Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Donjuan Dimarco

Nassau Patrol : Bug in PVP Solo-Patrol

Recommended Posts

Hello Ink,

yesterday at above-mentioned Patrol one of our Clanmates tagged a 5th rate ship into battle though it was clarified that only 6th rate ships are able to do solo patrol. What we basically expected that we get a usual team fight in the zone. As a result, our teammate found himself in a 1v1 and nobody else was able to join. I suppose that the description for rules of engagement in Patrol zone was not changed yet. You can imagine that our mate was not amused cause he missed a really good team fight.

Cheers Donjuan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Donjuan Dimarco said:

Hello Ink,

yesterday at above-mentioned Patrol one of our Clanmates tagged a 5th rate ship into battle though it was clarified that only 6th rate ships are able to do solo patrol. What we basically expected that we get a usual team fight in the zone. As a result, our teammate found himself in a 1v1 and nobody else was able to join. I suppose that the description for rules of engagement in Patrol zone was not changed yet. You can imagine that our mate was not amused cause he missed a really good team fight.

Cheers Donjuan

The battle on the edges of the zone start with the ruleset based on the target location. 
So if the target is in the patrol zone but the attacker is in the open waters patrol battle will start. 

in your case probably target 5th rate was in solo patrol zone, while attacker 6th rate was not. Clicking on the target should identify where he is located. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Donjuan Dimarco said:

Hello Ink,

yesterday at above-mentioned Patrol one of our Clanmates tagged a 5th rate ship into battle though it was clarified that only 6th rate ships are able to do solo patrol. What we basically expected that we get a usual team fight in the zone. As a result, our teammate found himself in a 1v1 and nobody else was able to join. I suppose that the description for rules of engagement in Patrol zone was not changed yet. You can imagine that our mate was not amused cause he missed a really good team fight.

Cheers Donjuan

do you have any screens or specifics on those ships? If 6th rate was able to tag a 5th rate in a zone its definitely not working as intended. or maybe its a rare edge case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, admin said:

do you have any screens or specifics on those ships? If 6th rate was able to tag a 5th rate in a zone its definitely not working as intended. or maybe its a rare edge case

I think his "problem" is that they assumed solo patrol RoE only applied for 6th rates, and thus 5th rates could still tag each other without solopatrol RoE but normal patrol RoE, so they could join the battle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Liq said:

I think his "problem" is that they assumed solo patrol RoE only applied for 6th rates, and thus 5th rates could still tag each other without solopatrol RoE but normal patrol RoE, so they could join the battle

So again, he is going to a support section to complain about not being allowed to gank?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had an issue trying to tag another captain on the edge of the Solo PvP as well. I was in 4th rate (as restricted) and he in a 5th rate. It did the proper countdown, began loading the "Entering Combat" screen, but then froze. Upon reloading game, it placed us both in OW and not in the battle instance. Apparently his game froze as well and also placed him back in OW and not in the battle. Since we were on the edge of the Solo PvP, we expected not to enter a Solo battle, but rather a standard PvP zone battle.....but we certainly didd not expect the game to freeze and spit us back into OW where either of us could've been tagged by others or get an advantage tag on the other.

When everything is precise, (i.e. correct ships, clearly in the zones, etc...) the zones work great. But it might behoove the devs to completely separate the 2 zones and have them on opposite sides of one another on the map each night. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neads O'Tune said:

Your issue here is that a player was FORCED to fight 1v1 instead of you all being able to jump a single player? Sums up the general mentality of this game's player base

First of all it doesn't really state in OP if the 5th rate was player or AI. Secondly, describing a 5th rate vs a 6th rate is more nuanced than a 1v1. Victory vs Hercules is also 1v1 technically. Thirdly you are waaay, way off topic. This is a support topic/bug report that according to admin above may have possibly uncovered an actual bug, or alternatively that instructions are open to misinterpretation. In either case your posts here are not helpful nor relevant. 

Solo patrols are a new feature. We need players to report any issues they have with them so that developers can identify and root out possible bugs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neads O'Tune said:

So again, he is going to a support section to complain about not being allowed to gank?

@Neads O'Tune This is a valid complaint about the RoE.  Please allow Admin and the OP to get any issues settled out.  Thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

@Neads O'Tune This is a valid complaint about the RoE.  Please allow Admin and the OP to get any issues settled out.  Thank you.

Correct, there was a valid issue raised as a result of this, but that doesn't make me wrong about the motives behind the original post ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neads O'Tune said:

Correct, there was a valid issue raised as a result of this, but that doesn't make me wrong about the motives behind the original post ;)

This is not the place to discuss "motives" - this is the support forum.  If a feature isn't working or a user needs help, their motives are not germane.  Motives are for feature feedback and other general discussion.  Thank you for understanding.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 1:39 PM, Donjuan Dimarco said:

Hello Ink,

yesterday at above-mentioned Patrol one of our Clanmates tagged a 5th rate ship into battle though it was clarified that only 6th rate ships are able to do solo patrol. What we basically expected that we get a usual team fight in the zone. As a result, our teammate found himself in a 1v1 and nobody else was able to join. I suppose that the description for rules of engagement in Patrol zone was not changed yet. You can imagine that our mate was not amused cause he missed a really good team fight.

Cheers Donjuan

Don.. Do you have any more info on this  (screens or verbal descriptions)
Because seems like this is not a bug.. You can attack any ship in a solo patrol area if it is the same class as yours. 6th rates get bonus medals for it. But all ships can have solo duels in the solo patrol area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

But all ships can have solo duels in the solo patrol area. 

Do I assume right then, that e.g. a 3rd rate will drag a 5th rate in a duel including PZ RoE in the frigate PZ? Or does your statement only apply for Nassau Patrol (limited by shallows)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

But all ships can have solo duels in the solo patrol area. 

I'm confused now.. It states 6. rates for inner circle for Nassau patrol, 1. rate for the inner circle of Aves patrol and 5. rate for inner circle near Jeremie (Leogane patrol maybe!?).

Are you saying that all rates can do solo patrol, but only the ship rates listed get a extra bonus for doing it? That in unnecessary complicated, I have not bothered doing it because I thought I had to have that ship rate to be able to do it..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...