Game-Labs Forum

Showing the port

sometimes i sail along the coast and can click on every ship in ow 

and a popup shows me what kind of player or AI ship it is

when i sail along the coast i see towers in the distance (telescope does not reveal the name of the town) but for some who do not have the sextant (on default)sometimes are disorientated or missed a port, and have to guess where they are.

could it not be possible to click on the port (right mouse) and a popup  will show up witch town it is 

we can see ships but why not a port?

8DB4A6ADFE81B97A9D4146BA9CD91A02F0C9EC1E

you can see a port and a ship you can click on the ship but not on the port

perhaps it can be added to the game 

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thonys said:

some who do not have the sextant

I guess thats why it is a perk? If you're not good at knowing where you are you can choose the perk?

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

Just use the magic of the traders tool and you'll be fine.

you mean use the magic of cheats?

that is one of the reasons admin wants to remove it.....(distance in TT )

think about it,,,,,,,,

perhaps a sign on the beach in front or next to the port where we can look for it with the telescope........

sometimes i see text but mostly i dont see it.

Edited by Thonys

32 minutes ago, Archaos said:

And what do they do when the trader tool gets removed?

Either pay attention to where they're sailing or get the sextant perk. Honestly I believe the perk shouldn't be a perk since it's basic seamanship, but if any player doesn't know where they are in the OW it's because they've had no idea what course they set, no idea how long they were sailing that course and been afk sailing for hours. It's the caribean, not the atlantic and most of the time we just island jump..

Options.

Whatever is done I hope it is optional.  

Clicking on ports to get info sounds helpful for some players.  Having a GPS icon is nice for some players.  I prefer to navigate a little bit, it provides something to do while sailing and I find it interesting.

It would be great if we keep the GPS map icon (sextant perk) as an option, and I would like to see the option to turn off the giant text name that floats above each port.

A sign on the beach that could be viewed through the spyglass, from the right distance and angle would be nice.

• Like 1

Agree, if they remove trader tool then sextant should be baseline. I just liked to use trader tool to estimate distance and set direction better than sextant. Never failed with that. Also agree that the giant text above port is crap. I feel like it would make more sense to be able to click it from distance and have a target box in the upper right corner with port info same as for any ship or wreck we see in OW, with the option to enter port also available from there.

Since we're talking about port it would also be great to see wind direction without having to leave port.