Game-Labs Forum

Manage ports AND save time - coming soon

On 3/9/2019 at 4:08 AM, admin said:

or forgot to add - hostility missions will be distance based so frontlines  will come back.

While I generally like this idea, it does create a problem with AI fleet distribution. Some nation's are half the map away from where 1-3rd rate fleets are and if we cannot take a far away port (like US did with Trux) then unboxing large ships becomes nearly impossible on a diet of just 5th rates near the boarder areas while other nations start with them in their backyard.

Please consider spawning 1-3rd rate ships in the frontline areas which will help with unboxing and allow plenty of big ship PvP boarder fights.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I agree with you, but I also would argue that current Hostility is a larger time sink then it really should be.

I feel that 10 people should reasonably be able to flip any port within an hour. but it shouldn't be more than 2 hours.

What if the hostility did take 2 hours, maybe 3 hour, but hostility did not vanish over night and each hostility battle counted as a raid that continually added benefits to the raiding clan from the port owner's production? Then let the only ways for the port owner to reduce the hostility is by intercepting the hostility or doing pvp or ai reduction currently?

Edited by van der Decken
fixed typos
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

What is the hostility did take 2 hours, maybe 3 hour, but hostility did not vanish over night and each hostility battle counted as a raid that continually added benefits to the raiding clan from the port owner's production? Then let the only way for the port owner to reduce the hostility is the pvp or ai reduction currently?

I recall Hostility used to be that way - It did not get fully reset during the maintenance. I think it was a 30% hostility reduction every downtime? There were a number of differences back then, but I wouldn't mind it coming back.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2019 at 9:49 AM, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Hope this comes with an hostility rework as i refuse to take part of it as it is.

23 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

When the game is wipe and you start over your going to need that XP for leveling up and fastest way to do that is killing AI.   So folks need to get it out of there head that the game is PvP only.  Your going have to kill AI once in a while. Even better if you get PvP while doing it cause that gives you even more points.  Which is why I think it's silly that some of the folks bitching so much about lack of PvP won't go flip ports of the main clans that will come out and fight....to me they just want fights on their terms only....you want PvP go flip a major econ port and I bet you will get PvP.  RvR is actually PvP.

Might I draw your attention (and that of all those discussing hostility) to my proposal for reworking the way PBs are set/Hostility?

I made the thread to hopefully change the boring nature of grinding hostility and replace or enhance it with a bit more spicy pvp and pve.

Edited by Capt Aerobane
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Capt Aerobane said:

Might I draw your attention (and that of all those discussing hostility) to my proposal for reworking the way PBs are set/Hostility?

A few people have been banging on about this constantly, me included. Game really needs it imo

• Like 3

On 09/03/2019 at 12:39, admin said:

Bonne nouvelle Capitaines

La fonctionnalité de gestion des ports est en cours de développement et sera déployée sur les serveurs actifs lors du prochain grand correctif. 

• Le développement des infrastructures
    • Tous les clans, grands et petits , pourront améliorer leurs ports contrôlés et investir dans le développement des infrastructures en expansion. 
    • Avec des investissements suffisants, le besoin de transport sera complètement supprimé du clan, créant une ville en grappe permettant la production de toutes les ressources (à l'exception des bois rares).
  • Amélioration de la construction navale
    • Les clans pourront améliorer la construction navale dans leurs ports en fabriquant de meilleurs navires, des navires plus rapides, des navires plus puissants peaufinant les avantages du port à leur guise
  • Améliorations des fortifications
    • Les clans et leurs amis pourront développer des fortifications pour protéger leurs avoirs
    • Toutes les fortifications actuelles sur la carte seront supprimées

Pour le serveur PVE, nous prévoyons de convertir la carte en carte historique permettant l’accès à tous les ports et permettant la capture par sabotage économique (sans changer de pays), donnant ainsi un accès partiel à cette fonctionnalité même sur le serveur PVE

Bonjour,

En dépit des critiques et des mécontents, votre jeux s améliore incontestablement. C'est vrai, il faut du temps. J'appelle cela du placement à long terme. Alors, continuez, peaufinez, améliorez, mais surtout tenez bon. Et si tous les avis compte, il faut aussi savoir prioriser. Cordialement. Marquis de La Fayette (OCB).

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 3:42 PM, admin said:

for PVE server nationality of port wont change - clan control will. (but this idea is tentative and might not get in)
short description

• Example
    • Port is british (but all nations can access it)
    • Port grants bonuses to clan controlling it
    • Other clans(even other nations) can take economic control away from controlling clan by doing sabotage.

That sounds nice way around things, more economic warfare.

Have you also considered adding ports (capital) for "hard" nations on PvE  SERVER so new players have access to admiralty?

Just seen few posts over months from guys on PvE who chose hard nation, perhaps something else to consider for PvE server.

Edited by Dibbler

Would think Hardcore nations are not aimed at new players, and rated Impossible as described as having no Capital and having to conquer if they wish to survive.

Giving them a capital ( with the removal of zones ) makes them the same as any other nation.

11 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Would think Hardcore nations are not aimed at new players, and rated Impossible as described as having no Capital and having to conquer if they wish to survive.

Giving them a capital ( with the removal of zones ) makes them the same as any other nation.

Ahem..... PvE server........

Just seen posts by a few guys on PvE that chose those nations with no way to capture ports.... means no admiralty.

Easiest way to address would be make a port capital for each hard nation on PvE server.

Just to clarify again PVE server only lol, changed first post to clarify :).

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

Ahem..... PvE server........

Just seen posts by a few guys on PvE that chose those nations with no way to capture ports.... means no admiralty. Easiest way to address would be make a port capital for each hard nation.

That makes it more clear. Your original post denoted nothing about Peace server.

8 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

That makes it more clear. Your original post denoted nothing about Peace server.

" Just seen few posts over months from guys on PvE who chose hard nation, perhaps something else to consider for PvE server. "

But i digress :D

No worries a lot of posts to read as an admin ;)

Edited by Dibbler