Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Manage ports AND save time - coming soon

Recommended Posts

You should create a mechanic that punish overextension.
Right now, with diplomatic layer sadly removed, a powerfull clan/nation can expand too easily as weak clans/nations barely have a chance.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even Alejandro de Santamaria ( @Intrepido ) doesn't find anything to complain about. I think this is a first.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very excited about the fortification changes.  Clan-based forts is huge!

A little nervous about this:

Quote

With enough investments the need for hauling will be completely removed from a clan, creating a cluster city which allows production of all resources (with the exception of rare woods)

I like as many merchants on the water as possible (for obvious reasons :P), but I'm definitely interested to see how it works out.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds a very good idea.

Maybe also let the ports add and improve "market places" or "trade houses" that generate eco-realated missions and/or produce more/better goods for trading (or just lower the price of purchase for trading goods).

Edited by victor
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Very excited about the fortification changes.  Clan-based forts is huge!

A little nervous about this:

I like as many merchants on the water as possible (for obvious reasons :P), but I'm definitely interested to see how it works out.

when did you last time caught a trader with lets say stone block. Does this traffic exists in privateering?
 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin   Please make it simple for new players so they can craft ships by themselves (at least up to 5th rates, these ships should be expandable) In current system, its impossible because EU trader was removed and resources are crazy expensive so new players are usually just robbed in capitals.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, admin said:

when did you last time caught a trader with lets say stone block. Does this traffic exists in privateering?
 

Tbh it's almost always useless trading goods. Only when ports switched hands player transported raw mats and guns.

Exceptions are mats like Cooper and rare woods so far they were always transported and made a big chunk of our catches.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin said:

when did you last time caught a trader with lets say stone block. Does this traffic exists in privateering?

Iron has always been a fantastic catch, because it's so expensive to get.  It is not super common, because those are generally short hauls, protected by forts, however, they have historically happened.

The vast majority of traders captured of late have been hauling trade goods - as it is profitable to haul them long distances.  (Long distance means blue-water sailing, which provides an opportunity to hit someone before they get under the guns of a fort)

The removal of forts will make those short hauls vulnerable, however, if there are no short hauls...

Like I said, I'm nervous about it, but will be willing to test and see :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

when did you last time caught a trader with lets say stone block. Does this traffic exists in privateering?
 

requestion for all players: when did you cap the last trader with cummon not just for use stuff and keep it? ok rethorical question...

 

I think this will save a lot of time (hopfully).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, admin said:

For PVE server we plan to convert the map to the historical map allowing access to all ports and allowing capture through economy sabotage (without changing nations) giving partial access of this feature even on the PVE server.

This is good news, one of the thing that turns me off about the PvE server is logging in and seeing the white dotted map of a neutral server.  I would prob still make it so that you can't use every port, unless you capture it.  Keep the GoM ports for French and Spain as non capture ports so folks can always use those (along with Brit Belize) to get missions.  Though I think by allowing clan capture of ports it is going to spike some of the players numbers on that server.  Hell I might even get active until release over there during my hours (working 3rd shift blows) I'm not on during EU/US prime time most the time.

 

@admin I think you hinted this to me when I was asking before. I assume this patch will bring a map wipe right?  It would be only fair to wipe it and let us test these feature even if we are a small clan or weak nation.  Right now with certain clans controlling most of the zones and bad timers it's hard to test things if you can't even get hostility done cause your ganked by a couple nations  or cause the PB's are pretty much one sided skill wise and low BR bias to those more skilled and bias clans.  I don't care about release this can go on, but right now we are suppose to test these things and it's hard when you can't flip ports or win PB's for some clans/nations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally! Those forts are a pain in the arse! Now if we can just get a slightly more reasonable damage model (where a Indef isn't demasted in FOUR BLOODY SHOTS by a Belle Poule!!!) we will have ourselves some fun open world hunting again! No more Lineships running to the forts as soon as they see you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

 

 

@admin I think you hinted this to me when I was asking before. I assume this patch will bring a map wipe right?  It would be only fair to wipe it and let us test these feature even if we are a small clan or weak nation.  Right now with certain clans controlling most of the zones and bad timers it's hard to test things if you can't even get hostility done cause your ganked by a couple nations  or cause the PB's are pretty much one sided skill wise and low BR bias to those more skilled and bias clans.  I don't care about release this can go on, but right now we are suppose to test these things and it's hard when you can't flip ports or win PB's for some clans/nations.

yes. this feature will come with the map wipe.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Knuddel said:

requestion for all players: when did you cap the last trader with cummon not just for use stuff and keep it? ok rethorical question...

 

I think this will save a lot of time (hopfully).

I always keep my catch or take as much I can carry. Trade goods are just odd. When I get those I am not as happy as when I get one with mats. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Iron has always been a fantastic catch, because it's so expensive to get.  It is not super common, because those are generally short hauls, protected by forts, however, they have historically happened.

The vast majority of traders captured of late have been hauling trade goods - as it is profitable to haul them long distances.  (Long distance means blue-water sailing, which provides an opportunity to hit someone before they get under the guns of a fort)

The removal of forts will make those short hauls vulnerable, however, if there are no short hauls...

Like I said, I'm nervous about it, but will be willing to test and see :)

ports can be specialized. You will either have a shipbuilding center making awesome ships, or a resource base mining everything, or a naval base with forts and towers protecting a choke point
port perk system will take care of this naturally

or forgot to add - hostility missions will be distance based so frontlines  will come back.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...