Game-Labs Forum

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Question:

- permits are available ( on War server ) through Admiralty by conversion of Combat Medals, correct ?

Thanks in advance.

Not all permits are available this way, some are RNG drop only from chests.

Just now, Archaos said:

Not all permits are available this way, some are RNG drop only from chests.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Question:

- permits are available ( on War server ) through Admiralty by conversion of Combat Medals, correct ?

Thanks in advance.

If you're asking 'are all permits available for purchase", then no.  Certain rare permits are only available through RNG chest drops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

It is pure math dude.

Half the options, half the variety.

Im sorry but Im not counting with players that have 12 hours a day to play a game or a really high ratio of sucess in pvp. Cause that is exactly what you will need in order to be able to enjoy those rare ships.

tuned game for hardcare players. They have the time to sit 12 hours per day. Craftig ship´s are very hard and time expensive. The result is beginner and low time player unable to craft those high permit rated ships. 

Permit system HIGH

Resources costs HIGH

Is this the correct way. After month of the released game, only the old players (some without work) will play the game. PVP and Online players will also going down after time.

Edited by Kopelent
  • Like 3

Did I miss something? Half of the permits drop by RNG, is this changed? If not why are the people talking like you can get all permits by combat medals? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aerospace said:

Did I miss something? Half of the permits drop by RNG, is this changed? If not why are the people talking like you can get all permits by combat medals? 

Cause they dont play the game and stil they sit in their wisdom cloud.

• Like 2

The problem at the moment is that the true scale of the changes to ships permits has not been fully realized as many people are still relying on ships they had in stock before the changes came in. Many people have not even bothered setting up their crafting and ship building again as they know there is a wipe coming.

I think I understand what the Devs intentions were with these changes but I am not sure their idea will work for the best. I believe they want to get people using some of the lesser used vessels like Cerberus and Belle Poule as you very seldom see players sailing these vessels, so all vessels that were seldom used now do not require a permit. Then you have vessels that were used a bit more and these were put under permits available with combat medals and finally you have the go to ships for most people and these they hid behind RNG permits dropped from chests.

But the problem is players do not want to sail these easy to craft ships mainly because they know they  are outclassed by other vessels in their class and when you combine this with hard to get rare woods and the ease with which you can get DLC ships it creates problems for players.

This game has more aspects as it is good for itself. We've seen in the past that it is impossible to get all the sailing / combat / trading / crafting into one single game so that all sides of players are content.

I just can say this over and over again, but I assume it remains unheard as before: A good game respects different types of players. Solo players, clan players, power players and casual players and offers for them all a stable and reliable basis. This game got tuned over and over again and with every tune it headed more and more only for power players. This is very shorthand planned, not thoroughly and wise planned. Because there will be a point where only power players remain. This will be: retirees, pensioners, unemployees and people who have bosses who tolerate them playing at work.

Now my question is: how many people do you believe are out there meeting the requirements above?

From my perspective is the game unplayable. I have 2 hours in the evening to play. There are some nights I have more time but average I have 12 hours per week. I enjoy the sailing really much, but I got frustrated of fighting against godly powered ships. It is no fun. It is a pain. I have nothing against losing, but if any game (from board games to computer games) makes me believe that I have no chance from the very beginning of it, then why should I play this? If I know from the start of a battle that I will loose it, no matter in what ship, then this has nothing to do with a game. This is like hitting flies trying to get rid of boredom. I know better ways of getting rid of boredom, I can tell you.

Sorry, if there won't be any change, I'll quit this, and this time forever.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, mikawa said:

This game has more aspects as it is good for itself. We've seen in the past that it is impossible to get all the sailing / combat / trading / crafting into one single game so that all sides of players are content.

I just can say this over and over again, but I assume it remains unheard as before: A good game respects different types of players. Solo players, clan players, power players and casual players and offers for them all a stable and reliable basis. This game got tuned over and over again and with every tune it headed more and more only for power players. This is very shorthand planned, not thoroughly and wise planned. Because there will be a point where only power players remain. This will be: retirees, pensioners, unemployees and people who have bosses who tolerate them playing at work.

Now my question is: how many people do you believe are out there meeting the requirements above?

From my perspective is the game unplayable. I have 2 hours in the evening to play. There are some nights I have more time but average I have 12 hours per week. I enjoy the sailing really much, but I got frustrated of fighting against godly powered ships. It is no fun. It is a pain. I have nothing against losing, but if any game (from board games to computer games) makes me believe that I have no chance from the very beginning of it, then why should I play this? If I know from the start of a battle that I will loose it, no matter in what ship, then this has nothing to do with a game. This is like hitting flies trying to get rid of boredom. I know better ways of getting rid of boredom, I can tell you.

True words

DEV's  take care a bit to tune the  game for both side of players. You should also listen to players who have not 40 hours per week time left. Or in the future will sailing moscalb, reverse ec. Very alone in the carribean world.

Edited by Kopelent

I got a chance to look at all the new permit costs and the economy to "gain the needed currency" and here are my thoughts currently.

I find it interesting that permit costs were pretty much all increased and yet the "ease" to get combat medals now seems to make the point moot when we try and say "it's expensive to get these permits now."

if you "damage farm" patrol zones and do hunt/kill missions then you will get a lot of combat medals.Ultimately I see the current trend going towards nearly everyone sailing permit ships because they are now fairly easy to replace through some grinding and are now are very clear in being "the best" ships of their class. I take issue with this because the Economy has swung considerably.

-- Silver/Reals can be gotten all well and good, I believe of the 3 currencies we have, Reals are solid and balanced(ish?).

-- Doubloons are...well it feels like a desert now. You can't make a lot like before and frankly I find I never have enough doubloons when it comes to the costs associated with resources requiring them.

-- Combat Medals are...I feel more easily aqcruied than Doubloons and because of the Costs to resources/ships that require combat medals being what they currently are - I would surmise that they are easier to get and pay for than doubloons. 

Now since this is a Permit Thread let me get back to the point - Permits are easier to get now and because of that non-permitted ships are not useful enough to warrant you spending resources on them. It is better just to save a little bit more for Permits because the Ship behind a Permit is just so much more efficient.

The problem is, everything is a grind now. One of the things the devs said they were working on was tweaking the ship notes that used to be available at the admiralty and they will soon be returned. Plus, not all ship permits are available at the admiralty and the ones that aren't available, it's definetly really hard to get and you can only get them by farming missions to get gold chests.

Non-permit ships aren't useless, there are 2 frigates that can be used as a flagship to every player at the beginning, but as you progress, those ships won't fullfill your needs anymore, since you will be start to get into bigger ship battles. My problem with the current grind/farm right now is that it doesn't reward you enough. A 6-hour grind should potentially give you enough to keep you on your feet, instead, it makes you get back into the grind because it's not always enough, you will eventually need more and more stuff to get started on your own gameplay. I usually play this game for about 12-hours straight, since I work from home and I get to decide my own time-off and stuff, so I have the time to grind, but even with time to play, everything you will be doing in these 12-hour playthrough is grind your ass off to get what? Not all ship permits are available at the admiralty, so you gotta grind those gold chests to get, and that takes 2~3 hours because you need to kill more than 10 ships sometimes, and when you get a gold chest, it drops a Surprise permit. That just kills the entirely grind as a whole.

Edited by Portuguese Privateer
  • Like 1

In my honest opinion, I really think only SOLs (1st to 3rds and few 4ths) should be permit-ships, but making 5th rates, heavy frigates permit-only kills the motivation to craft smaller ships. I guess it does somehow values the Belle Poule, Surprise and Essex, but still, too limited. You can also craft Ingermanlands and Agammenons but that takes too much resources to be done, which encourages even more grind.

And on top of the grind, you can place the pvp open sea, which is a claustrofck of people trying to fck you in any way they see fit, and it's not always that they sink you for you loot, sometimes they will sink for the simple pleasure of sinking someone from another nation, and that kills completely the crafter/econ player that is trying to make somewhat a profitable playthrough to gather resources, doubloons and combat medals to eventually craft a ship good enough to do RvRs and Port Battles.

Edited by Portuguese Privateer

On 3/23/2019 at 1:51 PM, Sir Loorkon said:

...so why do they not trade them for the permits they want? You are right, I really do not get it.

I don't think you're fully grasping how rare some ships/permits have become. I'll admit, it is hard to see at the moment because everyone's using previously crafted ships.

Lets say there's a 1/100 RNG chance of getting a Christian permit (this is the stat I was given in global chat) and you're lucky and get one after opening your 50th Admiralty Chest. As a pvper, doing pvp missions, that's 50 missions, sinking 10 ships per mission, you have to sink 500 players to get the permit.

If the devs wanted to put the permit in the shop while keeping it just as rare, it would cost 1500 combat metals (assuming the 500 ships drop 3 CMs each). Next to other permits in the shop which cost 20ish CMs, that would look ridiculous, people would be laughing about it, there would be memes. However, it is currently that rare, but there are no memes, because it is not so easy to see. People see Christians sailing around, they think everything is fine, but the reality is the devs basically made all the best ships Santa Cecilia level rare, and everyone is ignoring it.

Edited by --Privateer--
  • Like 6

Hmm... Where are all those that advocated for rare and super-expensive ships?

Why are they silent? Did they leave? Did the flip-flop and now oppose the idea?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jodgi said:

Maybe they like it and therefore dont look into the forum anymore?

Or the DLC ships work heavily against the idea and therefore they lrft the game

Or they wait for the wipe just like many others do. Who knows :)

I dont realy know tho atm how shippermits are buyable so I cant argue a lot. 

Edited by rediii
  • Like 1

Permits are ok but perhaps lower a little requirements for 6th-4th rates, and keep above same to keep rarity/cost.

I would suggest perhaps to make 6th rate permits dubloons to promote RvR early in a players life and get involved in shallow port battles and patrol missions in Bahama's - (heavy rattler/niagra/prince).

Edited by Dibbler

17 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

Permits are ok but perhaps lower a little requirements for 6th-4th rates, and keep above same to keep rarity/cost.

I would suggest to make 6th rate permits dubloons to promote RvR early in a players life - (heavy rattler/niagra/prince).

Why are the permits ok?

Why are many permits behind rng chest with very low drop rate?

Where is the historical accuracy? 

Why is Suprise requiring 15 cm ? How many ships a casual will lose to collect 15 cm to craft an oak Suprise to lose in one gank zone battle?

My only logical reason : hey buy DLC ! Buy hercules / pandora / Lrq to farm cm in your prefered woods. Or you can craft and sail a mercury or cerberus, get raped by dlc ships.

Why not make permits difficult only for SOLs? 

Why not make most 6th / 5th ships easy and accessible, so much much more pvp, much easy loses, more crafting and economy. Many happy customers, more happy new players and casuals.

I was so happy when they reduced LH costs and crafting needs for 5th rate and below, was a such great move, one of the best. But did not last long, permits and permits of rng striked hard, undid everthing great, turned it into ruins. Worst came with turning cag/sab/mah etc. into rare woods combined with new permits.

Poor decision for the game and players, good decision to sell DLC to the limited customer base.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jodgi said:

I'm still here and still advocating for rare and expensive ships....of the line. Not rare 4ths-7ths....except maybe 1 and only 1 in each rate. And never advocated for rare woods.

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 3

@admin

i get every time prince and wappen permits. is that a joke?

this rng permit drop is very bad. 

change it please.

we need a permit mark in the chests. with the permit mark, we can buy the permits in the shop

• Like 4

On 4/5/2019 at 1:05 PM, mikawa said:

Can't even tell how much I agree with that. Godspede.

As for the permits... My Niagara contracts in the busiest ports on PvE both expired and I am still to find one in a chest. Please sort your loot table. It's just not fun to not have access to all ships...

• Like 2