release wipe (or earlier)

I feel like hoping and waiting is not enough. I can understand your game engine is a bit difficult to programe, wish it was easier, so you could keep adding  small nice additions easly, cause these small things are good content and will help the game to get higher ratings.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Fact.

Teak and Live Oak ports have night timers. Go get people to get up in the middle of the night twice to conquer them. Much easier to buy a french alt. Live Oak is sold for 250 right now, due to little supply in San Augustin.

1 hour ago, Meraun said:

@Hethwill@admin My Suggestions goes nowhere against this "nutshell". It woud be a tool to make live easier for everyone wihle increase PvP even more. Its not about getting the Woods or the PvP Marks. Its just about Building the Ship the Players want for PvP.

If you wanna craft them for players, you have to organize the woods they want and the permits you need. I don't have seen your name in the bidder list for WO. And I hardly can imagine that you're willing to spend the combat medals you earn for other players favorite ships.

13 minutes ago, admin said:

Are you currently taking a online Public Relations course? That might help stop the negativity. 

Btw, my review is still positive, and always has been. I just know the way people are treated on forums has heavily contributed to the negative reviews. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

A search for a mahogany sabicu Surprise will not be the ship you'll find in your ship contract list. You might sell it to players who urgently need a ship. Players who try to win a fight won't be your clients though.

i just gotta work with waht i got.

i build Mahogany/Bermuda Cedar Surpire. And Mahogany/Sabicu Essex. It sells. People needs Ships to lose 🙂

31 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

If you wanna craft them for players, you have to organize the woods they want and the permits you need. I don't have seen your name in the bidder list for WO. And I hardly can imagine that you're willing to spend the combat medals you earn for other players favorite ships.

I dont see waht this has to do with the possibility of Placeing Shipscontract

(Iam not sure, but arent Combatr Marks tradable anyway?)

48 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Are you currently taking a online Public Relations course? That might help stop the negativity. 

Btw, my review is still positive, and always has been. I just know the way people are treated on forums has heavily contributed to the negative reviews. 

this is an off topic issue that could be discussed in a separate section (like forum improvements).