Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming patch info

6 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Out of all the ships in game, thats the one that SHOULD be.  But at the moment, based on the criteria @Hullabaloo laid out, it certainly is not.  

Connie needs a base speed buff, IMO.

I agree with speed buff but her armor HP is alittle too high plus she sits too high in water in my opinion

9 minutes ago, Sveteran said:

the connie is a frigate predator, its a reason the RN didnt engange the USS Connies without number advantage, and its a reason why the USS Frigates stayed away from SoLs

Agreed, but thats not the case in game, currently.  It cant catch most frigates and it cant (and shouldn't) fight SOL's...  In fact, it cant even outrun some SOL's in game.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Quite a good approach. I like it.

I don't.

12 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Paid for x...now have y.

Just don't forget that many complained about x and are now happy we have y. I have herc and I'm happy it's been taken down a notch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Agreed, but thats not the case in game, currently.  It cant catch most frigates and it cant (and shouldn't) fight SOL's...  In fact, it cant even outrun some SOL's in game.

Couldn't keep up with a squadron consisting of Bellonas, Bucentaures and Christians. :) Was entertaining seeing them have to go half sail for me to catch up. Separation rate was just beyond ridiculous, but i bet on mods and all other janky stuff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jodgi said:

I have no idea as I never play bad games. I know of three longtime running sub games: WoW, EVE and Aces High, though I've steered well clear of the two first. I've never played any F2P games that are not still running year after year either. Then there's NA which I hold in highest regard over WoT and up there with Aces High (though WoT's pvp-on-demand-all-day-every-day is so alluring I still get tricked into bed).

So you play a sub game because its good and you enjoy it, so the question has to be, would you pay a sub to play NA?

You admit that WoT costs much more than NA in terms of DLC but yet it hooks you because of the PvP on demand, but NA is not the sort of game that lends itself well to PvP on demand (NAL was that way) and efforts to introduce PvP on demand by means of the PZ's has been a bit hit and miss, with lots of complaints about the RoE and ganking, and the ones where cheap store bought ships can be used being more popular that the others.

1 minute ago, jodgi said:

Just don't forget that many complained about x and are now happy we have y. I have herc and I'm happy it's been taken down a notch.

And many are unhappy.  I'm not disagreeing that it's where it's supposed to be now.  I'm saying that it's not what I bought.  With the new DLCs coming, I'm hoping that they advertise accurately what you will be getting and that it remains at that level throughout.

• Like 1

I've read a lot of comments and most of focus seems to be on the performance of DLC ships or how often they will be used in RvR. Those are valid fears, but tbh none of them is disturbing me too much.  The issue i see with those dlc's is access. You pay to be able to get free ship each day, and it;s main reason is fighting gear fear.

Fear of losing your ship, emptying your stocks and being forced into stocking up period/the grind oh the grind/ is what is responsible for cancer of players behaviour on the OW. The ganking, the underhanded tactics all caused by fear of possibility of loss. 

I've been playing and than spectating NA for a long time and this was single most importent issue he devs had to tackle to create working mmo ow game. But instead of working on this issue they decided to monetize on it. This is why i have issues with DLC ships. Now there is no way devs will even atampt to fix situation that is responsible for dlc sales. We even had admition by admin that ppl buy those ships for access so we will have 4th rate aviable daily to those that wants to pay more. 

I would have no isssue if NA was a free game with added monetization, than i would have no issues that basic product is broken and you are fixing it by dlc's. But we payed for NA , hence i want my basic product that i already payed for enjoyable and working. Without need to buy extra dlc's.

TLDR DLC ships are used as second/third chance ships not as premium pvp ships.

Edited by manuva85
spelling and giggles
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

would you pay a sub to play NA?

Sure, but it won't happen. Oh, if I had to sub and still would have to eco to get ships (like EVE?) I'm not sure I would be able to take the eco abuse.

5 minutes ago, Archaos said:

NA is not the sort of game that lends itself well to PvP on demand

I disagree. I think NA first and foremost lends itself to PvP-on-demand. I view eco as a malicious growth on a beautiful thing ;)

46 minutes ago, Neads O'Tune said:

Because you have a silly habbit of announcing upcoming wipes FAR too soon in advance and a lot of the crafters have just stopped playing until post wipe. They don't see the point in stock piling resources and money for it to be wiped in a couple of months.

41 minutes ago, admin said:

Yes. Some players believe that data resets should always be unannounced. But this theory needs testing. Would you volunteer your account for such sudden wipe?

Disregarding the juvenile jibe at Neads O'Tune, I'd like to point out that crafters left because there's nothing to craft. No one in their right mind will buy an oak/oak ship and since a lot of the ships are tied to permits i.e. forcing players into specific actions negating the entire point of a MMO sandbox, there's not many willing to spend the hours to craft either.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Sure, but it won't happen. Oh, if I had to sub and still would have to eco to get ships (like EVE?) I'm not sure I would be able to take the eco abuse.

I disagree. I think NA first and foremost lends itself to PvP-on-demand. I view eco as a malicious growth on a beautiful thing ;)

Which is why NA legends was such a huge succes.......

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Archaos said:

So you play a sub game because its good and you enjoy it, so the question has to be, would you pay a sub to play NA?

You admit that WoT costs much more than NA in terms of DLC but yet it hooks you because of the PvP on demand, but NA is not the sort of game that lends itself well to PvP on demand (NAL was that way) and efforts to introduce PvP on demand by means of the PZ's has been a bit hit and miss, with lots of complaints about the RoE and ganking, and the ones where cheap store bought ships can be used being more popular that the others.

Such events as front line, marathon and referral program allow you to get for free VIII tier premium tanks in WOT.

Edited by qw569
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

the problem i see it is that it has over 30% more hp then the 4th rate sols, it should be classified as a light 4th rate with more hp then indef and lower hp then the 3 decked 4th rates. Which sol is it it cant outrun? (i understand if you compare a fir fir bellona vs lo wo connie though)

5 minutes ago, Koveras said:

Which is why NA legends was such a huge succes.......

Dont be too harsh here. I will defend NA legends.

Just imagine it with decent matchmaking and lobby system. Take out those dumb bots that were always spawning , no matter if you wanted them or not and we might get a good arena game. Bcs w/e devs gave us to test was disapointing at least. 

• Like 3

In my modest opinion, war server needs just a few little tweaks (that should not even imply too much effort in term of new content) to attract at launch - and retain - some more players (namely the ones that are not 100% hardcore pvp)

- more mid tier enemy NPCs in the OS (mainly alone traders and 5th rates) also near starting zones (this because I read that reinforcements zones will be eliminated)

- better payoff for mid/short trade runs (and this seems to have been already addressed by next patch, as far as I am reading, even though it's not clear how high - and, thus, effective - will be the increase in next patch)

- at least one ship per tier (and eventually the sturdiest one) whose permit is sold in the admiralty shop (and then not RNG depending)

- an exchange system between doubloons and combat/conquest marks and rare resources (as it is in peace server, but eventually with higher exchange rates).

4 minutes ago, Sveteran said:

the problem i see it is that it has over 30% more hp then the 4th rate sols, it should be classified as a light 4th rate with more hp then indef and lower hp then the 3 decked 4th rates. Which sol is it it cant outrun? (i understand if you compare a fir fir bellona vs lo wo connie though)

I believe the base speeds of the Connie is actually a bit lower than that of the Bellona even with same woods.  If not, it’s very close and negated with mods. 

22 hours ago, admin said:
  • Former free towns will be added to nearby counties.
    • This will cause the reposition of standard resources in those counties
      • Building wipe will be required

I don't understand what will happen with this part here. I saw in the discussion that La Nav was mentioned and I have a lot of stuff in there. So what will happen to me (brit), my buildings and my clan warehouse at La Nav after the update?

Just now, Zlatkowar said:

I don't understand what will happen with this part here. I saw in the discussion that La Nav was mentioned and I have a lot of stuff in there. So what will happen to me (brit), my buildings and my clan warehouse at La Nav after the update?

Nothing.  It just gets made part of the “county” With the ports around it. 

2 minutes ago, Zlatkowar said:

So what will happen to me (brit), my buildings

Building wipe will be required

( as posted in the opening post )

Just now, Vernon Merrill said:

Nothing.  It just gets made part of the “county” With the ports around it.

The building wipe will hurt anyone who crafts there.

• Like 1

There we go again with the wipes... ( yes, they are coming, so no novelty nor drama faces needed )

Let me point you the way to the correct format as posted by Game Labs Admin

On 2/26/2019 at 10:54 PM, admin said:

Hello Captains

This is an advance warning on the turbulent 1-2 months ahead of us.

In the next patch we will introduce significant changes to trading, damage model, mission distribution, port importance to clans, and ROE. As we are getting closer and closer to the release candidate the game will require several wipes (acc resets) during this pre-release preparation in areas most affected by the changes.

First wipe will happen next week (from 4th to 8th March) 

(...)

Additional pre-release resets/wipes if needed will be announced in the future in news on Steam and on game forums.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, o7Captain said:

Will be hermione or pandora shallow water ships ?

The Pandora is a light 9-pdr frigate like the Cerberus, Surprise, Renommée that are shallow water ships. So I guess yes.

L'Hermione is a 12-pdr frigate that was not a shallow water ship when in game. So I guess no.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Reverse said:

I do not quite understand this negative. Who can explain the minuses of the introduction of these DLC ships? Let me give you the pros, because again, I do not see the minuses.
1) I am an experienced pvp player - I will have more pvp
2) I am not an experienced pvp player - I have free ships. But after I lose them, I want to get a nicer craft craft (trinko, indie, agha, bello)
3) I am a family man, I have a lot of money, but I don’t have time - I buy a ship and get a fan
4) I'm a PVE player - I'm going to borrow PVE. They kill me or gank me and I do not go to delete the game, I take a free ship and cover my losses
5) I am a crafter - I am crafting ships that will fly after having lost the ship's DLC.
6) The success of the Nassau patrol area, in which even with 200 people online, you can find 100 fights - thanks to the DLC of the ship, it is stupid to renounce. But in the zone you can find a lot of craft ships, after people lose DLC.
7) If after the introduction of these DLS in other patrol areas, there will be as many battles and in the open sea there will be more life. I have a question, what have you smoked and do not see these advantages?

Good luck and have fun :D

PS

I have this Herc and le requin - u all know. But i dont use this ships - u again know that. Becouse i love win, this ships dont give me win. This ships only for fun or when i lose all my ships. When i wont win - i craft better ships and go win. the same will happen with other DLС ships

It is simple enough why they are bad. Less to do with PvP and more abouth RvR. Admin wanted ports to matter, wanted woods to matter. Dlc ships just undermine it. If all that should matter was PvP, why then not just let us redeem all the ships we want?

And if you think of WO as a cheap wood, I do think you are one of the few in this game.

Edited by Routan
  • Like 2

What i fear is that i observe a real split in the population, with pvpers in war server, not interested in econ or crafting, most in clans with multiple alts to feed the needs in rare upgrades & woods (maybe even combat medals) no matter which nations own them. Those of them interested in RvR ends in two nations at most (right now brits or russia, previously danmark or sweden, etc.) 

All the other sort of players have leave (or will soon) the war server for the peace server as the previously described players don't need them, don't help them and are just a nuisance to them.

Instead of reworking the RVR so that each others have to work back hand in hand together, pvpers earning precious ports for the eco guys and thanks to eco guys, enforce safety of trade route etc.. while the others can enjoy economical challenge/competition without being broke all the time as soon as they meet an enemy pvper.

I fear the dlc ship will simply ensure that war server keep his few pvpers pop even if no one is staying to play the econ-craft parts, rendering the war server definitly 95% empty, with zero privatering / contraband / trade / craft / eco gameplay. As there is no solution in view to solve the rvr that should be the number one priority right now to bring back the population on the war server and insure the long term success of the release.

So do your DLC ships, but please solve the RvR, i don't talk about port maintenance & all, really, bring the rvr back to where it was when it was flags or war supply, something frantic and stimulating, spontaneus and federating.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec
  • Like 3

DLC ships are a good thing - they make the game easier for those who don't have much time to craft, collect recourses, for casual players and beginners.

Compare with WOW - 20 minutes per battle.

On the other side, it is important that there are no DLC ships in rank 1-3, because otherwise the attraction to develop something better/bigger will lost.

There must be something left to accomplish.