Game-Labs Forum

Bottles and why we cant choose what to pick

Ligatorswe

1 hour ago, Ligatorswe said:

Ok, I should have taken a larger ship. But now i did not.

But the question is why we cannot use the same method as when we loot ships. Click X and pick what we want.

Bottle.jpg

why are you not taking a bigger ship? Or just a trader brig?

Take all or nothing.

Edited by Salty Sails

42 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Yes please....especially with most of the crap on these ships are crap. We should be able to see the list when clicking Explore and take only what we want. @admin

could you post a screenshot of your shipwreck with full of crap?

i never found such a ship.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Salty Sails said:

It's right there in the screenshot.. Teak logs and Spanish square sails. Enable fishing and hope to catch a bottle with a location of such a ship wreck.

Edited by Capitalism

37 minutes ago, Salty Sails said:

I was a bit harsh with "crap", but I'd still prefer to pick and choose what I'd like to take. Next bottle I get I will post, but it could be awhile considering the rarity of bottles. heh

1 minute ago, mikawa said:

You should sail out in a big trader so that privateers like me could cap you 😉

If you can choose you just would sail out in a cutter I guess ....

And dont put cannons on your big tradership, you never know, if your hold is big enough to loot your shipwracks, right?

• Like 1

Once a shipwreck is located,  a captain needs permission from the admiralty to salvage her.  The salvage authority requires that the captain take all of the material that can be saved.  Captains without a big enough ship can open  the next bottle and hope for a smaller find, or they can work with other captains and 'borrow' ship with a larger hold, or they can buy a ship  that holds more cargo.  Or cap an NPC that holds more cargo.

Lots of options.

Basic solution is, shipwreck functions as temporary fleet ship or outpost. So you can use it like your fleet ship or an outpost, once ship wreck hold is open, you can select what to take just like putting stuff to your fleet ship, and once you select accept, shipwreck is lost. This should be easy to implement I guess, your fleet ship hold is there, not a big coding thing I guess.

Captains, there is no bug, please use appropriate forum section to propose gameplay suggestions. At the moment you have to collect the whole loot from wreck at once by design. Trader brig and traders above are a better choose if you want to be sure you will be able to pick all the loot at once.