Game-Labs Forum

Back to Nation driven open world

Centric, you are right...

... but game cannot enforce justice onto those.

As simple as that.

Gods know how much i'd love a thriving community loving and playing for credible values of age of sail, BUT alas that is reduced to oneself or at most to a "clan", and never a entire Nation in game.

Is impossible. Not even on a "on rails" game let alone on a "sandbox".

I agree should be about nations, but as we saw in past a time come within every successful endevour the inevitable implosion as more chiefs than indians appear and infighting starts.   Last i heard US elect a president etc and thought it sounded quite cool, but people who played as US some found it really annoying.

Don't think it is just NA but a fault within humanity and differences between people :) .

Edited by Dibbler

57 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

I agree should be about nations, but as we saw in past a time come within every successful endevour the inevitable implosion as more chiefs than indians appear and infighting starts.   Last i heard US elect a president etc and thought it sounded quite cool, but people who played as US some found it really annoying.

Don't think it is just NA but a fault within humanity and differences between people :) .

It was annoying because there was never another election on top of the fact that literally anything came grinding to a halt.

You want to hit a port? Got to request it and wait for the president to reply.

You want to attack a nation in Ow? Got to ask and wait to hear if that is allowed.

You want to have your clan have a good trade relation with someone else? No sorry, has to go through the president to be "official."

If my clan wants to do something - we go do it, we ask others if they want to join and they can decide to come or not. 

We join in nation efforts, and then we go do our own things - at our own time. 

• Like 1

With the current in game functions of BR Port battles, friendly clan lists and magical roaming Ent rare woods forests.....this is very much a clan based game.  In fact I think the nation mindset is holding the game back considerably with this mythical loyalty to in-game nations that mirror ones IRL.  Some players would rather quit than leave their nation.  This is a problem.  

Naval Action really needs to figure out what it wants to be.  A Nation based game or a clan one.  The mix of the 2 leaves an imperfect balance within the game and it's not really working.  We either need to dump the clan based ports and battles and go back to the full 25 on 25 nation owned port setup with alliances (with moderation) or dump 2/3s of our current nations and adopt a clan battle based system that takes on the role of RVR.  

My vision of the clan battle based game would be something like this:

• 3 or 4 starter nations that new, PVE players or nationally minded players can join, craft, occasionally PVP and just do their thing in.  They cannot RVR.
  • 1 default faction that acts with a clan based battle mindset and clans fight over the 150 or so non national ports.  Each clan can pick a "flag" and fly that flag of the nation they chose to be.  Russia / Prussia and Poland being chief examples.  Clans fight each other, take ports and use friendly clans as an alliance type of system (with moderation).  Fight over woods, mods or whatever.
  • Pirates - real pirates.  No 1st rates, no ports, no drama.  Just thievery, tears and salt.

This is a game I'd very much like to play.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2019 at 7:09 PM, DFIL3 said:

I totally agree with you: this clan system is completely useless because  clans are often in disagreements with each other and at the same time 1 clan is not enough to win a pvp, save some exceptions  like HAVOC, BF, REDS..

I can only speak for the russian clan: for sure BF can do a port battle on their own, but don’t forget that they need screen ... and for that, they often ask some Ruissan clan to help!  For the reds if you lock at anolytic pb vidéo you can see that REDS are not the only one in the port battle and more of the time Some russian clan is screening for them 

I can assure u that the Russian nation is not a Zerg nation but it has a good organisation ( between clan) and good communication!

24 minutes ago, Portuguese Privateer said:

We really need nations to be more responsible and important in whole. Right now, clans rules the sea instead of nations.

1580 - 1670 would be perfect Caribbean for what you describe :D ... 1720 - 1820 no so much indeed.