Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 30: General feedback

im in a pinch.. almost killed a ship and was maybe alittle close to it.. hopefully im not gioing to loose my ship : (

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Noobdelux said:

im in a pinch.. almost killed a ship and was maybe alittle close to it.. hopefully im not gioing to loose my ship : (

Same. I engaged a Pavel and fight was about to load when it crashed...

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, admin said:

Fire changes

• Fire damage to hull and structure reduced
  • Fire spread from getting hit by cannonballs increased
  • You will see ships explode more under focused fire, and they will burn out much slower.

https://youtu.be/OrsgDDKMBs0 🙄💥💣💥

Now I am afraid to fight against a large number of ships. It can not be controlled. Just random 🤔

After patch with new damage system avoid damage is not possible - takes damage structure with masts or board. Now, shooting from any angle will blow you up.

Getting fire shock is easy and you can not hide with him :)

Edited by Moscalb
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Moscalb said:

https://youtu.be/OrsgDDKMBs0 🙄💥💣💥

Now I am afraid to fight against a large number of ships. It can not be controlled. Just random 🤔

it's not random and it can be controlled - by another side. 
If you are on fire - every cannonball spreads the burning pieces of wood and cloth around the ship. Enemies if they want you to explode will shoot you to spread the fire faster. Explosion only happens when fire reaches the magazine. 

Previously the fire spread from cannoball hits was low - it was not enough if you were on survival and firefighting actively. Now as an enemy YOU can speed up explosions if you want it. if you do not want the target to explode - do not shoot hull.

Ps. we not sure yet, if it is a greatest feature ever - let's get more feedback in. Looking at your video people love using it ;)

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, admin said:

это не случайно и им можно управлять - с другой стороны. 
Если вы в огне - каждое пушечное ядро разносит горящие кусочки дерева и ткани вокруг корабля. Враги, если они хотят, чтобы вы взорвались, будут стрелять в вас, чтобы быстрее распространить огонь. Взрыв происходит только тогда, когда огонь достигает магазина. 

Раньше огонь от ударов каннобаллом был слабым - этого было недостаточно, если вы были на выживании и активно боролись. Теперь, как враг, вы можете ускорить взрывы, если хотите. если вы не хотите, чтобы цель взорвалась - не стреляйте в корпус.

Ps. мы еще не уверены, является ли это когда-либо лучшей функцией - давайте получим больше отзывов. Глядя на ваше видео, люди любят его использовать;)

I edited littlebit :)
Random - getting fire. Next you need to hide. If there are more opponents than you, it is almost impossible.

P.s. that is, I worry more for fighting in the minority.

Edited by Moscalb

If you are on fire, sail towards your opponents. Maybe they will run from you? I’ve seen it before when fire used to be a thing. 

22 minutes ago, admin said:

Explosion only happens when fire reaches the magazine.

how can we know where the magazine is?

39 minutes ago, admin said:

it's not random and it can be controlled - by another side. 
If you are on fire - every cannonball spreads the burning pieces of wood and cloth around the ship. Enemies if they want you to explode will shoot you to spread the fire faster. Explosion only happens when fire reaches the magazine. 

Previously the fire spread from cannoball hits was low - it was not enough if you were on survival and firefighting actively. Now as an enemy YOU can speed up explosions if you want it. if you do not want the target to explode - do not shoot hull.

Ps. we not sure yet, if it is a greatest feature ever - let's get more feedback in. Looking at your video people love using it ;)

TRUE LOVE!!

28 minutes ago, Moscalb said:

I edited littlebit :)
Random - getting fire. Next you need to hide. If there are more opponents than you, it is almost impossible.

P.s. that is, I worry more for fighting in the minority.

Why are 2 Russian speaking people communicating with Google translate? :)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

wtb buckets

I actually have a couple of them, finally get to us them.

31 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

If you are on fire, sail towards your opponents. Maybe they will run from you? I’ve seen it before when fire used to be a thing. 

I remember one time in small battles/dual room I had an inger with firshop fitting.  I would toggle surviva to fan the fire but never go into fireshock.  It was funny cause every one on the other team was running from me the shore fight lol

21 minutes ago, Wyy said:

It’s historical location on each ship.  Not all them had them in the same spot.  I use to light up certain AI ships easly cause I knew where they are located on certain ships.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It’s historical location on each ship.  Not all them had them in the same spot.  I use to light up certain AI ships easly cause I knew where they are located on certain ships.

But for people that haven't studied each an every ships magazine location how would they know? (i got a solution, already shared it and No Feedback from admin) 

5 minutes ago, Wyy said:

But for people that haven't studied each an every ships magazine location how would they know? (i got a solution, already shared it and No Feedback from admin) 

They could find out?

Fire seems a little heavy handed - but i really haven't had the chance to test it...

I'll withold judgement until later.

1 hour ago, Vizzini said:

wtb buckets

New upgrade coming soon.

1 hour ago, Wyy said:

This was a discussion we had like yesterday on Global (PvE). It would be interesting to have the info/knowledge in game (at release) and not have to rely on 3rd party source. Some sort of light version ingame encyclopedia with a summary of ships history and the important infos related to game mechanics (ships draft, magazine location, optimal cannon usage, whatever makes sense).

Good to know that it is historically accurate though.

Once fire starts it quickly becomes uncontrolable. With that big fire, there was only 30!!!! man on survival. So I said wtf, turn off all stations, but survival stayed on 30. I had same big fire on my Ocean before patch, it burnt half of my ship, but I was able to control it. I remember 60 or more man on survival. 

As 1st rates become so expansive, now they start to pop like popcorns, I am asking my self why should I sail them. A proper 1st rate exploding like this, is broken. If this was fir/fir open magazine, fireship upgraded ship, I would love it, but it was not and I hated it. 

Knowing this is a BETA, wiped are coming it is okay. When game released this will not be ok. 

• Like 2

Just now, Aerospace said:

Once fire starts it quickly becomes uncontrolable. With that big fire, there was only 30!!!! man on survival. So I said wtf, turn off all stations, but survival stayed on 30. I had same big fire on my Ocean before patch, it burnt half of my ship, but I was able to control it. I remember 60 or more man on survival.

Agree with that. Survival crew should not be capped. It would be more interesting to allow us remove crew from sailing and gunnery and have them in full survival mode.

Woods that have a better fire resistance stat sounds pretty nice now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aerospace said:

As 1st rates become so expansive, now they start to pop like popcorns, I am asking my self why should I sail them. A proper 1st rate exploding like this, is broken. If this was fir/fir open magazine, fireship upgraded ship, I would love it, but it was not and I hated it. 

Orient exploded exactly because 5 british ships were firing into it to spread fire quicker.

At 21:00, the British observed a fire on the lower decks of the Orient, the French flagship.[118] Identifying the danger this posed to the Orient, Captain Hallowell directed his gun crews to fire their guns directly into the blaze. Sustained British gun fire spread the flames throughout the ship's stern and prevented all efforts to extinguish them.[109] Within minutes the fire had ascended the rigging and set the vast sails alight.[117] The nearest British ships, Swiftsure, Alexander, and Orion, all stopped firing, closed their gunports, and began edging away from the burning ship in anticipation of the detonation of the enormous ammunition supplies stored on board.[110] In addition, they took crews away from the guns to form fire parties and to soak the sails and decks in seawater to help contain any resulting fires.[112] Likewise the French ships Tonnant, Heureux, and Mercure all cut their anchor cables and drifted southwards away from the burning ship.[119] At 22:00 the fire reached the magazines, and the Orient was destroyed by a massive explosion. The concussion of the blast was powerful enough to rip open the seams of the nearest ships,[120] and flaming wreckage landed in a huge circle, much of it flying directly over the surrounding ships into the sea beyond.[121] Falling wreckage started fires on Swiftsure, Alexander, and Franklin, although in each case teams of sailors with water buckets succeeded in extinguishing the flames,[109] despite a secondary explosion on Franklin

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, admin said:

Orient exploded exactly because 5 british ships were firing into it to spread fire quicker.

If it is possible though - could we adjust survival in battle to be a choice?

Similar to when you repair - you press 5 and then choose a type of repairs.

You should be able to press survival and then have 4 options -- none, minumum, standard, heavy.

That way when something happens like leaks or a fire your setting on survival can determine how many crew members you want to send to fix it.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Woods that have a better fire resistance stat sounds pretty nice now.

all those cheap ass Spanish cag ships that people pooh pood before wipe look a bit less stupid now

and of course all those Fir Fir 1st rates ... a bad use of resources

• Like 3

So last night I saw not only 1 but 3 Orients, I am sure we will see many many more. Stupid orients can use 30 men for survival although they have 1100 crew. No worries mate, we have 30 guys fighting against this huge fire, it will be ok, booOOOMM! 

Did I say 1st rates are very expansive now and teak/wo/lo is only at 1 port only? 

If we are "Allahu Akbar" Orient fighters cause it is realistic, I want Queen to give me my 1st rate, why am I crafting it myself :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

If it is possible though - could we adjust survival in battle to be a choice?

Similar to when you repair - you press 5 and then choose a type of repairs.

You should be able to press survival and then have 4 options -- none, minumum, standard, heavy.

That way when something happens lole leaks or a fire your setting or survival can determine how many crew members you want to send to fix it.

fire has the radius and the bigger the radius the more people are needed for firefighting. they are already at max capacity, and additional people will not improve the speed of firefighting
but there are mods that improve it

in terms of overall spread - we will see if it needs adjusting these couple of days

44 minutes ago, StuntPotato said:

They could find out?

from a customer pov this kind of information something that should be available ingame, every captain that sailed its ship would know its ship weakness inside and out, what im implying is that we need some kind of graphic that shows what hitboxes sits where on the ship not unlike all the wargaming games has aswell as war thunder