Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Costa de Castilla

Gun loss from shooting stern random?

Chased an indiaman In my trinco, shot his stern upp completely and kept shooting, he lost gun after gun. Total 6 guns were lost.

But his 2 rear guns not?. How is that possible?, gun loss random or?. I would expect those are guns exposed the most after his rear is blown up.

It all ended I had to abort as he kept demasting me, well played. But I shot his stern for a reason to kill those stern guns.

As you can see 14 guns on one side 8 on the other. How does it work?. it's just as weird as when someone shoots from my front and hits my rudder.

20190310132751_1.jpg

Edited by Costa de Castilla
  • Like 1

Dunno about stern guns specifically, but guns have hitboxes. I tested this against a bit frigate and I killed all his guns except the stern guns.

Oh, and there is a dice roll when a ball connects with a carriage.

• Like 1

You can see at enemy guns list , they are decreased. I think this is a bug or we can imagine when the ball hit the gun itself it bounces becouse it's made of iron and hit something else . And if u destroy one gun it means that you just broke the wooden part of the side guns and it can't be used anymore until repair .

images.jpeg.af06d7d7c5990f9c847365115131a861.jpeg

Here you can see how cannons are made . But i don't know if the reality is in the game too .

Edited by Thomas Fremantle
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thomas Fremantle said:

You can see at enemy guns list , they are decreased. I think this is a bug or we can imagine when the ball hit the gun itself it bounces becouse it's made of iron and hit something else . And if u destroy one gun it means that you just broke the wooden part of the side guns and it can't be used anymore until repair .

images.jpeg.af06d7d7c5990f9c847365115131a861.jpeg

Here you can see how cannons are made . But i don't know if the reality is in the game too .

Yeah I know they are decreased, I destroyed 6 of his guns, my issue is was shooting his stern all the time, and still his stern guns remain instakt while other guns got destroyed. 

And i understand the picture and what you are saying, but I have raked before with broadsides and enemy stern guns been destroyed. But haven't thought about how it works until now, when I specificly only kept shooting his stern with my front guns.

Edited by Costa de Castilla

The damage model on stern is not different from the damage model on the broadside.
You have to actually hit the carriage and with stern guns it is just harder (because of the stern gun position) - we do not consider this issue a high priority today - and will test it later.

Please remind us after next patch :)

ps current theory is that you hit the gun instead of the carriage when shooting the stern (much harder to hit the carriage)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, admin said:

ps current theory is that you hit the gun instead of the carriage when shooting the stern (much harder to hit the carriage)

That might be it, it was low guns I tried to take out and the guns could have obscured the carriage.