Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming patch info

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

As there is no solution in view to solve the rvr that should be the number one priority right now to bring back the population on the war server and insure the long term success of the release.

Even with new impulses for RvR it will remain mostly dead unitl release. I can only speak for the situation in GB but at least there most of the active PvP/RvR players (~90% of HAVOC, SNOW, FENIX and other clans) are basically in hibernation unless really important ports are attacked...
People lose their ambitions once they know that their accomplishments will be wiped. Not a statement against wipes. They are neccessary in testing. Just a fact of human nature I guess...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, admin said:

Patch will be deployed this or beginning of next week. 


Preliminary info on important contents.

  • Finalization of battle rewards (properly calculated even if you switch ships to avoid players losing marks if they switched to enemy ship and later sank it)
  • Bot fixes
    • Almost all bot routes through land will be fixed
    • NPC hugging will be fixed - bots will always fire if they have a shot. 
    • NPC reload freezes will be fixed
  • Crafting rebalance ( @Coco patch)
    • Crafting levels will be changed (there will be only 7 ranks) and thresholds rebalanced
  • Former free towns will be added to nearby counties.
    • This will cause the reposition of standard resources in those counties
      • Building wipe will be required
  • Additional PVP upgrades for the admiralty.
  • Group missions will return
  • Delivery missions will be adapted to allow players to make some money on short term r
  • Final pre-release DLCs will be added (when valve approves the pages)
    • L'Hermione - french concorde class frigate
    • Rattvisan (Ретвизан) 24lb gun forth rate
    • Pandora might get in as well.

We will try hard to push port management into the build but it is looking unlikely. Port investments allowing expansion of resources will be deployed in the hotfix if this feature does not get in with patch.


 

Point-for-point response. Since we have to be clear here.

1. Finalization for battle rewards -- Does this also include higher rewards? currently NPC sinking rewards are really low compared to other forms of income

2.Bot Fixes -- good, good, good.

3. Crafting Rebalance -- Meh, it seems interesting how we had crafting this way for 2 years and for 2 years it was the same - that most XP came from t lynx and only now we are changing it. But alright seems fine.

4. Former Freetowns -- I wrongly assumed this meant new freetowns, to which I was happy. Seeing as how i got ahead of myself and this means no new freetowns, but rather former towns now being part of crafting. Eh - whatever. Having to have a building wipe is expected.

5. Additional PvP upgrades in admiralty -- really? It's not already enough that winners win more? I'd much have preferred a look at why players use certain mods and other mods are considered trash.

6. Group Missions -- Thank you, I hope they live up to what they were before taking them away.

7. Delivery Missions -- Sounds good

8. DLC Ships
Hermione - Meh fine, not bad
Rattvi -- Meh, concerning
Pandora -- seems whatever - we knew it was coming

9. Future Port Management -- I eagerly await this, but I am cautious because of how many times things seem to just get mucked up and become irritating.

Overall?

Patch is fine, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I believe the base speeds of the Connie is actually a bit lower than that of the Bellona even with same woods.  If not, it’s very close and negated with mods. 

checked https://na-map.netlify.com/ connie has 0.3 kn more, higher acceleration and better upwind sailing profile, bellona also have a bigger square sails which pushes it more backwards when tacking and of course it depends on the skill of the captains on the ships, a teak teak connie can be deadly fast catching most frigates :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Finalization for battle rewards -- Does this also include higher rewards? currently NPC sinking rewards are really low compared to other forms of income

PVP rewards still seem quite low.  I got two permits for a Captains chest.  If you sink 10 players, I would have hoped for more.  At least a ship note...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Routan said:

And if you think of WO as a cheap wood, I do think you are one of the few in this game.

You misunderstood the example. I give you an other one. Given that teak frame and WO planking is the meta and given that teak costs 50k D and WO costs 50k D, witch one is cheaper? Refering to your post your answer would be: They both cost 50k so they are both expensive. That is wrong. E.g. for a 3—4th rate you need about 3000 teak and 300 WO. So to build a meta ship, WO is 10 times cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Archaos said:

The problem is you have not created the correct market place for ships, as crafters we cannot put on sale unlimited ships in multiple ports, there is no system where someone can place an order for a ship in a certain port that can be seen by everyone in nation no matter which port they are in. Even if someone had the materials and dock space to craft that ship but they already had all their ship sale slots full it would cost them money to remove a ship from sale. Also the problem with building a ship off spec is that due to the multiple wood choices you may not craft the ship they require, if I am looking for a Teak/White Oak Cerberus I am not going to consider a Live Oak/White Oak one.

Create the marketplace and ship crafting will become a useful profession in the game. But in order to do that you have to open up the availability of crafting permits for the ships that people want so the crafters can make them. Currently you are killing crafting by increasing DLC ships, hiding permits behind RNG PVP activities and restricting the availability of the preferred woods.

Thank you! This so much. Of course DLC ships are the after effect of a somewhat gimped free market, everything from building limits to ships slots prevent the mass production market from forming. The problem being ship market being very barren,to the point where you cannot find ships consistently even in the largest ports. The percieved solution being DLC ships, sort of a defeatist solution if you ask me, or maybe a poor observation of the problem by the developer. Either way welfare ships will definitely not improve the ship market, most likely  DLC ships will continue to undercut crafters, making the game more and more pay-to-play.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 4:05 AM, admin said:

So if we change rate and keep the stats suddenly it will become ok? Classes are irrelevant after localization as we will change the classes based on the modified late british system

Incase anyone’s interested in what the late British system was...

third rate included all the rest of HM's royal yachts and "all such vessels as may bear the flag of pendant of any Admiral Superintendent or Captain Superintendent of one of HM's Dockyards", and otherwise comprised all ships carrying at most 80 guns but not less than 60 guns

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Archaos said:

The problem is you have not created the correct market place for ships, as crafters we cannot put on sale unlimited ships in multiple ports, there is no system where someone can place an order for a ship in a certain port that can be seen by everyone in nation no matter which port they are in. Even if someone had the materials and dock space to craft that ship but they already had all their ship sale slots full it would cost them money to remove a ship from sale. Also the problem with building a ship off spec is that due to the multiple wood choices you may not craft the ship they require, if I am looking for a Teak/White Oak Cerberus I am not going to consider a Live Oak/White Oak one.

Create the marketplace and ship crafting will become a useful profession in the game. But in order to do that you have to open up the availability of crafting permits for the ships that people want so the crafters can make them. Currently you are killing crafting by increasing DLC ships, hiding permits behind RNG PVP activities and restricting the availability of the preferred woods.

@admin he nailed it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sveteran said:

checked https://na-map.netlify.com/ connie has 0.3 kn more, higher acceleration and better upwind sailing profile, bellona also have a bigger square sails which pushes it more backwards when tacking and of course it depends on the skill of the captains on the ships, a teak teak connie can be deadly fast catching most frigates :)

Fair enough... I guess. I guess you’re just luckier than I am. My teak/teak one was  not very good at catching much and wasn’t able to get away from 3 speed-capped Bellonas.  But oh well.  Mods, I guess.  

O7

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

You misunderstood the example. I give you an other one. Given that teak frame and WO planking is the meta and given that teak costs 50k D and WO costs 50k D, witch one is cheaper? Refering to your post your answer would be: They both cost 50k so they are both expensive. That is wrong. E.g. for a 3—4th rate you need about 3000 teak and 300 WO. So to build a meta ship, WO is 10 times cheaper.

No it is not cheaper, you dont use as much. But what if I wanted a Wo/Wo ship and not a teak/Wo. Then I would need 3300 Wo and 0 teak. So how much more would Wo be with your example. Well I can multiply with 0. So lets just set teak to 1. Then Wo would be 3300 more expensive. 

But he has a point in that,  if ofc you have acces to the woods, can make a decent ship cheaper than a teak/teak ore Teak/Wo. Proberbly not as good, but who cares. Guess somebody does since woods should be part of making ports valuable again.

Edited by Routan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Meraun said:

@admin he nailed it.

He has the point if we assume an interesting, deep, amazing hauling game - Euro truck ship sim 3, that EVERYONE wants to participate in.

But our amazing and exciting hauling mini game is getting nerfed.
Clans doing port investments will remove hauling of standard resources for themselves, or their friend list or whole nation (their choice). 

 

As a result he is mistaken. Because he thinks DLC owners will still play and happily haul.  
Players who do not want to haul chose DLC ships VS chose not to play at all.

  • Choosing DLC ships keeps some crafting (need repairs, need guns, need mods). DLC ships also kill ships sometimes (which also require crafting of repairs, mods, and sometimes even ships). 
  • Choosing not to play removes ALL that demand. And removes crafted ship destruction.
    During the last data check on DLC vs normal ships 11000 battles were generated with DLC ships and 3000 DLC ships sank (before the damage model change they had the worst survivability, worser than a brig). Why? Because people love action and losing ships sometimes is part of it.

Higher class ships will further increase the demand for consumables and guns and will sink MORE crafted ships to replace them. And the profession does not change really, as people will still want niagara, surprises, indefatigables and heavy lineships. + more consumables will be needed due to more battles happening.

Now.. what he is offering by "nailing it"? His proposal is to remove 11000 battles and 3000 pvp kills for others. or to not add MORE battles. Because DLC ship buyers will then chose to NOT PLAY at all.  

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

But hauling is getting nerfed.
Clans doing port investments will remove hauling of standard resources for themselves, or their friend list or whole nation (their choice). 

This sounds like a game for only the big clans.  Can I craft my own ships as a solo player?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe that someone can defend P2W. There's a reason why reviews are mostly negative on steam and new P2W ship is not going to help

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, admin said:

Yes. Some players believe that data resets should always be unannounced. But this theory needs testing. Would you volunteer your account for such sudden wipe?

Yes, go ahead for my account if you want to test. In game name is Suppenkelle, Swedish nation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

This sounds like a game for only the big clans.  Can I craft my own ships as a solo player?

Yes.
But Nelson did not craft his ships solo, why should you?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin said:

Yes.
But Nelson did not craft his ships solo, why should you?

Actually we are all mostly privateers, paying for, or building our ships, but not naval officers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zoky said:

I can't believe that someone can defend P2W. There's a reason why reviews are mostly negative on steam and new P2W ship is not going to help

that was a theoretical answer to a silly question from a user who do not like our advance announcements but yet in other posts blames us for lack of communication. 

Wipes should always be announced in advance as majority of people do not like surprises like this.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, admin said:

He has the point if we assume an interesting, deep, amazing hauling game - Euro truck ship sim 3, that EVERYONE wants to participate in.

But our amazing and exciting hauling mini game is getting nerfed.
Clans doing port investments will remove hauling of standard resources for themselves, or their friend list or whole nation (their choice). 

 

As a result he is mistaken. Because he thinks DLC owners will still play and happily haul.  
Players who do not want to haul chose DLC ships VS chose not to play at all.

  • Choosing DLC ships keeps some crafting (need repairs, need guns, need mods). DLC ships also kill ships sometimes (which also require crafting of repairs, mods, and sometimes even ships). 
  • Choosing not to play removes ALL that demand. And removes crafted ship destruction.
    During the last data check on DLC vs normal ships 11000 battles were generated with DLC ships and 3000 DLC ships sank (before the damage model change they had the worst survivability, worser than a brig). Why? Because people love action and losing ships sometimes is part of it.

Higher class ships will further increase the demand for consumables and guns and will sink MORE crafted ships to replace them. And the profession does not change really, as people will still want niagara, surprises, indefatigables and heavy lineships. + more consumables will be needed due to more battles happening.

Now.. what he is offering by "nailing it"? His proposal is to remove 11000 battles and 3000 pvp kills for others. or to not add MORE battles. Because DLC ship buyers will then chose to NOT PLAY at all.  

 

By that logic why not make all ships (excluding 3rd rates and up, apparently that's a promise) DLC ships as well? We're already walking down that road so why not just embrace the darkside of the cookie...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin said:

Yes.
But Nelson did not craft his ships solo, why should you?

Because he was an actual Admiral and i'm playing a game (that I enjoy).  I hate to see it turning into a two (or more) tier system where some players have everything and others are poor.  I feel like you are making it more difficult to put ships in OW here.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

Actually we are all mostly privateers, paying for, or building our ships, but not naval officers

Not quite but similar.
East India was a private company and built their own vessels. Same here. Clans are private companies who build empires.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, admin said:

Yes. Redeemable every x hours

Answering @Anolytic question too. 
There were proposals and discussions to move the DLC ships to permits, but they were dropped because main reason people purchase those ships is to speed up access to pvp/pve without the need for hauling. Port investments will also allow crafters to remove/reduce hauling. 

One thing that isn't fair about the Redeemables is that you have to buy them to play the shp.  The LRQ is such a unique ship it's used a lot in PB's and other things and there is no in game version of it that isn't paid DLC.  One way to help fix this and not have certain ships hiden behind a P2W wall is that these ships BP's should be able to gain in game.   Maybe have them in the admiralirty shop for purchase for a lot of doubloons/CM's/VM's.   That way you can craft them instead of buying the DLC.   You also once mention they will have notes in loot box's, which is good too.   How about when we finish the final exam we get the BP for the Herc.   Would be a good start.  The other thing is Notes/Redeemabels should only give chancec at 3/5 ships.  Any thing better should only be gained through crafting.  That will give folks a reason to craft ships instead of just buying DLC's and using only them.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, admin said:

Yes.
But Nelson did not craft his ships solo, why should you?

IT IS A VIDEO GAME.  Why am i not getting drowned each time i get ganked in NA? 

Let's be consistent. Or dont. Just release the game from Early access and than create more dlc's. Unless you dont care about backlash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, admin said:

 

  • Choosing DLC ships keeps some crafting (need repairs, need guns, need mods). DLC ships also kill ships sometimes (which also require crafting of repairs, mods, and sometimes even ships). 
  • Choosing not to play removes ALL that demand. And removes crafted ship destruction.
    During the last data check on DLC vs normal ships 11000 battles were generated with DLC ships and 3000 DLC ships sank (before the damage model change they had the worst survivability, worser than a brig). Why? Because people love action and losing ships sometimes is part of it.

Higher class ships will further increase the demand for consumables and guns and will sink MORE crafted ships to replace them. And the profession does not change really, as people will still want niagara, surprises, indefatigables and heavy lineships. + more consumables will be needed due to more battles happening.

Now.. what he is offering by "nailing it"? His proposal is to remove 11000 battles and 3000 pvp kills for others. or to not add MORE battles. Because DLC ship buyers will then chose to NOT PLAY at all.  

 

so of 11,000 battles that were generated and 3,000 DLC ships sank leading you to believe their survivability is worse than a brig.

Can I ask how many brigs were sailed by players in those 11,000 battles?

Of course if a ship sinks more than another ship the Data "suggests" it's worse. BUT you can't only look at sinking, you have to also look at how many times a ships is used.

if a Hercules is used 50% of the time in those 11,000 battles and the Brig is used for 1% of those times then that should be like a red-alert to you that people don't sail the Brig for a reason. you can find it out I guess. Or I could tell you people don't sail it because it loses in the shallows to the other ships.

it goes back to other points that I have made.

Why would I ever sail a Brig or Mercury when I can just redeem a Herc or Requin that would always beat these ships in the shallow water area?

EDIT: Heck with Cerbs, Surprises, Renos in the shallows - there is even less reason for a player to sail in a 6th rate when they straight up can't compete.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, admin said:

Not quite but similar.
East India was a private company and built their own vessels. Same here. Clans are private companies who build empires.
 

And they built them for profits and trading, not for war at sea. So most players will be seeking for easily winning actions with maximum profits and minimum losses. Just as in reality. So fast, lightly built and heavily armed redeemable 4th rate (of rare woods) is most likely possible to rule the sea, escaping from heavier and stronger ships and catching most frigates.

That's the main problem and concern, I think, as the stats are still unknown and there are examples of Hercules and Le Requin

Edited by Malcolm3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, manuva85 said:

IT IS A VIDEO GAME.  Why am i not getting drowned each time i get ganked in NA? 

Sorry, but your ITS A GAME statement is not relevant to games keeping some content behind group activities.
You cannot get high end BOP gear if you don't group up EVEN In casual World of Warcraft. No chance - you must raid with others.

Unlike WOW you can do everything solo (it is just slower). Want it faster? Join the company. Wars were not fought alone. Or steal from others. All ships can be captured from players with 0 crafting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...