Game-Labs Forum
admin

Manage ports AND save time - coming soon

3 hours ago, admin said:

Good news Captains

Port management feature is under development and will be deployed to live servers next big patch. 

• Infrastructure development
    • All clans big and small will be able to improve their controlled ports and invest into infrastructure expanding resource development. 
    • With enough investments the need for hauling will be completely removed from a clan, creating a cluster city which allows production of all resources (with the exception of rare woods)
  • Shipbuilding improvements
    • Clans will be able to improve shipbuilding in their ports making better ships, faster ships, stronger ships tweaking the port perks to their liking
  • Fortifications improvements
    • Clans and their friends will be able to develop fortifications to protect their holdings
    • All current fortifications on map will be removed

For PVE server we plan to convert the map to the historical map allowing access to all ports and allowing capture through economy sabotage (without changing nations) giving partial access of this feature even on the PVE server.

NICE!!! thanks for this!

are there any ideas to give the player the control of the fortifications and maybe even the guns them self like on ships?

• Like 2

This all sounds great. Really got nothing to add. Curious to see how it all works out.

p.s. If you've been sunk by me lately, sorry about your luck. I really suck.

richb1.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom Farseer said:

This statement currently is, always has been, and hopefully always will be: wrong.

Yes: Upgrades and Mods will tip the balance if the opposite Captains are anywhere near even in skill.
No: They are not an instant win button. #

I personally am FAR from being the best PvPer on the War server. And I also am too stingy, often times simply too poor to put all the best upgrades on my ships. Yet I still am a very regular player in GBs RvR fleet and tend to do alright even against players of my own skill level.

I hat to start sounding like some of the old 'git gud' crowd but mods are OP is in most cases a cheap excuse....

Yes and no I have to say, if a player is not in a successful clan he or she is somewhat limited to "basic ships", whereas the more successful clans will be able to build their ships to be stronger, faster, better faster ships.

We all know what it's like coming up against a 5/5/very sturdy ship loaded with repair mods. 

yes you can often overcome these situations if you know what you are doing but at the moment those kinda ships are rare because they are RNG based and as such usually one or maybe two in a fleet have those kind of ships. If a few of the "elite" clans are able to keep churning out those ships on a regular basis then it is going to create divides (especially combined with the really crappy wood distribution system we have currently.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neads O'Tune said:

We all know what it's like coming up against a 5/5/very sturdy ship loaded with repair mods. 

yes you can often overcome these situations if you know what you are doing but at the moment those kinda ships are rare because they are RNG based and as such usually one or maybe two in a fleet have those kind of ships. If a few of the "elite" clans are able to keep churning out those ships on a regular basis then it is going to create divides (especially combined with the really crappy wood distribution system we have currently.

I honestly have never fought against a gold ship. there is just not enough of them to be a worry. the majority of the ships I fight with and against are 3/5s and sometimes with trims.

do you know of a group that regularly sails whole fleets of gold/purple ships? I can only think of 1 group...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teutonic said:

I honestly have never fought against a gold ship. there is just not enough of them to be a worry. the majority of the ships I fight with and against are 3/5s and sometimes with trims.

do you know of a group that regularly sails whole fleets of gold/purple ships? I can only think of 1 group...

Yes you have. ;) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Yes you have. ;) 

you'd have to remind me then. because again - they are so few and far between it's not worth worrying about.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

I think that people need to keep their expectations in check here.. Given the aggressive release schedule that the dev's have planned I'm not expecting to see any customization beyond things that affect numbers behind the scenes. For example, perhaps guns might be installed or upgraded on forts and towers but I'm guessing there will be no interface or functionality for actually changing the placement, etc.  Ship crafting changes and customization will likely only allow clans to tweak the percentages of generating certain existing trims on crafted ships, etc. and not entail massive shifts in crafting customization or the interfaces to do so, etc.

I think it's important to keep expectations in check given the amount of change and balance that needs to happen before release, and how much developer time that might take.  Just sayin'.

(Of course, keeping low expectations always leaves room for pleasant content surprises.) :P 

Edited by Wraith
  • Like 6

Well, I think this is very good creative idea. Plus I would like to add to it. With the possibility of the new ranks coming. I would suggest that a clan member with the higher ranks be given some of responsibility of managing their ports. So that the clan leader is not overwhelmed, trying to do it all themselves. So there could be some tools in place for the management of the port with the new port perks. There are players among us that they would be very happy in just managing the ports. You could even make a governor rank, for the clan. But glad to see some interaction with ports.

• Like 1

Will we have a mechanic to raid the new upgraded ports? With something short of a full blown PB? know this has been discussed often in the past. Now that would be fun.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Given the aggressive release schedule that the dev's have planned I'm not expecting to see any customization beyond things that affect numbers behind the scenes.

Perhaps admin is talking about plans after release? The features of Naval Action don't have necessarily to stop at release, the game could still grow afterwards. which is good for new attraction.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Perhaps admin is talking about plans after release? The features of Naval Action don't have necessarily to stop at release, the game could still grow afterwards. which is good for new attraction.

One can always hope, but I think that perspective might be a bit optimistic given the development support it’s received so far relative to the other new games announced, etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Perhaps admin is talking about plans after release?

"will be deployed to live servers next big patch"

For me this sounds before release.

OH HELL YEAH! Actual port management! Great work devs! May I please suggest that:

• whatever values you use that you make it so that a "full grown port" is not completed ridiculously fast?
  • Make clans and nations actually  have to work at this regularly and over a good length of time.
  • And make it so the ports will become dysfunctional if not regularly taken care of.
  • And maybe even make it so that the ports will autonomously revolt and go neutral if clans do not take care of their ports on a regular basis. 
  • And then.....make it so other nations can somehow do actual raids on the ports...attacking traders, attacking the port, stealing their resources, something that will disrupt and stunt the ports growth.

Please and thank you! :D

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 2

I'm curious @admin, was this idea a stroke of ingenuity or have you planned it for some time? I'm amazed the last few updates have been pumped out seemingly right after being announced. Makes me think you guys arent as hard headed as previously thought, and could still blow it out of the water doing your own thing. :)

@admin I know you said all forts are to be removed but what about capital zone forts? Should capitols and non-capturable ports still have their fortifications?

Everyone is talking about forts being a liabity in PB. What about in a regular battle instance no more running under the guns unless it is you clan/friend list port? IMO we should have some forts for large regional cities or something. 

Just now, Slim McSauce said:

was this idea a stroke of ingenuity or have you planned it for some time?

I and probably others aswell had suggested it several times. It does prove that they listen to the community carefully and sometimes add suggestions to the game.

• Like 1

@admin In response to the solo players, I would assume that a clan can choose the function of the port - resource production, ship building, etc and that anyone in that nation would be able to utilize the port? So if the port is a level 3+ ship building port, then any player, even a solo player, who has an outpost there would be able to utilize the level 3 ship building IF he built a shipyard there?

• Like 2

Yes, yes yeeeeeesssss. This looks very good.

Please bring back alliances, if not between nations, then at least between clans. You know... a timed and signed contract between the leaders of said clans to initiate more political choices.

This way... your buddies that are pirates could help your buddies in the US fight the same port battle against say... a Spanish clan that is not your ally! Just a thought.

• Like 1