Game-Labs Forum

6 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Interesting... but I don't understand.

if you do not understand ... have faith! 😜

• Like 1

Ummmm… I see some people feel poor, well I don't get anything for nothing, we do realise that a truly healthy economy is not one that is inflated. If we can just get millions instantly without the help of a community, then the economy is broken, as you get a bigger economy going... which by the way does and should take a lot of time and effort... you will be able to turn money in larger amounts for the same margine of profit. Eventually you can become a super trader and even monopalise portions of the trade/crafted sellables in ports if you put good time into it.

I have done this successfully on a couple occasions, I think its pretty cool.

50,000 reals becomes 60,000 reals. 60,000 reals becomes 72,000 reals. 72,000 reals becomes 86,400 reals. 86,400 reals becomes103,680 reals. You get the vibe.

It just takes time and effort to become rich that's all... application in game, and perhaps some creative thinking.

Edited by LIONOFWALES

41 minutes ago, LIONOFWALES said:

You get the vibe.

It just takes time and effort to become rich that's all... application in game, and perhaps some creative thinking.

Point is that if the time/effort vs reward ratio is too high, the game becomes a work, the fun flies away ... and so does the player

PS: take this just as a thought form a 50 level crafter with 6000 hours in game and a long career of shipbuilding in his faction

Edited by victor

25 minutes ago, victor said:

Point is that if the time/effort vs reward ratio is too high, the game becomes a work, the fun flies away ... and so does the player

PS: take this just as a thought form a 50 level crafter with 6000 hours in game and a long career of shipbuilding in his faction

Yep, but thats a choice we all have to make. So do what you think is fun. Then you maybe earn a little less ore craft one less ship, so what?

1 hour ago, LIONOFWALES said:

creative thinking.

Hmm... I actually subjected myself to moving trading goods for an evening so I'd have enough to click out ships. I had no use of any of my creativity.

19 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

Why can we not get have a currency exchange system in game between all currencies in admiralty? That would give all players access to all currencies = all aspects of the game, and the devs could control inflation by tweaking the exchange rates.. 

For example the exchange rate could be: 1M Reals - 100K dobloons - 100 combat medal - 1 victory mark. I'm a RvR player part time so I'm always trying to make VM super valuable, and this is just an example. I have no idea what the the rates should really be.    

Heyho Tiede :)

just a thought on the currency exchange: if we had that, there would a) be no need for four currencies and b) players would not be able to specialize at the amount we have now. Perhaps I am kind of idealistic here, but imagine the following: post wipe, after some time prices will have settled, ports will be distributed (map is coloured) and many or most will have some access to VM. Trade will probably evolve between players, reducing long distance routes with high profits to half the time. Crafters and traders will be short on VM and combat medals, while PvP guys will need ships and can deliver these currencies. I'm so certain this could be cool, and even better: prevail fun and content (aka I'm not incredibly rich after two months) for a longer time. Imo there was/is nothing worse in NA than abundancy of everything which we had before this and the last wipe. A slow paced game, i ideally hope to be the better.

• Like 2

Let's think NA will be long surviving MMO just like EVE.

What is EVE doing, how many currencies are there in EVE? Does it have a sustainable good economic system? 

I have only played EVE for a short time, but two games seem similiar. So there must be much to learn. 

As NA tries or pretends to be a historical hardcore game. How was the historical economy in those times. How many currencies existed, how did people convert each other. Is our reals/dubloons/cm/vm system fitting into reality? Where are the banks? Where are the contracts? 

In my eyes we only have one currency: reals. Duobloons feel more as a tradegood than a currency and CM and VM more like a token. If CM and VM are refered to as currencies (because you need them to craft some permits to craft some ships) conquently e.g. permits would be a currency, too.

Edited by Sir Loorkon

1 minute ago, Sir Loorkon said:

In my eyes we only have one currency: reals. Duobloons feel more than a tradegood than a currency and CM and VM more like a token. If CM and VM are refered to as currencies (because you need them to craft some notes to craft some ships) conquently e.g. notes would be currencies to. 

Think it all is a currency. Just real is the only one supported in the Trade system. The rest is more a player based currency.

I loved the deeper crafting system with components. Now it is simplier, the labour hours wallet got bigger, the cost lower.

All fine. But, make all ships available for doubloons or combat marks. It is a real pity that beauties like Renommee now are

exclusive and almost disappeared. For the new players: Stop being fixated on rare woods only because people tell it is a must have.

You´ll mostly lose the precious ship quickly enough. Get the "best" built after learnig the perks. Now, after one year of intense playing, I get

occasional pvp kills. With selfmade - for me most fun in the game - ships of oak/oak and fir/fir. A fir-made Endymion is a very serious ship now

with the new damage model, a fir-built Rattlesnake is great, great fun to sail in fleet battles, like a fast Brig etc. Short: I cannot stand that "ohhhh we do not

have enough teak, whiteoak... whining anymore. Best wishes, Gene

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Routan said:

Yep, but thats a choice we all have to make. So do what you think is fun. Then you maybe earn a little less ore craft one less ship, so what?

Exacly now - saturday afternoon CET - in the capital city of my faction (Spain)

- there is NO 4th, 3rd, 2nd or 1st rate on sale.

- all the 5th rates on sale are caputed ones (shitty fir/oak crew space) except an endimyon and some trading ships

Before the last eco patch, I remember that there were in the shop plenty of crafted 5th rate, some 4th rates, and a couple of 3rd and 2nd for sure each week.

Does this tell you something about how last patch impacted on the shipbuilding gameplay?

PS: remember that when too many players start thinking the game is not fun, the population sinks and - on the long term - the game dies. So your argument seems to me a bit weak.

Edited by victor

44 minutes ago, victor said:

Does this tell you something about how last patch impacted on the shipbuilding gameplay?

Do you realy think there will be a lot of crafting before the wipe/release of the game? Most players I know try to wipe ships themselves in fights atm. Why should anyone craft? 

• Like 1

another week with new econ patch

1. crafting is fine - if a bit basic - I wish there were ways for players to gain crafting experience without having to build ships - cannons and modules should reward XP too.

2. economy to support crafting is still alright maybe? --- due to the deflation of reals it is hard for some and others just don't want to do it. fighting AI seems to have low rewards both in reals and doubloons...

3. trading profits based on distance should still be increase by 20-40% in my opinion.

If we were to look at the Crafting business as a whole, I think these are the avenues that we currently have

A. Ship Builder
B. Cannon Crafter
C. Repair/Mod Crafter
D. Resource Extractor
E. Crew "Maker" (more mods?)

In many, if not all, cases a player has activities in more than one of these businesses. my gripe is that a player is not rewarded by focusing their talents to a crafting business, there are not really more rewards or bonuses by building equipment apart from selling them and getting money. In truth, the only real bonus is by ship building to get a high crafting rank (level). I'm not sure how much @admin you want to develop the crafting part of the game, but I am hoping we may see some features to give players some type of reward for going down a path.

What if a player just wants to build cannons and find a why to make them more efficiently or in bigger batches? I feel they could be small changes to their penetration/damage/weight stats, although I wonder if this would take too long to do since each cannon would then become a unique item?

What if a player wants to focus on crafting modules and through crafting numerous amounts is able to unlock a way to build them with less materials?

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 11:41 AM, victor said:

Exacly now - saturday afternoon CET - in the capital city of my faction (Spain)

- there is NO 4th, 3rd, 2nd or 1st rate on sale.

- all the 5th rates on sale are caputed ones (shitty fir/oak crew space) except an endimyon and some trading ships

Before the last eco patch, I remember that there were in the shop plenty of crafted 5th rate, some 4th rates, and a couple of 3rd and 2nd for sure each week.

PS: remember that when too many players start thinking the game is not fun, the population sinks and - on the long term - the game dies. So your argument seems to me a bit weak.

The dicey part is that a lot of folks stock piled ships and are using these ships.  Thus some do not have to buy new ships nor craft ones for themselves.

Alas, with the wiping of VMs and such a lot of folks do not have access to the permits to built the top level ships.  So it will take a while to replenish this supply.

And unfortunately, we might not be seeing a lot of top level ships on the market.