Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

To make things interesting in the solo pvp zone since team battle is obviously out the window and 1vs1 fights are only in this zone, could we possibly get the ability to fight your own nation in this zone? It is called "solo" and i think your nations flag shouldnt matter in this zone at this point. Lets hear everyones thoughts on the idea. Thanks ahead of time

  • Like 21
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, z4ys said:

lets assume for a moment there are no alts. Then wouldnt that make dmg farming between friends even easier?

PvP dmg farming gives you nothing now. Besides, alts indeed are there... I think it's not a very critical concern at the current state of the game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

lets assume for a moment there are no alts. Then wouldnt that make dmg farming between friends even easier?

that could be a problem and something to consider. but I think the benefits would outweigh the cons in today's gameplay, but....its something to think about for tomorrows gameplay.

Edited by Vile Executioner
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vazco said:

PvP dmg farming gives you nothing now. Besides, alts indeed are there... I think it's not a very critical concern at the current state of the game.

heth and I we are such noobs we capture cheap Ai ships and (assuming we are same nation) we sink each other celebration our new pvp marks. Sorry but fighting same nation makes stuff to easy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

you still have pvp marks? how much can I buy them for?

Combat medals are the new PvP marks, and you can get them from the 1v1's.

So currently the easiest way to farm them is to get a friend in another nation, both buy cheap ships from NPC or capture them, head to do a 1v1, have a proper fight so you cannot be reported, keep rinsing and repeating and share out the combat medals between you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Velhelm Von Marrius said:

Alts are the constant roadblock to many potential improvements. The removal of alts would open the door to many possibilities for this game.

You have to dig deeper; Why are alts useful?

Link to post
Share on other sites

if you think any idea with ALTS in mind, you are not helping the game at all... first Content then use the damn thing, but ALT here, alt there... cheaters will find a way in any posible world... this game need content, ALT should be remove bit by bit if the game itself had the conditions to play in a single account, but sadly it doesnt... 

ALT politics is supported by

1: output limitation
2: building limitation
3: gather resourses from other nations to your main account
4: grief your main account nation ( PVP)
5: weird RVR mechanics

@adminmy solution to get rid of ALTS is:

1: Output limitation Only in National Conquest ( give some meaning to RVR ) tow with fee but those dubloons go to the Owner of that PORT, supporting CLAN Missions.
2: Building limitation increased to 10 ( this way you can farm resourses more easily without ALT and u can Use ports where you need Inside your National Area of conquest.

and everything else will fade away with time.

PS: sorry for beeing off Topic here. about the idea i will keep outlaw fights for Pirates, but the rest will remain the same, not friendly farming for medals.

Edited by Carlos_Condell
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jodgi said:

You have to dig deeper; Why are alts useful?

because alts are the barrier to enterprise. There is no outpost expansion, no building expansion, you're stuck with what you have no matter how much money you have on your main, you the entry to the next level of business is buying alts. Alts have more power than mains do and unlike E.V.E and RS, are required after a certain point to advance

Edited by Slim McSauce
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

because alts are the barrier to enterprise. There is no outpost expansion, no building expansion, you're stuck with what you have no matter how much money you have on your main, you the entry to the next level of business is buying alts. Alts have more power than mains do and unlike E.V.E and RS, are required after a certain point.

I've gone deeper than that, slim, do you dare to look?

Also, I've seen this comment about EVE: "If you're playing on one account; You're doing it wrong."

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jodgi said:

I've gone deeper than that, slim, do you dare to look?

Also, I've seen this comment about EVE: "If you're playing on one account; You're doing it wrong."

There's a huge difference in E.V.E everything can be done on one account, you have 3 chars and can use one for industry, 1 for combat and 1 for mining. In NA you have 1 char per account and once it's filled you're buying another copy on a separate steam account entirely. In E.V.E I can skill a main to do everything if I want, in NA an alt is required to support more than 2 ports on the map using more than 5 buildings. In NA you could use half a dozen alts just to have outpost for each port in your territory, in E.V.E there is no such restriction.

Devs have gone backwards on this I think, instead of huge resource dumps on limited outposts/buildings they should've done smaller resource dumps on unrestricted outposts buildings, making it so you can use every port, Want an extra supply of 300 Live Oak a day? capture another port. We've instead made that into an alt endeavour which is probably why the majority of ports go unused and there's only pvp at capitals and freeports, no one has space to expand elsewhere, gamelabs expects you to delete your progress to move forward, which is a stand still until you buy an alt.

Repairs alone would take 3 buildings of your 5, and that's to supply a few ports. No wonder it doesn't work, the design is pants. Everyone is set an an equal 5 buildings which is why we're starving, there is no big business enterprises to put in the risk and supply to meet the demand, big business isn't possible in NA.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

no real reason why not. I would however make sure any rewards ( and this is the same for all pvp  rewards ) should be zero sum

 

the winner takes currency / reward / combat mark  or whatever from the loser, no more talk of players farming their own alts or their friends

 

a player can only leave port with a mark of currency ( these could be bought from the admiralty or whatever  if needed ) and then if they are sunk, the winner of a battle takes that as part of their winnings.

 

just my thoughts on pvp rewards , but I like the idea stated

Edited by Vizzini
clarity
Link to post
Share on other sites

Solo Patrols is the best thing that happened to solo pvp since launch
But it also could be that SOLO patrol zones is THAT feature. 
That feature that everybody asks for, but then after its added, asks to add new things to it to use it, and then for something else - still not using it.

If the feature is great is going to be used in the first day by many.
Examples:
New ROE: used by many - we see battles escalating over and over - giving exciting and even pvp opportunities for players
New trading: used by many right from the start
New group missions: used by many right from the start
Delivery missions: used by many right from the start

… 
Player @Gringo69rus waited in the solo patrol for the solo pvp for 2 hours. no solo pvper came. Everybody was in the patrol zones doing group things.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, admin said:

Solo Patrols is the best thing that happened to solo pvp since launch
But it also could be that SOLO patrol zones is THAT feature. 
That feature that everybody asks for, but then after its added, asks to add new things to it to use it, and then for something else - still not using it.

If the feature is great is going to be used in the first day by many.
Examples:
New ROE: used by many - we see battles escalating over and over - giving exciting and even pvp opportunities for players
New trading: used by many right from the start
New group missions: used by many right from the start
Delivery missions: used by many right from the start

… 
Player @Gringo69rus waited in the solo patrol for the solo pvp for 2 hours. no solo pvper came. Everybody was in the patrol zones doing group things.
 

the solo patrol circle is a little bit too big. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Solo patrol circle is definitly too big

In Solo patrol smaller tier ship should have option to tag bigger ship. This is much needed. I wanna engage a 5th rate in my 6th rate :). I did an ow duel with a h.rattle in my Hercules. I was losing the battle, it was very close. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

 

Edit: @AeRoTR has a nice idea above as well and probably more simple to implement. 

not really because then you will be just attacked by light ships when you don't want it. 
solo class patrol means = you can only be attacked by the same class. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, admin said:

not really because then you will be just attacked by light ships when you don't want it. 
solo class patrol means = you can only be attacked by the same class. 

Why not give a message X player in Niagra invites you to duel, ACCEPT or REJECT ?

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, admin said:

Examples:
New ROE: used by many - we see battles escalating over and over - giving exciting and even pvp opportunities for players
New trading: used by many right from the start
New group missions: used by many right from the start
Delivery missions: used by many right from the start

I really think you've done a great work with the recent patch, but there are things that I'd definately like tweaked. I have to say though that it's hardly fair to compare the suggestion put forward by @Vile Executioner to features you have already implemented that has no real alternative for players.

Please do not take this the wrong way, however:

Claiming the new ROE it is a great feature because it's used by every player is a bit far fetched when that is the only way you have left us to play the game we love :) personally given the choice between the old ROE and new ROE, I'd certainly chose the old one because that provides more safety for me as the attacking party.

It's all a work in progress though, we'll see how things develop.

Edited by Percival Merewether
Grammer
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...