Game-Labs Forum

Ship models anyone?

Aracno

@Malachi the kit quality is stunning ,open the box and it's like a Tardis you start to pull stuff out of the box and it just keeps coming - the decorations alone are on multiple PE brass sheets,(the decoration parts "stack" together to make them 3D).

Only disappointment is the guns ,both the mains and the swivels , but their easily replaced.

some more close ups here http://www.amatimodel.com/en/models/naval/classic/victory-models/hms-pegasus

not really no time and passion. i buyed the kit in a hurry and should ahve looked for some time more so i would have ended up with a ship i love.

if anyone wants to finish or experiment on her i will send her away.

not really no time and passion. i buyed the kit in a hurry and should ahve looked for some time more so i would have ended up with a ship i love.

if anyone wants to finish or experiment on her i will send her away.

You live in france oui? or dautchland?

Because i would like to work on to it for a good price, because mine is almost done, just have to place the planks on the mast and rigging and its done, and i have another model but its bluenose , i am more interested in battleships

How much did you pay for the kit?

I don´t want to buy it because I´m really short of money right now but I´m interested in giving those kits a try in the future.

around 350 but its that high because of all the decorations.

You live in france oui? or dautchland?

Because i would like to work on to it for a good price, because mine is almost done, just have to place the planks on the mast and rigging and its done, and i have another model but its bluenose , i am more interested in battleships

yes Germoney i wont really be charging money for her will do some pictures of her current state later

I am currently building the same set of the HMS Prince like Mirones. It is from Constructo.

The hull is almost completed, now I am currently working on the masts and rigging. 

My first wood model was the HMS Peregrine.

post-15789-0-32253700-1463388281_thumb.jpg

post-15789-0-41026900-1463388288_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you Mirones, the HMS Prince kit is nice, but it has some flaws in the documentry. At some points I had to find out that the photos of some building steps in the manual do not work on the real model parts.

That caused some problems during building. I had to improvise several times to solve them.

Thank you Mirones, the HMS Prince kit is nice, but it has some flaws in the documentry. At some points I had to find out that the photos of some building steps in the manual do not work on the real model parts.

That caused some problems during building. I had to improvise several times to solve them.

hadn the same thing in my kit, i guess they put in different materials and parts in diffeent boxes?

hadn the same thing in my kit, i guess they put in different materials and parts in diffeent boxes?

The parts are sorted nicely in several bags that worked fine.

The problem is the manual, it has a fairly good description with lots of photos. But sometimes they do not fit to the real model.

I tried to do the planking exactly like in the manual described, But ended up with a different number of planks. That made the correct positioning of the gun ports very difficult.

And at one point I found out that a working step at the beginning was changed at a later stage of building. therefore the instruction gave wrong advice, which could have lead to a  construction error. Fortunately i saw that in time and could adapt to it.   

The parts are sorted nicely in several bags that worked fine.

The problem is the manual, it has a fairly good description with lots of photos. But sometimes they do not fit to the real model.

I tried to do the planking exactly like in the manual described, But ended up with a different number of planks. That made the correct positioning of the gun ports very difficult.

And at one point I found out that a working step at the beginning was changed at a later stage of building. therefore the instruction gave wrong advice, which could have lead to a  construction error. Fortunately i saw that in time and could adapt to it.   

im happy for you youy saw that error then.

I can see see u are a well skilled modeller. :D

Can i ask how long did you worked on the hms prince. or more likely how long ago did you started it?

And btw did you also made many plastic modells in your youth. ( well not that im not young anymore just over the 20's, but i started moddeling when i was like 12 or so...)

I also started building plastic models as a kid. Most of them are Planes, I still have most of them.

My first wood model the much smaller HMS Peregrine was built in 2011 it took me only 3 Months to complete it.

I have built it to get some experience with woodworking before I start a bigger ship.

The HMS Prince kit was also bought in 2011. So it took quite a long time to get the hull finished, but only because I do not work on it on a regular schedule. 

I hope to finish it by the end of this year.

The Prince was my first choice, because it is my favorite Ship in Pirates of the Burning Seas :wub: .

i still dont know wich ship to choose there are many that i fell in love with.

be it that massiv surprise 1.3m or 0.75m Bellona

i just need to get rid of the prince :\

Try looking at dutch ships i finf them the most buitifull of all. In game isnt a lot of choice right now... Xp

Or you could take the biggest of all, trinidad.

This summer I am getting into RC wooden ship models. Watched a lot of vids on it and now working on a bb reloader system for the cannon. This is the tricky part that I've been searching for. But here's a vid of a cool battle with no projectiles being fired.

https://youtu.be/43gBsxijkU4

And here's a link with actual combat RCs firing projectiles....this is what i want with age of sail

https://youtu.be/RtDgTeK-D5I

gRu3ier.jpg

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

38th Annual Model Ship Show

November 11 - January 7

Daily from 10AM - 5PM

The USS Constitution Model Shipwright Guild and the USS Constitution Museum present The 38th Annual Model Ship Show. Exquisite ship models will be on display along with marine paintings by members of the American Society of Marine Artists. With handcrafted models of all sizes, types, and materials, you can explore the intricate art of model making as practiced today.

• Like 1

38th Annual Model Ship Show

November 11 - January 7

Daily from 10AM - 5PM

The USS Constitution Model Shipwright Guild and the USS Constitution Museum present The 38th Annual Model Ship Show. Exquisite ship models will be on display along with marine paintings by members of the American Society of Marine Artists. With handcrafted models of all sizes, types, and materials, you can explore the intricate art of model making as practiced today.

You attending ? :o