Game-Labs Forum
admin

Endurance and Final exams - How to pass them (in new damage model)

On 4/12/2019 at 3:05 PM, Farrago said:

It doesn’t seem to me that many of our most deadly — as in get the most PvP kills — captains are depending on luck to demast. They’ve spent the time to learn how to pick the masts apart. It’s a skill, just not one I like being possible in the game. 

But it requires MUCH less skill with lower ping

Edited by Barbancourt
  • Like 1

I wish the tutorials would grant a little amount of XP too, on top of exams reward XP.

Some of my returning friends are currently doing those to get some XP to get to bigger boats, and unfortunately some of the exams are just too hard for beginners. What's the point of granting XP on exams that you will pass only once you get enough XP ingame, potentially reaching max rank before passing the final exam.

As for the difficulty, it's just over the top. Not fun nor engaging in the slightest way. The 5th rate roid rage AI really is a pain in the ass and that's about it, and it does not feel like something designed for beginners at all. You might want to consider having "beginner exams" with a "standard AI", and later on, once the player reaches max rank, another set of "advanced exams". This would make sense. Current situation does not...

I did the final exam yesterday, and it was not too difficult. I used nearly the way the devs proposed without boarding.

For me the difficulty level is ok, I think even new players with some practice can do it. Though I wouldn't show the solution in NA forum.

• Like 1

A step by step way to go. Too much new players can't pass through boarding...

I hope this helps

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 1

Sorry, but you've ruined this game for me. It's not only that final exam, but everything. I've spent about 250 hours by grinding, playing and after the release there is nothing, only lost time. And this exam is impassable... I regret my money and lost time.