Game-Labs Forum

Manage ports AND save time - coming soon

Very excited about the fortification changes.  Clan-based forts is huge!

A little nervous about this:

With enough investments the need for hauling will be completely removed from a clan, creating a cluster city which allows production of all resources (with the exception of rare woods)

I like as many merchants on the water as possible (for obvious reasons :P), but I'm definitely interested to see how it works out.

• Like 3

Sounds a very good idea.

Maybe also let the ports add and improve "market places" or "trade houses" that generate eco-realated missions and/or produce more/better goods for trading (or just lower the price of purchase for trading goods).

Edited by victor
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Very excited about the fortification changes.  Clan-based forts is huge!

A little nervous about this:

I like as many merchants on the water as possible (for obvious reasons :P), but I'm definitely interested to see how it works out.

when did you last time caught a trader with lets say stone block. Does this traffic exists in privateering?

• Like 5

@admin   Please make it simple for new players so they can craft ships by themselves (at least up to 5th rates, these ships should be expandable) In current system, its impossible because EU trader was removed and resources are crazy expensive so new players are usually just robbed in capitals.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, admin said:

when did you last time caught a trader with lets say stone block. Does this traffic exists in privateering?

Tbh it's almost always useless trading goods. Only when ports switched hands player transported raw mats and guns.

Exceptions are mats like Cooper and rare woods so far they were always transported and made a big chunk of our catches.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Just now, admin said:

Iron has always been a fantastic catch, because it's so expensive to get.  It is not super common, because those are generally short hauls, protected by forts, however, they have historically happened.

The vast majority of traders captured of late have been hauling trade goods - as it is profitable to haul them long distances.  (Long distance means blue-water sailing, which provides an opportunity to hit someone before they get under the guns of a fort)

The removal of forts will make those short hauls vulnerable, however, if there are no short hauls...

Like I said, I'm nervous about it, but will be willing to test and see :)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, admin said:

requestion for all players: when did you cap the last trader with cummon not just for use stuff and keep it? ok rethorical question...

I think this will save a lot of time (hopfully).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, admin said:

For PVE server we plan to convert the map to the historical map allowing access to all ports and allowing capture through economy sabotage (without changing nations) giving partial access of this feature even on the PVE server.

This is good news, one of the thing that turns me off about the PvE server is logging in and seeing the white dotted map of a neutral server.  I would prob still make it so that you can't use every port, unless you capture it.  Keep the GoM ports for French and Spain as non capture ports so folks can always use those (along with Brit Belize) to get missions.  Though I think by allowing clan capture of ports it is going to spike some of the players numbers on that server.  Hell I might even get active until release over there during my hours (working 3rd shift blows) I'm not on during EU/US prime time most the time.

@admin I think you hinted this to me when I was asking before. I assume this patch will bring a map wipe right?  It would be only fair to wipe it and let us test these feature even if we are a small clan or weak nation.  Right now with certain clans controlling most of the zones and bad timers it's hard to test things if you can't even get hostility done cause your ganked by a couple nations  or cause the PB's are pretty much one sided skill wise and low BR bias to those more skilled and bias clans.  I don't care about release this can go on, but right now we are suppose to test these things and it's hard when you can't flip ports or win PB's for some clans/nations.

• Like 1

Finally! Those forts are a pain in the arse! Now if we can just get a slightly more reasonable damage model (where a Indef isn't demasted in FOUR BLOODY SHOTS by a Belle Poule!!!) we will have ourselves some fun open world hunting again! No more Lineships running to the forts as soon as they see you!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin I think you hinted this to me when I was asking before. I assume this patch will bring a map wipe right?  It would be only fair to wipe it and let us test these feature even if we are a small clan or weak nation.  Right now with certain clans controlling most of the zones and bad timers it's hard to test things if you can't even get hostility done cause your ganked by a couple nations  or cause the PB's are pretty much one sided skill wise and low BR bias to those more skilled and bias clans.  I don't care about release this can go on, but right now we are suppose to test these things and it's hard when you can't flip ports or win PB's for some clans/nations.

yes. this feature will come with the map wipe.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Knuddel said:

requestion for all players: when did you cap the last trader with cummon not just for use stuff and keep it? ok rethorical question...

I think this will save a lot of time (hopfully).

I always keep my catch or take as much I can carry. Trade goods are just odd. When I get those I am not as happy as when I get one with mats. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Iron has always been a fantastic catch, because it's so expensive to get.  It is not super common, because those are generally short hauls, protected by forts, however, they have historically happened.

The vast majority of traders captured of late have been hauling trade goods - as it is profitable to haul them long distances.  (Long distance means blue-water sailing, which provides an opportunity to hit someone before they get under the guns of a fort)

The removal of forts will make those short hauls vulnerable, however, if there are no short hauls...

Like I said, I'm nervous about it, but will be willing to test and see :)

ports can be specialized. You will either have a shipbuilding center making awesome ships, or a resource base mining everything, or a naval base with forts and towers protecting a choke point
port perk system will take care of this naturally

or forgot to add - hostility missions will be distance based so frontlines  will come back.

• Like 20