Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Liq

Tasteless V2

Recommended Posts

Browsing the as usual toxic global chat, something caught my eyes

and as per this:

image.thumb.png.8fbadd82151b857b650fec8cc7e64e50.png

 

I thought I'd post it here

WgZZtpC.jpg

Is that acceptable?

Edited by Liq
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems you were the only one offended by that. Stop taking offence so easily people because it is obvious it was meant as a joke.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

It seems you were the only one offended by that. Stop taking offence so easily people because it is obvious it was meant as a joke.....

There's banter between mates and then there's being an hello kittying arse. This is the latter.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even assuming that it is banter, the content still remains toxic, and without context players who aren't in on the joke, especially new players, may think that's acceptable behavior in general.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what is the difference between a joke and a veiled threat...A joke is one made to and about the person you are talking to (for the most part). A veiled threat is one that is made against someone who is not even involved in the situation or conversation. If someone made that kind of comment to me about my family I would do everything in my power to ensure that they could never do it again. Attacking someones family is NEVER acceptable, joking or otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Raekur said:

So what is the difference between a joke and a veiled threat...A joke is one made to and about the person you are talking to (for the most part). A veiled threat is one that is made against someone who is not even involved in the situation or conversation. If someone made that kind of comment to me about my family I would do everything in my power to ensure that they could never do it again. Attacking someones family is NEVER acceptable, joking or otherwise.

 

 I guess depends on the context, situation and how well the guys know each other.  The stream of lol by him after Raxius carried on telling everyone where they were kinda implies a joke.

 However Hemp's choice of words is quite dark humour,  I guess Raxius the one being spoken about is best one to say how he felt about it.

 Ignore in chat is a wonderful thing, it's an instant way to filter stuff coming from a person who doth offend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you ask me you should keep Global and Nation Chat free of "banter", not all of us is interested in reading it, nor do we find it funny. It has been seen on several occasions that "banter" spirals out of control and turns into very hateful arguments.

Keep "banter" in Clan Chat and PMs where only friends can read it. There are lots of ways of joking in public chat rooms that does not involve having to resort to death threats.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

There's banter between mates and then there's being an hello kittying arse. This is the latter.

Of all the people I know on this game I'm surprised the most you care about nonsense like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s global bs that everyone notices and ignores and then there is psycho stuff. This is the latter and has no place in game.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 8:38 PM, Liq said:

Browsing the as usual toxic global chat, something caught my eyes

and as per this:

image.thumb.png.8fbadd82151b857b650fec8cc7e64e50.png

 

I thought I'd post it here

WgZZtpC.jpg

Is that acceptable?

Was it reported in game by using report function??
Such statements would deserve a permanent account ban

We welcome screens in this topics to help us speed up the process but need an in game report to support it.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, admin said:

Such statements would deserve a permanent account ban

We welcome screens in this topics to help us speed up the process but need an in game report to support it.

Thank you for removing the scum from the caribbean sea, gotta keep them oceans clean...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 8:27 AM, admin said:

Was it reported in game by using report function??
Such statements would deserve a permanent account ban

We welcome screens in this topics to help us speed up the process but need an in game report to support it

Don't you think a permaban is a bit of an overreaction to a joke that is simply in bad taste? I mean no one was offended by it and if you are really worried about other passive readers like liq taking offense to the "toxic"  global chat maybe it is time to use chat filters. Perma banning members for bad jokes and not perma banning members on the forums for comparing developers intelligence to a wall is just not a fair way to deal with members.  

There is no debate about it being intended as a joke considering his reply and other people in global. Give the man a chance with a 7 day ban please. 

Edited by HachiRoku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess the safest way from now going forward is to just not use global and nation chat.

I do think a permaban is a bit harsh but hey rules are rulkes i guess.

I had better stop posting here just in case :) .

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use the global chat... but be respectful. That is all they ask.

Naval discipline dictates... 20 lashes, and the next offense will be a public hanging!

Edited by LIONOFWALES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...