Game-Labs Forum

Change the ROE please.

3 hours ago, Tom Farseer said:

any light ship can just tag and slow down whatever they want and then wait 10 minutes for the massive gank fleet to join

No, massive ganks are not possible. Battle is closed at quasi equal BR. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, admin said:

This would happen and was happening before as well, with 2 min timers. And it did not happen less (stealing ships or loot)  before compared with now.
Think of the Aga; he got pvp while previously it would never see this battle and think the world is emptier.

We are still watching the data and based on data it looks very positive. PVP activity increased since introduction of this feature (open battles). We do not want to dismiss it because of occasional kill denials.

PS It was always happening more in the pirate nation compared to other nation (based on the reports)
Time to switch to Britain ;)?

it would not have happend because the battle was pretty much over. He basically came in to a disabled ship and captured it. 15 minutes of work are more than 2 minutes. I did 100% of the work in that battle and got nothing in return. Do not even compare a 20 min join timer to a 2 minute join timer. I don't care what your data says because basic logic says otherwise. You had a logical reason for the 2 minute timer. The current ROE favors larger clans. Its impossible to even attack a trader now and do not come to me with more pvp. I attack trader in trinco. The trader gets a bellona reinforcement 10 min into battle. I dont care what your data tells you because noone in there right mind will ever join a battle to balance it. They only join it with far superior ships to get an easy win. I have 4000 hours in this game and I know from actually playing the game and interacting with other players that 90% of the players bring 1st rates to 5th rate battles to be safe.

I am not pirate, I am danish BTW. I have not been pirate since outlaw battles were removed and pirate nation destroyed because of it. 

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I dont care what your data tells you because noone in there right mind will ever join a battle to balance it. They only join it with far superior ships to get an easy win.

Data showed a spike in PvP activity when rats could attack rats, that spike was deemed unhealthy for the game, tho. I believe the 20min RoE spike in the data is bad for the game.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Data showed a spike in PvP activity when rats could attack rats, that spike was deemed unhealthy for the game, tho. I believe the 20min RoE spike in the data is bad for the game.

I'm amazed we have more PvP with half the server pop to be honest,  very surprised as not seen some prolific pvp guys for a while (Greg for example).

I dont get the rules at all. Since yesterday I thought an enemy could not jump into battle when br is higher. I got attacked by Aga while I was in a Hermione. Then one Christian and two Belle Poules jumped in -- why can this happen???

2 hours ago, van Veen said:

No, massive ganks are not possible. Battle is closed at quasi equal BR. 

Yes they are. the people who join just need to time their click on the button. Battle will not close in time then. Also, when for example a Le Requin (BR 100) tags an Indefatigable (BR 320) nothing stops the Requin captains friends from joining in with a Bellona which has a BR of 500. That battle then look fair to you?
And with the aforementioned timing on clicking the Join button that could as well be an Endymion and two Bellonas...

Edited by Tom Farseer
spelling

5 hours ago, Tom Farseer said:

Yes they are. the people who join just need to time their click on the button. Battle will not close in time then. Also, when for example a Le Requin (BR 100) tags an Indefatigable (BR 320) nothing stops the Requin captains friends from joining in with a Bellona which has a BR of 500. That battle then look fair to you?
And with the aforementioned timing on clicking the Join button that could as well be an Endymion and two Bellonas...

In that case the battle will remain open for the other side (weak BR side flip). 

On 3/23/2019 at 5:59 PM, La bouche said:

It is comercially dead for them. I know what you and lots of players feel about it, including me, but they just giving up.

notice how my comment was deleted. The one where I replied to you saying it was not dead. You can see your quote but the original is gone. Wonder why. I would understand if admin deleted your post and delete my reply.

Edited by HachiRoku

6 hours ago, mikawa said:

I dont get the rules at all. Since yesterday I thought an enemy could not jump into battle when br is higher. I got attacked by Aga while I was in a Hermione. Then one Christian and two Belle Poules jumped in -- why can this happen???

for the first 2 minutes the joining works as usual

10 hours ago, van Veen said:

In that case the battle will remain open for the other side (weak BR side flip). 

Which for solo hunters is no help at all, seeing as they fly solo... Unless you have a friend online and in a few minutes reach you better hope you can kill the small ships before they slow you down too much.

@admin

10 hours ago, Sveteran said:

unknown.png

do you consider this good pvp and healthy for the game? maybe there is a reason people switch over to pve server other then the wipe?

58 minutes ago, Wyy said:

@admin

do you consider this good pvp and healthy for the game? maybe there is a reason people switch over to pve server other then the wipe?

That screenshot has nothing to do with the current roe to be fair. If he attacks the endymion. Noone can join the endymion after 2 minutes. I have no issues with ordinary ganking inside a logical roe system. The kind of players that go to the pve server are most likely gank victims I would rather not have on pvp server anyway. Any competitive player will never go play against ai all the time. Trust me you won't even notice a difference. 

Edited by HachiRoku

This ROE helps average players. They can find more battles and we understand that solo gameplay can sometimes become inadequate with this feature.
But overall benefit are bigger - average players get more chances to experience pvp and get more equal battles over time. At least a chance for them.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

That screenshot has nothing to do with the current roe to be fair. If he attacks the endymion. Noone can join the endymion after 2 minutes. I have no issues with ordinary ganking inside a logical roe system. 

i can agree, but that the Fenix players say they only gank might lead back to people being to attached to their pixels, if people actually wouldnt mind risking their ships knowing they would get something out of losing or not losing that much the ROE wouldnt be a problem, maybe add a vote button for both parts within the first 30 seconds that they can close the battle and have a 1v1 without interference from other players?

And to avoid exploits with friend from different nations tagging each other you could add the circle of death and the circle wouldnt stop shrinking until one ship is sunk

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, admin said:

This ROE helps average players. They can find more battles and we understand that solo gameplay can sometimes become inadequate with this feature.
But overall benefit are bigger - average players get more chances to experience pvp and get more equal battles over time. At least a chance for them.

Im not seeing it that way.  If I come across a battle I can jump into, it's always unfair to the player who started it.  I've got some easy kills that way.  If it's my battle that someone else comes into (rescue gank), I have just run away and nobody gets PVP.

Dear @adminI'm so sorry, but your DATA today isn't reliable.

We all know that soon there will be a release and therefore we will lose all our ships, so today there is less "fear" of losing ships and we accept fights even with extreme disadvantage (better to be sunk than "suffer" a wipe) .

This is the reason why we have more PvP these days!

But what will happen after the release? The best ships and SoLs will be very rare and therefore the "fear" of losing them will return.

I don't like this RoE either, in fact today the "strategy" is to use a fast frigate and keep a SoL engaged until another SoL and frigate join.

• Like 3

I've noticed not much difference on my side, the pop on pvp server is so low that if you are not around the 2-3 usual hotspots full of ganksquads, the probability that someone see your battle & join is very small, (but meeting an adequate target is even lower) +if you are not british, or russian or in a small but active pvp nation, forget about getting helped far from your capital.

Also if the reenforced side become the higher br, the battle should not close but should only switch the open side.

The real question is whether there is data supporting the idea that battles continuously expand past the first reinforcement.  All I have ever seen is:  Attack a person, they get reinforced by overwhelming support, I never get anymore help once the battle is "open" on my side.

If the attacker never gets reinforced after the defender does so, the solution is obvious:  Cap reinforcements to 150% of BR, and lock battle immediately once that 150% BR is reached.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, admin said:

They can find more battles

That's definitely true.

get more equal battles over time.

I wonder...

At least a chance for them

There's also the chance they get gank-trapped and counter-ganked more often than experiencing more equal battles. We'll see soon enough...

While I half-heartedly mourn the waning of the true OW I indulge myself to smile at the fact that PvP is seemingly boosted proportionally to the amount of quasi-arena mechanics introduced.

• Like 1

The problem is that with a 20 minute timer to reinforce the weak side, the strong side can be damaged to a large degree.  Anyone coming in after the five minute mark is likely to find a somewhat (or very) damaged opponent.  This results in an easy (and unfair) kill or else a long and unsatisfactory kite/escape.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jodgi said:

That's definitely true.

I wonder...

There's also the chance they get gank-trapped and counter-ganked more often than experiencing more equal battles. We'll see soon enough...

While I half-heartedly mourn the waning of the true OW I indulge myself to smile at the fact that PvP is seemingly boosted proportionally to the amount of quasi-arena mechanics introduced.

Game population is not heading in a direction to indicate that the current state of affairs is any good. however you may dress it up to indicate that the eco and ow dudes are wrong and the lobby heroes  are correct.

dwindling numbers of players on the pvp server , with more doing eco on the pve server,  don't help support any of your pet theories

• Like 2