Game-Labs Forum

Ship models anyone?

Aracno

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice, i always wanted some like these for my tactical map :P. but in all the shops i only could find cheap ones that are so badly made

What's so nice about the Sails of Glory line from Ares Games is that they're all pre-painted.  You can certainly do more with them if you want, but it's not necessary.

http://www.aresgames.eu/games/sails-of-glory-line

looks nice. i hope the enxt planks wont be a mess like the first ones sinc ei know got a better place for the clamps

Hey koder! WAs passiert.

I just wanted to know if you had continued building your frig. Just long time no see.

I have paused a little after the picture i showed, i did cannons and rigging chains, then stop

On the dhelve with u

Yeah, best is to have a small 150g hammer and make a hole before hammering it in. But i was wondering, do u have to put nails on all the planks or do u need to reuse them for other parts? Otherwise its best to buy some metal pins with plastic top u kno what i mean they are far more eazy to handle and enter the wod more eazely.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Good to see fellow modelers. What is wrong with us. Riggin is HARD.

I like plastic models my self although one day I will try wood. I have the big 1/96 Consti. An O.K. Bonhomie Richard. A re-issue of Sovereign of the Seas, the box says Black Beard Pirate Ship. How did a rat take a first rate. Neat kit though. I have some others too, plus plane kits, car kits, steel ship kits, space ship kits, you name it. Here's the kicker, not enough time to work on them. Naval Action is not gonna help.

I will keep up with this thread since we share interests.

Oh cool thing, Glow In The Dark Frigate.

Lovely work you lads are showing.

I'd recommend looking into the way models were built before kits, by carpenters and prisoners of war. The prisoners would use bones, hair, and some of it is art.

It's difficult, but I've tried a couple, my grandpa is the expert. It's easy to buy and find balsa planking, dowels, and if you're careful with the scale plenty of accesories, blocks, cannon... But you'll need the tools too, a nice dremel, blades, clamps.

I made a nice clinker-built single deck that broke up in a storm, moving to a new house a few years back.

EDIT: I never have, and do not recommend trying to use bones and hair and crap, that sounded strange after I read it.

Edited by NiceFella
  • Like 1

I'll never forget the first time I walked into a craft store and asked about kits for ships, there were 2 guys working and the one I talked to spent all his time talking up his own efforts, basically insulting me, saying most people can't do one or never finish their first and I'm so young and all, successfully talking me out of buying a damn thing as the other guy watched in horror, agape as I walked out the door.

I was pissed for about ten seconds until I realized this guy guards his hobby vehemently because it is absolutely the only thing he does and all he thinks that makes him a person. That was before the internet.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Otro barco que en mi opinión puede ser incluido en el tema de Exploration and survey ships, el tender ruso Pospeshniy 1845.

Aquí un modelo mío en papel.

Another boat which in my opinion can be included on the issue of Exploration and survey ships, the Russian tender Pospeshniy 1845.

Here one of my role model.

http://maquetasenpapel.mforos.com/1195022/11061590-el-tender-pospeshniy-1845/?pag=2

• 2 weeks later...

Really impressive works guys. I want to get into wooden models one day, have built dozens of plastic ones over the years. I came across this model on a website a few months back and thought you all may appreciate it, I wish I had saved the page, there were allot of pics showing the build process. Here are two I grabbed from the page...

vic_2.jpgVic_1.jpg

• Like 2

I'm currently building HMS Pegasus a 6th rate ship rigged sloop of war which should end up looking like this

full_pegasus-cover.jpg

but I'm here at the moment coppering the hull (around 2000+ individual copper plates ,sometimes I wonder what possessed me to attempt the build..)

copperprog1.jpg

copperprogbow.jpg

copperprogstern.jpg

and one of the 3rd party guns I ordered to replace the monstrosity's that Amarti included in the kit

darkgun.jpg

Edited by darius359au
  • Like 4