Game-Labs Forum

How to Improve RVR slightly

Remove outposts limit, every port your nation captures should be immediately usable and not require you to delete the use of another. This way you can store items and ships, TP to and from the front lines without the arbitration of establishing an outpost in the port your nation owns. Having a port but not being able to use it makes port ownership and taking ports redundant and pointless, if you cannot use the ports you capture, then there is no reason to capture them. This is especially apparent after you've used all 8 outposts, you are no longer able to make use of captured ports, which is why RVR is so slow and a chore and the outpost limit should be removed.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 2

There isn't a single unclaimed port on the map and there are a lot of clans. A few less valuable ports at least gives smaller clans a chance at port ownership and to set up small clan based trade hubs  Otherwise the whole map might end up being be carved up between havoc and the nightflippers and 99% of the player pop will be out of RvR completely. Also with the rare wood change can make a 'useless' port suddenly very valuable. Small clans will have to try to defend with clan alliances and/or collect and move out resources which might be interesting. If you want to defend/use a port then you have to sail there, set up an outpost and sacrifice another. I don't see whats wrong with that.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hullabaloo said:

There isn't a single unclaimed port on the map and there are a lot of clans. A few less valuable ports at least gives smaller clans a chance at port ownership and to set up small clan based trade hubs 

Doesn't happen, no one can reach these ports due to the limit, you can't utilize a port without an outpost even if you own it which is artificially stunting progress and expansion

12 hours ago, Hullabaloo said:

set up an outpost and sacrifice another. I don't see whats wrong with that.

That's not a worthy sacrifice, where's the benefit to the limit? You have to constantly delete outposts, no one wants to do that. The majority of ports don't even have repairs, clans are capturing them and leaving them idle because there is no traffic.

I would love free access to all the clans owned ports, then i maters more to have a functioning active clan that does RvR. But all nations ports will in some cases be a LOT! Just look at GB.. 🤔

Edited by Tiedemann

It sure makes sense doesn't it? You capture the port, you should be able to store things there freely, it's literally your port and you own it. Why would you need an outpost at a port that you and your clan own? That makes no sense to limit players such a way and I'll bet if asked, the developers wouldn't have a purposeful intent for such a limit. If so, I'd like to put scrutiny towards it because lack of focus and intent is what makes this game so soulless and features un-connected from each other. E.g. patrols and OW have no interconnection, literally 2 seprate entities sharing space awkwardly.

On 3/5/2019 at 11:17 AM, Slim McSauce said:

features un-connected from each other. E.g. patrols and OW have no interconnection, literally 2 seprate entities sharing space awkwardly.

agree 100%

However:

Clan X that has tons of elite players, all gold PB ships , unlimited resources. They take 50 strategic Ports and then not only do they have all these advantages but now they also have 58 Outposts! and can arrive virtually anywhere on the map with overwhelming force in minutes! That would be ridiculous. 

By the way, I've not been very active since the last update, but twice in one hour I was sat outside a battle unable to enter because the battle BR equalized. Sat there doing nothing for over an hour whilst listening on TS to my mates actually playing the game. We had fast teak/wo 3 and 2 rates and they were all in live white 1st rates so we had massive disadvantage. It took 3 separate battles to finally sink/cap them all! It just turned into tag teaming and running to nearby neut port to rep until they ran out of reps, instead of one glorious balanced battle.

I blame you! :)

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:17 AM, Slim McSauce said:

It sure makes sense doesn't it? You capture the port, you should be able to store things there freely, it's literally your port and you own it. Why would you need an outpost at a port that you and your clan own? That makes no sense to limit players such a way and I'll bet if asked, the developers wouldn't have a purposeful intent for such a limit. If so, I'd like to put scrutiny towards it because lack of focus and intent is what makes this game so soulless and features un-connected from each other. E.g. patrols and OW have no interconnection, literally 2 seprate entities sharing space awkwardly.

Wouldn't that force players to join the larger clans? 

I think it can be done even better than that. Some individuation for each outpost would be nice and quite balanced if done with care.

So take for example, there is no limit on outposts, or maybe there is one but not are hard limited. Perhaps each outpost you have cost a certain number of reals/doubloons a day, so there is no max cap but you can end spending a large percentage of your income on keeping up your enterprise. With that you have dock space that is port specific, meaning you start off with 1, upgrade to 3, then 6, so on and so forth..

The initial upgrade isn't the main cost, it's the tax you pay over time to maintain upkeep for this space, that way you can have all the outposts, buildings, docks, whatever but you need to play heavily and make good money along with it, otherwise you have to downgrade to lower your daily expenditure. You're no longer locked to a number of outpost, your limit is your business. On top of it all, a percentage of daily tax goes into the port, which I believe would make every port profitable once more and expand RVR to what it should be.

If people could freely use all nation ports, then what it would take for these ports to make money is simply traffic. Once people set up business there, then the port makes money through tax. The reason we don't see this work now is because traffic is artifically limited through outpost. You only get 8 max, so you're not storing anything elsewhere which could equate to taxable income for the port owner.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1